3D Passthrough Issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-05-2013, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Trying to figure out how to get 3D working with my equipment: Panasonic TCP65-VT60, DirecTV Genie, Pioneer Elite VSX94-TXH AVR with the Genie going through the AVR to the TV. I understand that the AVR won't pass the 3D signal from the Genie box to the TV. I thought about trying an HDMI splitter from the Genie box taking one output to the TV and the other to the AVR but reading reviews HDMI 1.33 splitters on Amazon, it seems like that won't work unless both devices attached to the output of the splitter are 3D capable. So, my question for the gurus here is what would work to do what I want to do so that I get 3D video and 5.1 channel audio out of my system?

Could I take the HDMI directly to the TV from the Genie and the optical audio out from the TV to the AVR?

Would an HDMI 1.4 splitter work?

Thanks in advance for your advice, Joel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-05-2013, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thinking about this, I remembered that the Genie has a digital audio out (RCA) so I am thinking that I could take the HDMI video from the Genie to the TV and the digital audio from the Genie to the AVR. Would that work well? any downsides to doing that?
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 94txh

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page