Economic 3D Glasses Panasonic ST60? (50 inch) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-08-2013, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I tried searching on these forums to see if I could find this anywhere, but the closest I found was for the ST50.

Our TV came with 2 glasses and we wanted to get 4 or 5 more glasses for the family. The Panasonic ones that we saw are too pricey for us right now. Does anyone know of any glasses in the $30 or less range that work with this TV (Panasonic ST60).

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-11-2013, 10:23 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar Burn View Post

Hi,

I tried searching on these forums to see if I could find this anywhere, but the closest I found was for the ST50.

Our TV came with 2 glasses and we wanted to get 4 or 5 more glasses for the family. The Panasonic ones that we saw are too pricey for us right now. Does anyone know of any glasses in the $30 or less range that work with this TV (Panasonic ST60).

Thanks!

Here you go - $20 each. I have an ST60 also. These glasses will work.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SSG-5100GB-3D-Active-Glasses/dp/B00BIP816Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1370970887&sr=1-1&keywords=Samsung+5100GB

post #3 of 6 Old 07-10-2013, 08:18 PM

I feel like an idiot - how do you replace the battery in the ones that ship with the TV? There are no screws and I can't figure it out. There's a tab looking thing above the nosepiece but it has no give. Can't find anything in the manual.....
post #4 of 6 Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digduggler View Post

I feel like an idiot - how do you replace the battery in the ones that ship with the TV? There are no screws and I can't figure it out. There's a tab looking thing above the nosepiece but it has no give. Can't find anything in the manual.....

Nevermind smile.gif Apparently you just pull the middle piece down somewhat gently and it snaps out.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-18-2013, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakingers View Post

well, the 3D glasses of panasonic or samsung are more expensive than other brands, you can try vip

I know you meant well, but that kind of blanket recommendation is really not helpful. While I am a fan of VIP's products, owning several sets of their glasses and emitters as well as a Theatre and Theatre Plus, they are not necessarily a suitable substitute for glasses on displays made by other manufacturers who sell their own glasses. They are RF, but Zigbee, and not compatible with Bluetooth, which is what Panasonic uses. To use them with other displays that have their own glasses, the display has to have a VESA 3D sync jack that the VIP emitter can plug into, or you must have a separate IR receiver that can drive the VIP emitter from the TV's own IR sync signal. Monster Cable used to sell a set of RF glasses (from the same OEM as the VIP glasses) that had the IR receiver and an RF emitter, but they are now out of that market and the kits are becoming hard to find.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #6 of 6 Old 01-23-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog000 View Post

Here you go - $20 each. I have an ST60 also. These glasses will work.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SSG-5100GB-3D-Active-Glasses/dp/B00BIP816Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1370970887&sr=1-1&keywords=Samsung+5100GB

Just to verify - I have a TC-P50ST60, but these will work even though they're Samsung? Any drawbacks? The price is great!
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page