Economic 3D Glasses Panasonic ST60? (50 inch) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-08-2013, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Mar Burn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I tried searching on these forums to see if I could find this anywhere, but the closest I found was for the ST50.

Our TV came with 2 glasses and we wanted to get 4 or 5 more glasses for the family. The Panasonic ones that we saw are too pricey for us right now. Does anyone know of any glasses in the $30 or less range that work with this TV (Panasonic ST60).

Thanks!
Mar Burn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 06-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Member
 
joedog000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar Burn View Post

Hi,

I tried searching on these forums to see if I could find this anywhere, but the closest I found was for the ST50.

Our TV came with 2 glasses and we wanted to get 4 or 5 more glasses for the family. The Panasonic ones that we saw are too pricey for us right now. Does anyone know of any glasses in the $30 or less range that work with this TV (Panasonic ST60).

Thanks!

Here you go - $20 each. I have an ST60 also. These glasses will work.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SSG-5100GB-3D-Active-Glasses/dp/B00BIP816Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1370970887&sr=1-1&keywords=Samsung+5100GB

joedog000 is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 07-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Member
 
digduggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I feel like an idiot - how do you replace the battery in the ones that ship with the TV? There are no screws and I can't figure it out. There's a tab looking thing above the nosepiece but it has no give. Can't find anything in the manual.....
digduggler is offline  
post #4 of 6 Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Member
 
digduggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by digduggler View Post

I feel like an idiot - how do you replace the battery in the ones that ship with the TV? There are no screws and I can't figure it out. There's a tab looking thing above the nosepiece but it has no give. Can't find anything in the manual.....

Nevermind smile.gif Apparently you just pull the middle piece down somewhat gently and it snaps out.
digduggler is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 07-18-2013, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 1,982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakingers View Post

well, the 3D glasses of panasonic or samsung are more expensive than other brands, you can try vip

I know you meant well, but that kind of blanket recommendation is really not helpful. While I am a fan of VIP's products, owning several sets of their glasses and emitters as well as a Theatre and Theatre Plus, they are not necessarily a suitable substitute for glasses on displays made by other manufacturers who sell their own glasses. They are RF, but Zigbee, and not compatible with Bluetooth, which is what Panasonic uses. To use them with other displays that have their own glasses, the display has to have a VESA 3D sync jack that the VIP emitter can plug into, or you must have a separate IR receiver that can drive the VIP emitter from the TV's own IR sync signal. Monster Cable used to sell a set of RF glasses (from the same OEM as the VIP glasses) that had the IR receiver and an RF emitter, but they are now out of that market and the kits are becoming hard to find.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 01-23-2014, 10:27 AM
Member
 
marknyc5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog000 View Post

Here you go - $20 each. I have an ST60 also. These glasses will work.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SSG-5100GB-3D-Active-Glasses/dp/B00BIP816Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1370970887&sr=1-1&keywords=Samsung+5100GB

Just to verify - I have a TC-P50ST60, but these will work even though they're Samsung? Any drawbacks? The price is great!
marknyc5 is offline  
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off