Samsung wrongfully branded some 2012 led tvs as Full Hd 3d - false advertisement more inside - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-20-2013, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It turns out that the un55eh6070 does not do full HD 3d. However it does 1080p in 2d and it does 3d but however it does not do full HD in 3d as advertised. I've had a technician come out I have been on Samsung live chat I have emailed corporate. The technician agrees with me as do many other owners. I'll post a 2d and 3d test image this evening.

Here is a reference of the same thing done last year.
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/D6x00_TVs_FULL_HD_3D_Defect

Here is another from this trusted forum.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1362161/samsung-led-tv-series-dxx6xxx-no-full-hd-in-3d-mode

I asked Samsung live chat 4 times When I was in my exchange period, I informed them I would return it and pay the difference for a better unit, I was assured that I must be miseeing things and that it is for sure Full HD 3d 1080 P (I have the transcripts) I wanted to trust Samsung I'm loyal to them I have so many registered devices it's incredible it has come to this. I knew what I saw, I knew it was not doing what it's supposed to, and they told me there sorry if the ad was misleading. Its not misleading it's wrong blatantly wrong. My service tech agreed with me as I have many facts and references such as Samsung's on website. Samsung can not keep praying on the misinformed, I'm not just a Public Citizen I'm a highly passionate advanced past your typical knowledge base tech. I'm in the process of getting my CEH license and honestly feel the class is taught me nothing I don't know I only said that so that when I say I know my stuff people understand. Don't let Samsung keep doing this,

Will fix typos and grammar from home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2013, 02:04 AM

They should replace the set free of charge, they did with mine, this is false advertising, watch out as they will quickly remove all the full Hd 3D
Logos from the boxs, and send out new firmware upgrades to remove the same logo from the tv went you press the 3D button....to cover themselves.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-30-2013, 02:08 AM

Are you 100% its not full Hd 3D? I can't belive Samsung have done this again? EH series are quite new?

I got upgraded from a D6xxx series to. D7xxxxx series

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-05-2013, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

I am 100% sure it is not Full HD in 3D mode and so is the tech that samsung sent out to evaluate the TV. My service/repair form states: "TV does not work as advertised" Samsung of course gave me the cold shoulder but the owner of the repair facility gave me many pointers on what to do to have them replace the unit. Whats sad is I have about 20 Items registered with Sammy and i have had ZERO problems with any other, I am loyal to Samsung and if this is how they treat there customers I am not sure I want to stay with them. Had they just exchanged the Unit I would not have gone public. Sure is sad as a consumer, I was on live chat four times when I was within my exchange period informing them i would have paid more and returned the unit to get Full HD in 3d mode but I was ensured that is was capable and My eyes were not seeing what was there, they didn't count on me having a lesser 5 series sitting right next to it and it was capable of doing full hd 1920 x 1080 p full hd per left and right eye in 3d mode. I also emailed corporate and the email i got back was comicle to say the least. I will release the Email and Live chat transcripts soon if this is not resolved. The email was so horrible that I have been assured that the sender is no longer employed by samsung. Here is the kicker, I didnt even need a new TV, I only got it to replace my 50" PN50C490 720p 3d set for ONLY 3D reasons. I jumped on the 3d bandwagon Early and had a 3d TV prior to one 3d bluray movie hitting the market. Samsung Knows this as previously stated I have many of my products registered. Not that it matters if Im a samsung loyal or just regular consumer, what was done here is very wrong. I was sold a un55eh6030 as a un55eh6070 there is no difference other than one having a bluray player included in the Box (witch I didn't need)

Sad a company as large as samsung hasn't fixed this already.

Tags
Samsung Un55eh6070 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Led 3d Hdtv With 3d Blu Ray Disc Player