Directv 3D Content no longer playable on Vizio TV! Worked yesterday, now "TV is not 3D capable?" - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-14-2013, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58

I'm loving my new Vizio 70" LCD TV. Especially after discovering how well it delivers on the promise of hassle free 3D with its passive tech and RealD compatible system.

However, as of this morning, my Directv DVR is telling me that my TV is not 3D capable and I can't tune to any 3D channel (106, 107)

Specifically, I'm getting this message:

"This program cannot be viewed because this TV is not 3D capable"

The TV is connected to a Denon AVR-591 audio/vidio receiver via HDMI. The Directv Genie HR34 is connected to the Denon via HDMI. What gives?

This was working fine just a few days ago. I watched YouTube 3D as well as 3D programs on both channel 106 and 107 (ESPN 3D and 3Net)

Any suggestions?

My Blog >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

My Equipment: 70" Vizio M-Series | Directv HR34-700 | Denon AVR-591 | Harmony Smart Control | Samsung LNT-5265 | PS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-14-2013, 05:21 AM - Thread Starter

Update: I believe I may have just found out the problem.

Under "Display Options > TV Resolutions", I had everything deselected except 1080i and 1080p. Apparently that was the problem. Once I checked off all resolutions and saved those options, the 3D content displays without the error messages.

My Blog >
|
|

My Equipment: 70" Vizio M-Series | Directv HR34-700 | Denon AVR-591 | Harmony Smart Control | Samsung LNT-5265 | PS3
post #3 of 8 Old 07-18-2013, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Revisiting this to see if I can get some confirmation.

To anyone who is familiar with DirecTV and running 3D to 1080p tvs, what are the optimal DirecTV settings? Or does it even matter? I have the HR34-700 genie.

I prefer to uncheck the "Native" option as well uncheck all TV resolutions below 1080i. So, I just want to send 1080i to my 1080p tv.

However, on the 3D channels, 3Net and ESPN 3D in particular, I don't believe that's possible. I keep getting random messages telling me that my display doesn't support 3D content or that the "current resolution" is not supported for 3D.

Any insights much appreciated.

My Blog >
|
|

post #4 of 8 Old 07-22-2013, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Update: The issue reared its head again over the weekend. The only way I could resolve it was to turn the TV and DirecTV box off, then back on again.

I believe that it may have something to do with my HDMI cable (25 foot run), so I'm going to be changing the cable out for a newer one with Redmere.

My Blog >
|
|

post #5 of 8 Old 08-15-2013, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Have you had any luck figuring this out? Im running an HR34 into a Denon 4311 and then into the Vizio M701d.

Same problem as you. It says tv is not compatible. However my PS3 to 4311 to vizio works just fine with 3d BluRay like Avatar and Life of Pi.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-16-2013, 04:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb55 View Post

Have you had any luck figuring this out? Im running an HR34 into a Denon 4311 and then into the Vizio M701d.

Same problem as you. It says tv is not compatible. However my PS3 to 4311 to vizio works just fine with 3d BluRay like Avatar and Life of Pi.

No, it still happens about half the time. I believe it could be my HDMI cable. I have a 25' run of cable that's 7 years old. I also get the purple screen on downloaded Vudu and Amazon streaming HD movies. Have to turn the tv off, reset the cable and turn the TV back on to get it to work.

I'm going to be changing my HDMI cable soon. I'm hoping that resolves it.

Do you have a newer, "high speed" HDMI cable?

My Blog >
|
|

post #7 of 8 Old 08-16-2013, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
All of my hdmi cables are high speed 1.4a compatible. Not sure why there are issues.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-16-2013, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Yeah.... this is effin bs. I have a similar problem with my Panasonic player feeding my Mits 3D TV through my Onkyo.
I watched "Oz, The Great and Powerful" in beautiful 3D when it came out.

Now.... when I put that disc in, my Panasonic player refuses to play it citing my TV isn't not 3D. this disc doesn't even have a 2d version on it so it pretty much just locks up and I cant do anything but eject the disc.
I had no issues when it came out, I have the latest firmware on all devices (they are always networked). I've tried changing settings to no avail and to be honest, I really shouldn't have to go through an entire rigamarol of configuration every single time i put a different disc in.

This is the kind of *&% that pisses me off.

Last Watched 3D: Oz the Great and Powerful

It should be called Violet-Ray

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Denon Avr 591 Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page