Can I replace 3DA-1 with 3D VIP Theater device on Samsung HLT-6187s - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-16-2013, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I noticed that the 3D Vip Theater is now only $200. I have an Optoma HD20 in my basement theater and I'd love to check out 3D on the big screen.

Currently I have a 3DA-1 adapter sitting bored attached to my Samsung LED DLP HLT-6187s HDTV set. I was thinking about selling this rare adapter to buy the 3D VIP Theater device for my basement. Any chance I can also use the 3D VIP Theater on my Samsung set as well? I really don't use the 3D TV that much anymore since the initial thrill has worn off and the 3D effects aren't overly impressive on a 61" screen. I expect to be a lot more impressed with 3D on my 120" screen using my Optoma HD20. I may sell the 3DA-1 even if the 3D VIP Theater doesn't work on my set, but it would be nice if it does!

Thanks for any info biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-17-2013, 01:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I hate to say this, but I don't believe so. The 3DA-1 indicates that your Samsung DLP needs to have a checkerboard signal, while the Theater only outputs a frame-interleaved signal. It should work fine with the HD20, though.smile.gif

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #3 of 4 Old 07-17-2013, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
My TV only accepts checkerboard for it to process 3D. I was under the assumption that the 3D VIP theater device is able to do all of the 3D processing:
Quote:
V.I.P's new 3D - Theatre allows 3D contents to play from your PS3, 3D Blu-Ray, Satellite/Cable or internet on 60Hz/120Hz televisions and projectors.

Forget that my TV is 3D ready. My guess is that I do not put my TV in 3D mode for this device to work. The VIP 3D device does all of the work so that the TV doesn't have to do anything. So, I am pretty sure it will work on the Samsung DLP set. It should work on any DLP set that is 60/120HZ according to the manual. I was hoping someone has tried this.

Either way, we'll know for sure very soon!
post #4 of 4 Old 07-17-2013, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I had forgotten your set would be operating as a normal 2D set with the Theatre in place. I tried to modify my post last night to add a line about using the Theatre in a NON-DLP-Link mode, but it must've been when the board was having some work done on it. The whole process hung up, and the change never got posted.
nickels55 likes this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Mitsubishi 3da 1 3d Adapter Pack , Optoma Hd20 Dlp 1080p Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page