Should PS3 3D glasses work on a Panasonic plasma 3D TV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-16-2013, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a new Panasonic 3D plasma which I presume uses active technology since the glasses that came with are battery operated.

I am not in the US so I can't relate to a US model but it's this model here

http://www.panasonic.co.nz/products/home-entertainment/viera-tvs/vt50-series-plasma/

The page talks about

Enjoy the Ultimate 3D TV Experience

The display alternately shows images for the left and right eyes. The left and right lenses of the eyewear open and close in sync with this display timing to show separate images to the left and right eyes. By repeating this action at high speed, the brain perceives 3D images. And because this method displays Full-HD 3D images just as they are, both eyes receive 3D images in high, full-HD quality.

It works fine.

I just picked up a couple of pairs of these from one of those cheap product sites.

http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/sony-playstation-3d-glasses-ps3.html

They are supposed to work with Panasonic TV's but so far I have had no luck making them work. There is red light on the top which flashes slowly which according to the manual indicates 3D. The documentation for the glasses says it receives an IR signal from the TV. Presumably Panasonic TV's emit an IT signal for the glasses to pick up? I know when I put on the Panasonic glasses a glasses icon flashes on the TV showing connection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-17-2013, 01:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
No, the PS3 glasses will not work with your VT50, but they should work with older Panasonic TVs (VT30, VT25, etc). Starting with the 2012 model year, Panasonic is using RF to sync glasses with the TV. If you need inexpensive glasses, you might consider the Samsung SSG-5100GB.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-17-2013, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Rats! Thanks for that. I guess I will be looking for the LG glasses then and see if I can sell these Sony ones
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv , Samsung Ssg 5100gb 3d Active Glasses
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page