PS3 3D Split Screen to full screen. Looking for some help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-03-2013, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have Benq Projector, PS3, and Black ops 2.

I have seen a bunch of videos showing people playing games with split screen for 2 players in full screen using special glasses so each person can see only there screen. LG TV call it Dual Play I believe.

Problem Im having is I when I try this on my PS3 nothing happens. On my Xbox 360 with Halo 4 it works just fine.

In game i just start a two player game in split screen. Then on my projector I set it to 3D top and bottom. (doing this on my Xbox works every time) on the PS3 nothing changes. Im wondering if there is a setting some where in the PS3 that is stopping the video to split to two screens over lapping.

(video of someone else doing this. To give you an idea) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVJcVPvjUJo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-05-2013, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I had this working before, and I did it like this:
Play a 2-player game on the PS3. Pick the setting where the mode is split screen - either left/right or top/bottom. For my set-up there was a 3D converter box involved. I had to turn the box on and set it for 3D t/b or 3D l/r depending on the format of the game's split screen. Once that was set I put the TV in 3D mode and selected t/b or l/r once again. Next you need glasses that do L/L and another pair the do R/R.

Simulview on the PS3 on works with Sony Simulview enabled TVs. Lame. The fake method should work on any set, but it isn't true simulview.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Tomb Raider Ps3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page