which 3D players and 2D to 3D converter boxes do the best job overall conversion in 2013 with typical passive tvs? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-10-2013, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the Monoprice, a 3D Bee Trainer - which currently available converter boxes and players with built-in conversion ability are giving the best overall result with Vizio and other passively decoded TVs? - did 3D Bee's Diamond do better than their first models? how much of the trickery depends upon tweaking picture linearity? do come converters give a semblance of pop-out? -that would be welcome at times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-12-2013, 12:08 PM

i don't know Karlson, but can you tell us what converter has a better 3D conversion in your eyes, the Monoprice or the 3D Bee Trainer ?

I think in 2013 no new 3D converter was released up to now.

Perhaps Gene Dolgoffs 3D converter will be better.., if it will be released.. , Gene told 3 weeks ago, that there'll be a relaunch in August on kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1991665813/instant-3-d-your-games-in-real-3-d-on-your-2-d-and?ref=live
post #3 of 7 Old 08-12-2013, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

thanks - I had not seen Gene's would-be product - its tempting if ~$200 will deliver a unit - that fundraising round certainly fell short.. The 3D BEE with a Vizio E3D420 is quite a bit smoother than the Monoprice - but awfully expensive - some of the modes on the BEE bend the left and right in complimentary fashion to alter subjective depth (?) FWIW have seen good comments for the Monoprice unit when used with projectors - on my tv the Monoprice can create "crater-eyes" biggrin.gif For cheap money, the Kanex Cube is selling at Ebay for $20 shipped.
post #4 of 7 Old 08-13-2013, 11:35 AM

i don't find the offer in ebay. But i have to say, that i had a kanex pro cubeup 2d 3d converter switcher box some months ago.., the conversion quality was ok, better than from cheap 3D converter boxes.., the 3D effect was without mistakes.., but in some cases not very strong. the conversion quality of the LG Cinema 2013 TV's 2012/2013 is better.

And there was a noticable output video lag.., it was annoying to use the converter box with a mediaplayer. Because it took more time to navigate through the player menus
post #5 of 7 Old 08-13-2013, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

post #6 of 7 Old 08-19-2013, 04:29 PM

Liked: 11
Don't forget the Icone Spectat. Its basically LG brand and offers many options
post #7 of 7 Old 08-26-2013, 03:47 AM

i don't think there is a reason to buy a very expensive old 3D converter box from 2011 like the Icone Spectat.., maybe it's from LG , but the 3D conversion quality from LG 2011 wasn't as good as today.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Vizio E3d420vx 42 Passive 3d Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page