Help me understand relationship between htpc and projector!? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-21-2013, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an optima hd33 3d projector. My HTPC has a gtx 650 installed. I have my 3d BDs stored as MKV on my raid array. Here's what I understand about 3d:
When I watch an MKV file w/Power DVD 12, I can activate 3d mode, tell it if it is SBS or top/bottom...once I do that it merges those two halves

IF the projector 3d mode is set to the same, the picture is shifted/skewed. IE - if SBS I loose 1/3 of the screen to the left.

IF the projector 3d mode is set to OFF the picture looks normal, but no 3d (even though glasses are flickering...indicating likely communicating w/projector?

I get the same results if I turn on the 3d on the projector and leave it off in the powerdvd settings (I think, hard to remember now).

So, what is the RIGHT way to do it?

Thanks,

Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 44
You should be able to play back SBS MKV files with any media player (VLC for example). The image on the projector should be a side by side image then just change the 3D mode of projector to SBS and it should work fine. Power DVD might not be setup correctly to play back SBS with out converting to HDMI 1.4 as I believe you are attempting to do.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
post #3 of 6 Old 12-22-2013, 09:38 PM

Hi

I've been googling this topic for several hours now and can find little good info. In relation to downloadable 3D files from the various torrent sites, how can these be played? I'm getting an 2013 ST Panny to replace my older Panny plasma which has 3D. When the poster above says any player can you use MPCHC + torrent downloads? I see PowerDVD mentioned, but most posts I read seemed to imply it doesn't work. I used VLC for many years, but now have settled on MPCHC. My main HTPC is a relatively weak Acer Revo RL100 with a Bluray player, but a weak Nvidia ION video card and an AMD Athlon II Neo Dual-Core Processor K325, Windows 7 Home Premium, NVIDIA nForce 520 LE. My notebook is a monster, 3G i7 quad, Nvidia gt650, so I'll use it for any Bluray needs. What is the best way to get ripped 3D bluray content to work from a PC?

Acer Revo RL100 HTPC Win7 64;1.3Hz Athlon II Neo K325 Dual Core;4GB 1,066MHz DDR3;512MB (shared) Nvidia GeForce GT9400 (Ion)>Panasonic P50ST60.
Audio: Revo USB>HRT Music Streamer II>Linn Classik K>Linn 5125>Aktiv Katans(K400 and black RCA), OR Optical(Realtek Digital output)>Vizio S4251w-B4 5.1
post #4 of 6 Old 12-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I am not sure what your question is. Most torrent files are in SBS and can be played on almost any media player ( I use XBMC with no problems). 3D Blu-Ray ISO files are another mater and last I knew their is no media players other than the commercial ones as in PowerDVD that will play them.
wekya likes this.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
post #5 of 6 Old 02-04-2014, 10:11 AM

Yes I was talking about BR .iso's. I had to download and bite the bullet on PowerDVD, but have tried SBS/OU 3D torrents and they look just fine.

Acer Revo RL100 HTPC Win7 64;1.3Hz Athlon II Neo K325 Dual Core;4GB 1,066MHz DDR3;512MB (shared) Nvidia GeForce GT9400 (Ion)>Panasonic P50ST60.
Audio: Revo USB>HRT Music Streamer II>Linn Classik K>Linn 5125>Aktiv Katans(K400 and black RCA), OR Optical(Realtek Digital output)>Vizio S4251w-B4 5.1
post #6 of 6 Old 02-09-2014, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

So, I play a SBS 3d MKV file using VLC. I tell my projector to go into SBS mode, and it flickers and goes black for a while, then all of a sudden the two sides are integrated, but not 3d. (and a bit shifted to the left, but i don't think any image is off screen). This is with nothing special being done on my video card (unless it's happening automatically and i'm not noticing it).

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks,

Ian
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page