Need advice for 3D setup of Samsung HLT5676SX/XAA - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-02-2013, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey guys I have a Samsung HLT5676SX/XAA DLP and I am rather confused about how to get 3D working on it. I think from what I understand that it uses checkerboard patters, but what I'm not sure about is if there is an adapter I can purchase to use to convert other formats, like SBS (side by side) or TB (top/bottom) to checkerboard so that I can watch those formats as well. Thanks for helping a noob! smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-03-2013, 08:24 AM

Liked: 12
Hi.
I had the same model but 61". I bought a Panasonic Blu Ray player that output checkerboard. I'm not a big fan of converters but there was none available back then anyway.
Mitsubishi made a converter but it would work only on Mits. TV's. There was a converter to make it work on Samsung but I don't know what it was called.
I would recommend DLP link glasses rather than IR. If your TV is like mine there is no way to turn off the DLP link red flash which is not blocked by IR emitter glasses.

td
post #3 of 4 Old 10-03-2013, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
You can get a Mitts 3DC-100S, good luck finding one. That will convert just about every format to checkerboard. There is also the 3DA-1 which only works with Mitsubishi TV's - again a rare device. Some of the older models have a simple reset button pushing feature which unlocks them to work on Samsung TVs. I believe you want a model earlier than Jan 2011. The later models you need to do a more complicated process to unlock it to work on your set.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
A semi-old computer should be able to output checkerboard, you only need a program like Stereoscopic Player, or any of the big commencial players (I've tried it with PowerDVD, TotalMediaTheater). The checkerboard format is also labeled "3D DLP TV".
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page