3D looks too spread? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-22-2013, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

So I just got my hd131xe setup working for hd, I have power dvd and I either set power dvd to 2 images side by side then set my projector to sbs or I set the power dvd to sbs and leave my projector to auto. When I put on my glasses it looks like two dice dark images with great quality but something is wrong because the images are too far apart. Is this normal? I have to strain to try and put the images together the entire movie, and most of the time it just looks like two images side by side., does this happen when your sitting to close? I am about 7' or so from my screen with the projector right above my head. Or is there a way to calibrate the 3d images so that they are closer together? I havent been able to figure anything out and the 3d so far has been a bummer, any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
What do you see before putting or turning the glasses on? It should be blurry, double-vision-like image (the left and right view overlapping). From the description, I get the feeling you actually get the views litterally side-by-side on the screen, straining your eyes and brain to merge them into one stereoscopic view.

The combination of side-by-side in PDVD with side-by-side on the projector should result in the correct projection of the merged 3D picture, not sure why it does not work - I've never used side-by-side.

From your other thread - you have an AMD HD 7000 card that can output HDMI 3D (Full HD 3D). In PowerDVD, in the 3D menu set the Display Type to either Auto, or HDMI1.4, or AMD HD3D (don't know, have not used PDVD for a while). Set the projector to Auto. That should do it, and give you the best 3D picture, in full resolution 1080, not halved res as in side-by-side. And don't expect any indications in the projector menu that it's getting a 3D signal.

Cyberlink has an app that checks your computer for 3D capability ("3D advisor" or something), you can try that, but my impression was it was not very helpful.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Take a ruler and on the screen, measure the amount of separation between objects that are far off in the distance. It shouldn't be greater than about 6cm. If it is, look for a setting on the projector to adjust the 3D in any way.

Also, try turning the glasses upside down and see if it looks normal.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page