VIP 3D theatre plus with 3d now and emitter glasses issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 12-12-2013, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

I just got my VIP 3D theatre plus and bought the rf glasses and emitter from cosiginia ca. My issue is I tried to test everything together and although I the theatre plus does play the 3D content on my lcd tv via ps3 I can not get the glasses/emitter to make the glasses flicker at the same rate that the tv is displaying. Basically all I see is the flickering and since it's not in synch with the 3d video no 3d image at all. I've checked out the youtube 3dnow set up and have tried all these different preset's and nothing makes it in synch with the tv? I was thinking of returning the 3dnow glasses and emitter and just buying the VIP 3d rf starter kit directly from VIP but the seller assures me they should work fine. I was also planning on using the with my GT720 optoma projector once I get my home theater room set back up next month. Any thought's or advice?

Equipment:
Yamaha RX-V667, Sharp TV, Optoma GT-720 projector, Energy CC-10 center, Energy CF-70 fronts, Energy CB-5 surrounds, Energy CF-30 Rears,
BIC PL-200 sub, PS3, XBOX 360, Darbee Darblet, VIP 3D theater plus, and Buttkicker Advance kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-13-2013, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I have the directions at home, but it sounds like your glasses and the emitter are not paired. I believe the process is to connect the emitter and then tap it to the left. Next hold the stick to the left and wait for the lights to get to three blue lights, then let go. The emitter will start to blink all of the lights. Hold in the button on the glasses for like 20 seconds until they go into a steady blinking pattern and let go. The glasses and emitter will then pair with each other. If you have more than one set of glasses make sure to pair them both at the same time.
The exact directions can be found in the bc5100 users guide.

post #3 of 7 Old 12-14-2013, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Are you getting three solid green LEDs on the Theatre and five solid blue LEDs on the emitter? If not, the Theatre and emitter aren't locking onto the signal from the PS3. This is the first thing you want to check. Also make sure that the 3.5 mm plug for the sync cable is fully seated into the jack on the emitter. My first one was pretty snug, and led to some frustration until I figured it out.

The 3D Now and VIP products are the same but for the logo. You won't gain anything by exchanging them unless something is defective.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #4 of 7 Old 01-31-2014, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Did you ever solve this problem?
post #5 of 7 Old 01-31-2014, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Not quite, I played with the glasses one more time but have been too busy with other projects. I do plan on figuring it out soon and I appreciate everyone's input. I did contact the seller and he assured me they were the correct order.

Equipment:
Yamaha RX-V667, Sharp TV, Optoma GT-720 projector, Energy CC-10 center, Energy CF-70 fronts, Energy CB-5 surrounds, Energy CF-30 Rears,
BIC PL-200 sub, PS3, XBOX 360, Darbee Darblet, VIP 3D theater plus, and Buttkicker Advance kit.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-31-2014, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for the update.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-24-2014, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to update this real quick I finally have everything hooked up and it works well for the most part. Pairing the glasses just take a lot longer than I expected and seems to work only when I hold the button until they blink 7 times then let it go.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page