Problem in playing 3D Movies. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-16-2013, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

I really need your help to setup my device.

i have

3D bluray player - Sony BDP S470 (upgrade to latest firmware)
3D projector - Benq W1080ST
AV receiver - Sony DDW 5000

When i connect all these device, i m still NOT able to watch 3D movies. The display is still either side by side or top/down. The 3D menu in projector is greyed out which means 3D signals are not being received.

output of bluray is connected to AV receiver and AV output is connected to projector.

One thing which i m not sure is about the HDMI cable. I am using my existing HDMI cable so not very sure if this is High Speed or not.

I wanted to understand can this be just because of HDMI cable or am i missing some setting at very basic level?
Though i already ordered High Speed HDMI cable but not yet received. I want to be sure that everything else is ok and i just need to change the HDMI cable and i will be able to see 3D movies.

Please suggest if i need to check anything further on settings.

I am trying to play 3D movies downloaded from internet. It had extension as mk3d but i changed it to mkv as bluray player was not displaying that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2013, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Most probably the videos you donwloaded are side-by-side or top-over-bottom, so the player is playing them and the projector is detecting and showing them as 2D. The projector should have a manual setting to convert and show the SbS or ToB as 3D.

I am guessing the frame-packed FullHD 3D videos would be in ISO format.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:36 AM - Thread Starter

The frame-packed 3d format is getting played without any issue.
When i contacted benq customer care, they said particular this model (W1080ST) is having problem with 3d content when it is from hard disk. Because of this, signal from bluray through HDMI is not identified as 3d and hence the 3D option in projector is disable.

They indicated that there might be firmware upgrade required for this capability.

In other forums, i got to know that there was firmware upgrade for W1070 (i.e. 1.06) which has capability to play SBS/OU 3D format. May be either this upgrade is also applicable for W1080ST model.

Trying to check with BenQ customer care so that they can confirm if there is firmware upgrade for this model.

Will keep this forum posted.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsahay View Post

The frame-packed 3d format is getting played without any issue.
When i contacted benq customer care, they said particular this model (W1080ST) is having problem with 3d content when it is from hard disk. Because of this, signal from bluray through HDMI is not identified as 3d and hence the 3D option in projector is disable.

They indicated that there might be firmware upgrade required for this capability.

In other forums, i got to know that there was firmware upgrade for W1070 (i.e. 1.06) which has capability to play SBS/OU 3D format. May be either this upgrade is also applicable for W1080ST model.

Trying to check with BenQ customer care so that they can confirm if there is firmware upgrade for this model.

Will keep this forum posted.

Hi All,

Got to know from other forums that latest firmware version for W1080ST is 1.04 but i am yet to get any link till now. I will share the link when came across the URL.
Moreover, it was suggested by one of member that output format of bluray player should be changed to 1080i to play SBS 3d content. I tested it and it does work.
Thanks a lot for all your support to make this playing smile.gif