Samsung/Panasonic Active 3D questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-24-2013, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I just recently purchased an open box 50ST60 panasonic from best buy and it didnt come with any of the 3d glasses. I read that the 20 dollar samsung active 3D glasses could potentially work so I snagged a pair instead of the 80 dollar panasonic ones. When I got them home I played some 3D content, and the glasses cross-docked the image and paired with the tv, however non of the content was 3D. Basically the image I would see through the glasses wasn't a dual image (i.e the glasses had darkened and were working) but the content itself wasn't extruding or even giving me depth into the TV. If anyone has heard of this please help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-25-2013, 12:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by macollamore View Post

I just recently purchased an open box 50ST60 panasonic from best buy and it didnt come with any of the 3d glasses. I read that the 20 dollar samsung active 3D glasses could potentially work so I snagged a pair instead of the 80 dollar panasonic ones. When I got them home I played some 3D content, and the glasses cross-docked the image and paired with the tv, however non of the content was 3D. Basically the image I would see through the glasses wasn't a dual image (i.e the glasses had darkened and were working) but the content itself wasn't extruding or even giving me depth into the TV. If anyone has heard of this please help!

All of your gear (TV, Blu-ray player and audio receiver) have to be 3D capable, and you need to be connected via HDMI, or you won't see 3D. Often, it's because an older AVR isn't passing the 3D signal. You can bypass the receiver and plug a 3D capable Blu-ray player directly into the TV's HDMI input, then plug the player's digital audio output into the receiver. You won't get the HD audio that way (just lossy Dolby Digital), but it should work. If everything is compatible, try turning it all off then back on again. And sometimes the order you turn it can be important, so experiment.

Joe Clark

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page