updating my home theater.....3D question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-15-2014, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Ok, last week I ordered my new Panasonic AE8000 projector, Pioneer Elite SC75 and Pioneer Elite BDP62 Blu Ray player. The HDMI cable I have going from my current receiver to my Epson 8350 projector is several (approx. 8) years old and is obviously a first generation cable. I do not know the brand name. And its (if I remember correctly) 30 feet long.

My question is, will it support 3D or will I need to replace it? The only reason I hope it would work is because the area of my attic it runs through is impossible for me to get to on my own and I would need to hire someone to come run that one cable.

Everything should be here and installed by the middle of next week and I just want to know if I should go ahead and pick up a cable and be done with it.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I have a 50' cable that is about 10 years old and it works fine for my 1080p 3D projector. Your best bet is to try it, it will ether work or not work with digital there is no real in between.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
post #3 of 4 Old 03-02-2014, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Congrats on your purchase of the AE8000. That should be a great 3D projector for you. I second what rekbones said - trying it is the only real way to determine if HDMI will work, and there's a good chance it will. In case it fails, one option to consider over having another line pulled (which could prove unsuccessful as well) is a wireless HDMI link. These used to set you back quite a bit but some lower cost ones are now available. Only one I'm aware of will go through walls but most will work with a line of sight application. Just thought I'd throw that out in case your old line doesn't work out.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-08-2014, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
3D is less bandwidth than 1080p60. It will be fine.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page