Blu Ray 3D Movie in Frame Packing Mode is FLAT No 3D POP Out Effect - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 06-07-2014, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
d19racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11

My setup

 

SONY DNA1040 AV receiver (updated firmware) is connected to my PJ - Ben Q W1070 via high end HDMI cable.

PS3 (Updated firmware) - only used for Blue-ray 3d movies and is connected to my receiver via high end HDMI cable.

BIC America PL 89 Series Sound System is connected to my receiver via highend cables.

Cable Comcast cord is connect to my receiver.

True Depth Firestorm XL Light 3D Active Glasses - work great.

 

 

Some of My 3D Blu-ray movie collection played via my PS3:

 

Tangled

Pacific RIM

AVATAR

Prometheus

 

 

When i tried to compare Prometheus/Pacific RIM as both were available on 3D via Comcast cable (HBO 3D ON DEMAND) 

 

PJ auto-selected & played them in the following format - Side By Side 1028i / 60 HZ. Same movies had great 3d pop out effect

literally many scenes popping out of the screen.  

 

But this does not happen (NO 3D Pop out Effect) for same movies when played via PS3 in the following format - 1028 / 24 HZ Format. Just 3D Depth is available.

 
Hope this helps.

 

 

I actually did try to view 3d clips, movies from even you tube via my PS3 and it works great as in everything Pop Out in your face Youtube mvies/clips come in Side By Side Format.

 

Tried the my copy of the 3d (Blu Ray Frame Packing format) Tangled movie on my friends EPSON 3010E 3D Projector last night and lanterns scene actually Popped Out into the room, 3D Pop Out effect was amazing, Same scene has no pop outs on my projector w1070 when i play the same Blu Ray Movie. 

 

Like I said before the SBS Format movies & clips from Comcast, or You tube work excellent and the 3D Pop Out is in your face.

 

However the any of my 3d Blu Ray Movies are detected and played by my PJ in 3D Frame Packing format however they are FLAT.

No Pop Out Effect.

 

Yes I did upgrade my firmware version to 1.8 . Guess this also didn't fix the issue for frame packing format.

 

Now I'm beginning to wonder if my PJ W1070 may have a defect for frame packing mode or may be my True Depth Firestorm XL Active Glasses don't support Frame Packing Mode @1080P/24 HZ,

However PJ & True Depth XL Firestorm glasses play the same movies and clips from comcast or youtube in Side By Side Format (@ 1080i/60HZ) and there is great 3D Pop Out Effect which is in your face.

 

I am thinking of ordering either Ben Q 3D Glasses from amazon or Saisonic 3d glasses and again test my blu ray frame packing format movies just make sure it may not be my 3D (True Depth firestorm xl) glass issue.... as in May Be True Depth Firestorm XL dont support 3D Frame Packing format or 3D Blu RayMovies with similar format. Since all Blu Ray 3D Movies come only in Frame Packing Format.......

 

 

Guys Any Advice would be greatly appreciated..... Thanks.

d19racing is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 Old 06-07-2014, 11:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 1,991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 61
It's nothing to do with the glasses at all. They are file-type agnostic, meaning that the file type being played doesn't matter. They work only with what the source/display combination is putting up on the screen, which is frame-sequential only. It's how either the display or the source is handling the file type being played. BTW, Avatar wasn't produced with "in your face" 3D. According to James Cameron, the 3D is there with the idea of putting you into the scene with the actors. And I have to say, that Prometheus and Pacific Rim are similar. You don't get much "pop out" unless something is flying directly at you.

The difference is probably due to how your projector handles the SBS material. Because in SBS, each frame is split and scaled down horizontally, the actual horizontal resolution is half of what a frame-packed signal's would be. To make up for this, the manufacturer of the PJ could have massaged its settings to give the image more depth and increase its punch.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is offline  
post #3 of 25 Old 06-09-2014, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
d19racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11

But there we still amazing 3d POP OUT Effects in Pacific Rim and Prometheus and Tangled, when played the same movie on a

epson 3010 e pj in blu ray frame packing mode

 

and the same blu ray 3d movie when played on Benq w1070 was FLAT.

 

So something's not right for sure.

 

Be it either

Benq W1070 PJ in Frame Packing Mode

 

or

 

True Depth Firestorm XL Light Active 3D GLasses cant seem to handle Frame Packing format

 

or

 

maybe the Sony DN1040 Receiver

 

or

 

the PS3

 

 

But the irony is all these movies with same components works great with great 3d POP OUT EFFECT in Side By Side Format.

 

On 3D Blu Ray Frame Packing Format it just does not POP OUT LIKE THE EPSON 3010 E PJ? 

 

Thats Bummer.......

d19racing is offline  
post #4 of 25 Old 06-09-2014, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 1,991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by d19racing View Post

But there we still amazing 3d POP OUT Effects in Pacific Rim and Prometheus and Tangled, when played the same movie on a
epson 3010 e pj in blu ray frame packing mode

and the same blu ray 3d movie when played on Benq w1070 was FLAT.

So something's not right for sure.

Be it either
Benq W1070 PJ in Frame Packing Mode

or

True Depth Firestorm XL Light Active 3D GLasses cant seem to handle Frame Packing format

or

maybe the Sony DN1040 Receiver

or

the PS3


But the irony is all these movies with same components works great with great 3d POP OUT EFFECT in Side By Side Format.

On 3D Blu Ray Frame Packing Format it just does not POP OUT LIKE THE EPSON 3010 E PJ? 

Thats Bummer.......

One more time...it isn't your glasses. Whatever 3D format is being sent to the projector, it ONLY shows the frame-sequential picture that the glasses need to work. The issues you are having are due to either the PS3 or how the projector processes frame-packed vs. side-by-side. The receiver also likely isn't the issue--it is HDMI 1.4 compliant so it passes all current 3D signals.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is offline  
post #5 of 25 Old 06-09-2014, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
d19racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11

Thanks for your input Royce; 

 

Do you reckon I should try another Blu Ray Player and test to see if Frame Packing issue may be resolved ?

 

Any other inputs ? Thanks IN ADVANCE....

d19racing is offline  
post #6 of 25 Old 06-09-2014, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 1,991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by d19racing View Post

Thanks for your input Royce; 

Do you reckon I should try another Blu Ray Player and test to see if Frame Packing issue may be resolved ?

Any other inputs ? Thanks IN ADVANCE....

If you can borrow a 3D Blu-Ray player, it probably wouldn't hurt to try it. If you get the same result as with the PS3, it's probably due to how the projector is handling that type of input signal.

Or, just maybe, it's that what you consider "flat" is just normal 3D, and you prefer the exaggerated 3D look. Many people do, so you aren't alone in that.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is offline  
post #7 of 25 Old 06-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
rekbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Somers, CT
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 47
The 1070 when run at 24HZ goes into triple flash 144hz mode where SBS the glasses run at 96hz or 120hz. Your glasses most likely are not rated for 144hz. That's why they work fine with SBS and not Blu Ray.
Rolls-Royce likes this.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
rekbones is offline  
post #8 of 25 Old 06-09-2014, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 1,991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekbones View Post

The 1070 when run at 24HZ goes into triple flash 144hz mode where SBS the glasses run at 96hz or 120hz. Your glasses most likely are not rated for 144hz. That's why they work fine with SBS and not Blu Ray.

Thanks for jumping in! I don't own a PJ, so I'm not up to speed on DLP modes. Looks like it may be his glasses, after all. Color me embarrassed! redface.gif

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is offline  
post #9 of 25 Old 06-09-2014, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
d19racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey Guys,
I just bought the Sony BDP 5200 tonight and hooked it my my Receiver DNA1040 and Frame Packing Mode worked great.

Finally 3D Popped Out just like SBS Format.

So it wasn't the glasses after all. It was the PS3 ability to handle Frame Packing Format that has been issue all this time.....

Finally it works great as expected greats depth and great 3d Pop Out Effect...

Thank you Guys...........
Rolls-Royce likes this.
d19racing is offline  
post #10 of 25 Old 06-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Member
 
mystigiandoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Interesting, I use ps3 also but have never tested with anything else, now you got me thinking.
mystigiandoll is offline  
post #11 of 25 Old 06-09-2014, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 1,991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by d19racing View Post

Hey Guys,
I just bought the Sony BDP 5200 tonight and hooked it my my Receiver DNA1040 and Frame Packing Mode worked great.

Finally 3D Popped Out just like SBS Format.

So it wasn't the glasses after all. It was the PS3 ability to handle Frame Packing Format that has been issue all this time.....

Finally it works great as expected greats depth and great 3d Pop Out Effect...

Thank you Guys...........

Super! Glad you got it worked out.smile.gif

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is offline  
post #12 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 05:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
rekbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Somers, CT
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 47
This odd you made it sound like you had almost no 3D when watching BR on PS3. I will agree that the PS3 (mine is a fat 60gb original) is not as aggressive as my Panasonic BR player but they are close. I have heard that when setting up the PS3 video for 3D if you set the screen size for a smaller picture than what you have the 3D is more aggressive. Personally I don't use the PS3 for BR because it can't do Dolby HD audio, although it can do DTS HD and the DRM is more aggressive than my older Panasonic BR player.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
rekbones is offline  
post #13 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
d19racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Nope what I meant is PS3 does play Blu Ray 3D Movies with Depth only in Frame Packing Format with No 3D Pop Out Effect (FLAT).

However it does have great Pop Out Effect when playing downloaded movies or YouTube clips in SBS format only..

But Sony BDP 5200 plays the same 3d Blu Ray Movie in Frame Packing Format
With both 3D Depth and 3D Pop Out.

Yes in my scenario I could literally see the difference between the players just for Frame Packing Format Only and also only with reference with 3D Pop Out Effect Only the mentioned Format.





However
d19racing is offline  
post #14 of 25 Old 06-13-2014, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cakefoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,811
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Adjust your the depth/viewpoint setting on your TV menu. This setting shifts the position of the image so that it's either set back inside the TV or coming out. This setting might be at a different value on each input.

My Videos

A movie with good 3D does not necessarily equal a good 3D movie!

cakefoo is offline  
post #15 of 25 Old 06-13-2014, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cakefoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,811
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekbones View Post
This odd you made it sound like you had almost no 3D when watching BR on PS3. I will agree that the PS3 (mine is a fat 60gb original) is not as aggressive as my Panasonic BR player but they are close. I have heard that when setting up the PS3 video for 3D if you set the screen size for a smaller picture than what you have the 3D is more aggressive. Personally I don't use the PS3 for BR because it can't do Dolby HD audio, although it can do DTS HD and the DRM is more aggressive than my older Panasonic BR player.
No, the screen size trick is only applicable to certain games, not movies. It only controls how far apart the virtual gameplay cameras are. It does not change anything in movies. You need to go into your TV menu or STB Blu-ray player menu and adjust the 3D perspective to customize the stereo window in a movie. It won't make the 3D stronger, but it can bring the scene closer to your face or further back.

My Videos

A movie with good 3D does not necessarily equal a good 3D movie!

cakefoo is offline  
post #16 of 25 Old 06-28-2014, 02:14 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[QUOTE=d19racing;24813273]Nope what I meant is PS3 does play Blu Ray 3D Movies with Depth only in Frame Packing Format with No 3D Pop Out Effect (FLAT).

However it does have great Pop Out Effect when playing downloaded movies or YouTube clips in SBS format only..

But Sony BDP 5200 plays the same 3d Blu Ray Movie in Frame Packing Format
With both 3D Depth and 3D Pop Out.

Yes in my scenario I could literally see the difference between the players just for Frame Packing Format Only and also only with reference with 3D Pop Out Effect Only the mentioned Format.[QUOTE]


Sorry for jumping in!
I had exact same problem with the newer model of BenQ PJ (W1080ST) when play 3D blu rays only. I have 2 questions as you 've been through same situation and solved the problem by buying a dedicated 3D player:
1- Did you tried play same movie(eg. avatar) on your new 3D blu ray player & downloaded version on PS3 ... is there any difference in the pop out effects b/w both version ?
(((because in my situation, I don't wanna add a new device to my theater(3d player) if the end-results are same in downloaded version on PS3 and hard version on the player)))
2- Did you figure out or find any solution for ps3 and why it can't play the hard copy of the movie (FLAT 3D) ?
Thanx in advance
nu3maan is offline  
post #17 of 25 Old 06-28-2014, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
d19racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
[quote=nu3maan;25328834][QUOTE=d19racing;24813273]Nope what I meant is PS3 does play Blu Ray 3D Movies with Depth only in Frame Packing Format with No 3D Pop Out Effect (FLAT).

However it does have great Pop Out Effect when playing downloaded movies or YouTube clips in SBS format only..

But Sony BDP 5200 plays the same 3d Blu Ray Movie in Frame Packing Format
With both 3D Depth and 3D Pop Out.

Yes in my scenario I could literally see the difference between the players just for Frame Packing Format Only and also only with reference with 3D Pop Out Effect Only the mentioned Format.
Quote:


Sorry for jumping in!
I had exact same problem with the newer model of BenQ PJ (W1080ST) when play 3D blu rays only. I have 2 questions as you 've been through same situation and solved the problem by buying a dedicated 3D player:
1- Did you tried play same movie(eg. avatar) on your new 3D blu ray player & downloaded version on PS3 ... is there any difference in the pop out effects b/w both version ?
(((because in my situation, I don't wanna add a new device to my theater(3d player) if the end-results are same in downloaded version on PS3 and hard version on the player)))
2- Did you figure out or find any solution for ps3 and why it can't play the hard copy of the movie (FLAT 3D) ?
Thanx in advance
1stly, there is a difference between the downloaded version and the original Blu-ray Disc version. The original disc comes in FramePacking format only; however a downloaded version can come in multiple formats but the most popular format used by all is the SBS format for Downloaded version of movies.
As when the original 3d blu ray disc when played via the PS3 is auto recognized and played by the W1070 or (1080 as I did have a 1080 as well in the past) in FramePacking Format Only. So when PJ plays in this format the movie is FLAT with no 3D Pop Out. Maybe the PS3 is not compatible when reading disc in Frame Packing format.

However the If you can find a downloaded version of the same movie in Side By Side format and play it via the PS3, then you will be able to watch the great 3D Pop Out effects (that jump out of the screen) as the PS3 has no Problem playing any movies or YouTube clips in SBS format. But do keep in mind that you must set the PJ to SBS mode, as it will not self detect one as it's a downloaded version..

I have not found a solution as to why the PS3 is not compatible; only when original 3D Blu Ray Discs in Frame Packing Mode despite trying all possible avenues available. Maybe it's the PS3 's limitation.. To handle FramePacking Mode only.

Hence I just gave the Stand alone 3d Blu Ray Player a shot and it worked like a GEM.

Thanks.
d19racing is offline  
post #18 of 25 Old 06-28-2014, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
d19racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
[quote=d19racing;25329962][quote=nu3maan;25328834]
Quote:
Originally Posted by d19racing View Post
Nope what I meant is PS3 does play Blu Ray 3D Movies with Depth only in Frame Packing Format with No 3D Pop Out Effect (FLAT).

However it does have great Pop Out Effect when playing downloaded movies or YouTube clips in SBS format only..

But Sony BDP 5200 plays the same 3d Blu Ray Movie in Frame Packing Format
With both 3D Depth and 3D Pop Out.

Yes in my scenario I could literally see the difference between the players just for Frame Packing Format Only and also only with reference with 3D Pop Out Effect Only the mentioned Format.

1stly, there is a difference between the downloaded version and the original Blu-ray Disc version. The original disc comes in FramePacking format only; however a downloaded version can come in multiple formats but the most popular format used by all is the SBS format for Downloaded version of movies.
As when the original 3d blu ray disc when played via the PS3 is auto recognized and played by the W1070 or (1080 as I did have a 1080 as well in the past) in FramePacking Format Only. So when PJ plays in this format the movie is FLAT with no 3D Pop Out. Maybe the PS3 is not compatible when reading disc in Frame Packing format.

However the If you can find a downloaded version of the same movie in Side By Side format and play it via the PS3, then you will be able to watch the great 3D Pop Out effects (that jump out of the screen) as the PS3 has no Problem playing any movies or YouTube clips in SBS format. But do keep in mind that you must set the PJ to SBS mode, as it will not self detect one as it's a downloaded version..

I have not found a solution as to why the PS3 is not compatible; only when original 3D Blu Ray Discs in Frame Packing Mode despite trying all possible avenues available. Maybe it's the PS3 's limitation.. To handle FramePacking Mode only.

Hence I just gave the Stand alone 3d Blu Ray Player a shot and it worked like a GEM.

Thanks.
Bottom Line is in my case PS3 couldn't handle any 3D Blu Ray discs which came in Frame Packing Mode.

However it can handle and is compatible in playing Any movies like from your comcast cable provider or from YouTube or downloaded ones as long as they are in Side By Side format Only. Hope this Helps. Thanks.
d19racing is offline  
post #19 of 25 Old 06-28-2014, 05:14 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[quote=d19racing;25330050][quote=d19racing;25329962]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nu3maan View Post

Bottom Line is in my case PS3 couldn't handle any 3D Blu Ray discs which came in Frame Packing Mode.

However it can handle and is compatible in playing Any movies like from your comcast cable provider or from YouTube or downloaded ones as long as they are in Side By Side format Only. Hope this Helps. Thanks.
OMG !!!!!!! finally its working : 3D blu ray movie (frame packing format) in PS3 with W1080ST PJ

Guess what? I just found the reason of why we were not able to see any pop-out effects of those blu rays from PS3!

I spent the whole last week searching the internet from forum to forum and contacting sony/benq services to at least just get a confirmation from anyone that its only a compatibility issue, but nothing wrong with my devices, until I found this thread yesterday (as you experienced exact same problem with same devices). After I read your tech. explanation of the possible reason behind the limitation of ps3 with frame packing format, which in fact make all sense, I decided to stop searching and do what you did exactly; get a stand alone 3D blu ray player.
Don't remember in which forum I was reading while I was writing my earlier post to you, I read something very interesting: this guy was talking about a different problem with his ps3 and in between the words he just threw the answer of our problem without meaning it. Later when I tried it on my ps3, to be honest, some tears came out of my eyes when I saw my precious ps3 playing back a 3D blu ray movie (format packed) with full 1080p resolution and pop-out effects !!!!!

So, now I can say this to you, if you can return your 3d player back from wherever you got it, go and do it and get your money back ... sony ps3 will never let you down. LOL

its so silly stupid solution, I would never think about it if I didn't read that's guy post in another forum. ARE YOU READY TO KNOW IT !!

nu3maan is offline  
post #20 of 25 Old 06-28-2014, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
d19racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
[quote=nu3maan;25344330][quote=d19racing;25330050]
Quote:
Originally Posted by d19racing View Post
OMG !!!!!!! finally its working : 3D blu ray movie (frame packing format) in PS3 with W1080ST PJ

Guess what? I just found the reason of why we were not able to see any pop-out effects of those blu rays from PS3!

I spent the whole last week searching the internet from forum to forum and contacting sony/benq services to at least just get a confirmation from anyone that its only a compatibility issue, but nothing wrong with my devices, until I found this thread yesterday (as you experienced exact same problem with same devices). After I read your tech. explanation of the possible reason behind the limitation of ps3 with frame packing format, which in fact make all sense, I decided to stop searching and do what you did exactly; get a stand alone 3D blu ray player.
Don't remember in which forum I was reading while I was writing my earlier post to you, I read something very interesting: this guy was talking about a different problem with his ps3 and in between the words he just threw the answer of our problem without meaning it. Later when I tried it on my ps3, to be honest, some tears came out of my eyes when I saw my precious ps3 playing back a 3D blu ray movie (format packed) with full 1080p resolution and pop-out effects !!!!!

So, now I can say this to you, if you can return your 3d player back from wherever you got it, go and do it and get your money back ... sony ps3 will never let you down. LOL

its so silly stupid solution, I would never think about it if I didn't read that's guy post in another forum. ARE YOU READY TO KNOW IT !!

So tell me what is solution to watch to original 3d Blu Ray discs on ps3 with pop out effect...,, thanks... In advance
d19racing is offline  
post #21 of 25 Old 06-28-2014, 07:35 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[quote=d19racing;25346562][quote=nu3maan;25344330]
Quote:
Originally Posted by d19racing View Post

So tell me what is solution to watch to original 3d Blu Ray discs on ps3 with pop out effect...,, thanks... In advance
On the PS3, go to video setting and turn off both CLOSED CAPTION options .. and thats it.
The problem was this CC only !!!
nu3maan is offline  
post #22 of 25 Old 06-28-2014, 07:37 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[quote=nu3maan;25347346][quote=d19racing;25346562]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nu3maan View Post
On the PS3, go to video setting and turn off both CLOSED CAPTION options .. and thats it.
The problem was this CC only !!!
let me know if it works in your side
nu3maan is offline  
post #23 of 25 Old 06-29-2014, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
d19racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
[quote=nu3maan;25347402][quote=nu3maan;25347346]
Quote:
Originally Posted by d19racing View Post
let me know if it works in your side
U are a Genius. It worked like GEM.

I tested different Blu Ray 3d discs and Frame Packing mode worked great with good 3d pop out effect...

So I did end up returning my Sony BDP S5200 3d Blu Ray player back.

Thanks again. You Rock...
d19racing is offline  
post #24 of 25 Old 06-29-2014, 09:24 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Although I deserve half of the 3D player's price, but will let it go this time, coz its first talk between us ! (Just kidding)

Glad that we did end up be able to shine with our ps3 ... That why I love SONY!
nu3maan is offline  
post #25 of 25 Old 06-29-2014, 09:49 PM
Newbie
 
richpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just for your info the closed caption option in settings does not appear on PS3 sold outside of North America.
richpal is offline  
Reply 3D Tech Talk
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off