My prescription glasses are killing my 3D view! Any suggestions much appreciated! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-20-2014, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My prescription glasses are killing my 3D view! Any suggestions much appreciated!

Hello. The first time I went to see a modern 3D movie at the cinema I wore my prescription glasses (I have myopia) and over them the 3D glasses. The movie was displayed and I couldn't see any 3D effect, it was just a regular 2D movie for me. Last week I "watched" the Avengers on 3D with my projector and as I can't see from far, I sat close to the screen just for testing, without my prescription glasses, and the gorgeous 3D image was there! Impressive 3D show off movie. So then I sat at my usual spot, wear my prescription glasses under the 3D glasses and the effect was gone. I just can't see the movie that close not to wear prescription glasses because even though I would see the 3D images I would get instantly a terrible headache.

Is there a solution? Could it be that we, prescription glasses users, as of today, just can't enjoy watching a 3D movie?

Thank you!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-21-2014, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anyone? Am I asking this in the wrong forum?
post #3 of 4 Old 06-21-2014, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Get some of these clip on for the theater.
http://www.amazon.com/Wonderfulsight...zed+3d+clip+on
They can be found cheap also.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-23-2014, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by obonillaf View Post
Could it be that we, prescription glasses users, as of today, just can't enjoy watching a 3D movie?
Hi obinillaf,
no, that is not the case. As a general rule, people wearing prescription glasses can enjoy stereoscopic 3D at a public cinema or at home. What you have experienced with your own eyesight is not typical.

In my own case, I have myopia and can see stereoscopic 3D close up with a TV screen or home projector without my spectacles on, or at a distance in the home or at a public cinema, wearing my spectacles, and in all cases the stereoscopic 3D effect works nicely.

What could be causing the issue? People on this forum (including me!) could speculate but I suggest the best approach would be to consult an optometrist to test your eyesight and give you advice about your stereo vision. [There may be a difference between your left and right eyesight that doesn't matter with very close viewing, but causes an issue at longer distances in trying to fuse the left and right images. I am assuming your glasses don't have a polarising film. If they do, that could cause difficulty. Also if you have graduated lenses and a very different prescription for each eye, that could make fusion of left and right more difficult.]
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page