Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-01-2014, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
3D hdmi drop question

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding an issue I'm occasionally and somewhat randomly experiencing with my home theater system. I recently did some upgrades and have had the time this summer to actually enjoy them and discovered some problems. Sometimes while watching my tv and streaming from Netflix or Hulu I will get some brief hdmi loss of video signals that are rare but very annoying. I haven't really gotten any during other uses with my tv such as gaming or blu ray. Now when I've tried a couple of my 3D blu ray movies with my projector I started getting more frequent loss of hdmi video. However, when I put in standard blu ray or dvd I can watch a whole movie with no issue there. Any thoughts. My system uses all 1.4 hdmi cables and goes from receiver to VIP 3D theater plus to Darbee Darblet to whatever I have plugged into the darblet's output whether it be my tv or projector hdmi. I was thinking maybe since I have such a long string the 3D information is too much too travel through that setup thus giving me dropouts and was thinking of getting an hdmi splitter that was powered to act as an amplifier and the convenience of not having to physically change the darblet's hdmi output. Thanks for any help.

Equipment:
Yamaha RX-V667, Sharp TV, Optoma GT-720 projector, Energy CC-10 center, Energy CF-70 fronts, Energy CB-5 surrounds, Energy CF-30 Rears,
BIC PL-200 sub, PS3, XBOX 360, Darbee Darblet, VIP 3D theater plus, and Buttkicker Advance kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-04-2014, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Eliminate one thing at a time from the signal chain to see what is causing the problem. Since you have all new cables, I would start with the Darbee, and go from there. Once the problem is narrowed down, re-post so we can come up with a solution.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 07-08-2014, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok.... I have done the testing and I am having trouble recreating what happens so far. Although the only time I did have drops after long times of play were with the 3D on and so far only with the projector. I'll try to do more testing this upcoming week. Thanks for the help though.

Equipment:
Yamaha RX-V667, Sharp TV, Optoma GT-720 projector, Energy CC-10 center, Energy CF-70 fronts, Energy CB-5 surrounds, Energy CF-30 Rears,
BIC PL-200 sub, PS3, XBOX 360, Darbee Darblet, VIP 3D theater plus, and Buttkicker Advance kit.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-18-2014, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Have you tried 3ft (or longer) hdmi cables with your Darbee? It solved my drop problems.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page