Blurred 3d motion - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-30-2014, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Blurred 3d motion

Hi, I'm new to the projector/3D game and I'm having a problem.

When I watch Avatar in 3D, it looks great during slow paced scenes, but things get blurry during the action sequences.

I asked a guy at BenQ and he said it's normal. I don't buy it though, I've read too many great reviews about the projector (Benq w1070), my player (Sony 3D BPDBX510), and the Avatar bluray itself. I'm also using Incredisonic VUE Series VSD410 Active Shutter Rechargeable 3D Glasses, which have had good reviews.

I don't expect Avatar to look exactly the same as it did in an IMAX, but I wouldn't think it'd be that far off.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-30-2014, 03:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 60
It is normal for 24 fps films, the 3D just makes it worse. Although the 1070 as triple flash 144 hz that claims to help it still is a problem for some. That's why a lot of people including me like some form of FI (creates the Soap Opera Effect) only the higher end projectors provide.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
post #3 of 4 Old 07-31-2014, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekbones View Post
It is normal for 24 fps films, the 3D just makes it worse. Although the 1070 as triple flash 144 hz that claims to help it still is a problem for some. That's why a lot of people including me like some form of FI (creates the Soap Opera Effect) only the higher end projectors provide.
Thanks.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-10-2014, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Or perhaps what you're seeing is an artifact of active shutter. The lenses open and close in an alternating pattern, which results in the left and right eyes seeing a slightly different frame, which can look like a liquidy tearing/warping effect that becomes more noticeable the faster something moves.

Some people aren't bothered by it, but I am sensitive to it.

Passive polarized 3DTV doesn't have this problem, but some passive projectors in theaters and at home do. That's because some passive projectors use a single projector that alternates left and right images and polarization filters, resulting in a flicker during fast motion. Higher-end systems use two projectors or at least dual lenses, so they always show the left and right eye in sync.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page