LG CF3D - a decent projector in 2014? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-13-2014, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
LG CF3D - a decent projector in 2014?

I checked the thread on this PJ here on AVS but it's from 2011. Is this PJ ancient history spec wise? Any experiences and/or comparisons more recently?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I haven't heard from this projector since it's introduction.
I think the main problem with this projector was it's price, it's much cheaper to build your own dual projector system than buying LG's all in one unit.
I don't know anyone who owns one.

Passive 3D, forever !
My Full-HD dual-projector passive polarised 3D setup. (really out of date ! I need to update it some day...)

post #3 of 4 Old 08-15-2014, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShark View Post
I haven't heard from this projector since it's introduction.
I think the main problem with this projector was it's price, it's much cheaper to build your own dual projector system than buying LG's all in one unit.
I don't know anyone who owns one.
Thanks. I saw it for $3200 recently.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-10-2014, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I grab that $3200 unit

Gadgety1

I grab that unit at $3200, and am hoping it all works out to take my theater from standard 720P projector to 1080P and passive 3d. I've been collecting glasses at the movies and have a 47" Vizio for my Kid that we watch now and then for a 3d movie. I just need to work out the screen at this point.

I'll post on my impressions but I can't see it being much different than other 1080P projectors except in contrast. Brightness it might exceed many of the projectors that are not the latest and greatest. We'll see very soon when my shipment comes in.

Wish me well with this.

Update; Well so far I'm having issues with my screen. I bought the Elite CineGrey 5D. It isn't working out well. I contacted Elite and they are not helping much, they basically said to return the screen without attempting to help. Well they did suggest flipping it upside down. Now, I knew this wouldn't help, but obliged them with this request. After the struggle of inverting a 150" screen, there was no change in the image. The ghosting is terrible. This screen is advertised to keep Polarization but doesn't. I'm getting a Harkness ordered soon which is in many of the local theatres with 3D.

I do on some clips see spectacular 3d on this large screen with this projector. The ghosting is still there but not as noticeable because of color and detail of the images.

Anyone have recommendation for Screen?

Last edited by harkerad; 10-16-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page