3D signal won't pass through AVR - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
3D signal won't pass through AVR

First time poster on the forums so if I'm in the wrong spot, please point me in the right direction. This issue could logically be posted in numerous areas. I'm having a problem playing a 3D Blu-ray movie which is routed through my AVR and then out to the TV. Here are my components:

Panasonic DMP-BDT220 3D Blu-Ray Player
Pioneer VSX-823-K AVR (4K and 3D pass-through capable)
Samsung UN65HU8550 4K 3D TV

HDMI Cables: Mediabridge High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet (specifically states that they can handle "All 3D Display Formats")

Backstory: Had all connections working fine for non-3D blu-ray playback. Decided to try 3D with the only movie I have, Tron Legacy. Received error stating that either my player or TV is not 3D and this disc can not be played....ya da ya da. Connected Blu-ray player directly to TV with Mediabridge HDMI cable from above. Movie played fine with no problems. Began to think I needed another high speed HDMI cable to run from Blu-ray player to AVR (at the time I only had one from AVR to TV). Ordered second Mediabridge HDMI cable and connected from Blu-ray to AVR with 1st Mediabridge HDMI cable connected from AVR to TV. Back to receiving same error message as before.

Things I've tried: Turned off Deep Color on Blu-Ray player. Turned off HDMI Control on AVR. Adjusted various other settings I've read on this site and others to no avail. Firmware on Blu-ray player is up-to-date. Have never updated firmware on AVR as it is not network connected.

I know a potential solution would be to run HDMI directly to TV from Blu-ray and then do optical audio cable from player or TV to AVR. Outside of that work around, any thoughts on why this is not functioning properly? All suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 12:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
You should try to update the firmware on your receiver and try again. I have the exact same blu-ray
player and never had any issue with commercial 3D disks playing on this and passing the 3D signal
via my Yamaha receiver on to the 3D TVs. Another thing to try would be to play a different 3D disk.
I don't have Tron Legacy so unable to test on mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page