Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 07-12-2016, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Benq HT 3050 3D issue

Hey all.
I'm new to the 3d thing. Just got these glasses a few days ago.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've done quite a bit of searching but still haven't seen much to help. I'm hoping one of you could point me toward some links.

Here's the issue. Mostly 3D looks great, but occasionally, and particularly in very bright scenes the screen will start to go very yellow, then magenta,
then if it stays that way long enough the 3D will stop working altogether until a new shot appears on the screen, at which point the 3D will return to normal.
Is this what's known as crosstalk? If so is it likely a glasses issue or what do you all think? I've only got one pair of glasses at this point but thought about
getting another to see if the originals are defective.

Thank you for your patience!

...is you is, or is you ain't my constituency?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-12-2016, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Sounds like they are losing sync for some reason. Make sure no other active IR device is on in the room to flood out the DLP flash from the screen. The glass might be defective. One trick I have heard that might help is to put a piece of clear tape over the optical sensor on the glasses to reduce the amount of light it receives.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Home Theater, Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 10TB DroboFS NAS
post #3 of 12 Old 07-12-2016, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekbones View Post
Sounds like they are losing sync for some reason. Make sure no other active IR device is on in the room to flood out the DLP flash from the screen. The glass might be defective. One trick I have heard that might help is to put a piece of clear tape over the optical sensor on the glasses to reduce the amount of light it receives.
Ok thanks. Does that mean a brighter scene does affect sync?

post #4 of 12 Old 07-20-2016, 10:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by atye View Post
Ok thanks. Does that mean a brighter scene does affect sync?
Yes, if you are using DLP link glasses with DLP projectors, they rely on the bright frames to synchronize the shutters. So if the scene is very bright, the glasses will have sync issues.
To solve this problem is to use RF glasses with RF transmitter.
post #5 of 12 Old 07-20-2016, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsong View Post
Yes, if you are using DLP link glasses with DLP projectors, they rely on the bright frames to synchronize the shutters. So if the scene is very bright, the glasses will have sync issues.
I have had the same problem,but I have put some clear tape over the sensor on the glasses and wow it seems to work well,it's way better than without the tape,I'm going to try some more tape.With the tape I only had a couple brief times where it started to lose sync but it quickly stopped and was fine.So yeah try the tape trick for sure. Thanks Jim
post #6 of 12 Old 07-20-2016, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsong View Post
I've recently bought the BenQ glasses to see if they would have this issue and they work perfectly. They're not RF are they? Unfortunately they're also twice the price. I have ordered these from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/True-Depth-3D...043072&sr=8-20

so I'll let everyone know if these are better. The seller of the Ultra-Clears said there might be an issue with screen brightness and suggested turning brightness down and that actually did solve the sync problem, but was unacceptably dim. I had to set brightness to about 30% to solve it entirely. I will be returning these and hope the True Depth 3D NEW Firestorm XL glasses work. I need more than one pair but don't want to shell out $60 a pop.

post #7 of 12 Old 07-20-2016, 01:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by atye View Post
I've recently bought the BenQ glasses to see if they would have this issue and they work perfectly. They're not RF are they? Unfortunately they're also twice the price. I have ordered these from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/True-Depth-3D...043072&sr=8-20

so I'll let everyone know if these are better. The seller of the Ultra-Clears said there might be an issue with screen brightness and suggested turning brightness down and that actually did solve the sync problem, but was unacceptably dim. I had to set brightness to about 30% to solve it entirely. I will be returning these and hope the True Depth 3D NEW Firestorm XL glasses work. I need more than one pair but don't want to shell out $60 a pop.
If it says DLP Link, they are not RF glasses.
Yes, turning down brightness will give you better result because the glasses now can tell the difference between the white DLP sync frame and the actual video frames.
I have Epson 3LCD projector so I can only use RF glasses. Luckly, the 3D glasses came with my Samsung TV works just fine. With that being said, the Samsung glasses is pretty dark when the shutter is not active so I lose a lot of brightness. I might need to find something better.
post #8 of 12 Old 11-26-2016, 12:56 PM

I recently bought this PJ and going through the same thing with the True Depth Firestorms! Does not hold sync! GOing to try the tape thing! I must say that True Depth has excellent customer service while trying to resolve my issues but to no avail. They worked great on my older HT 1075 but not the HT 3050.
post #9 of 12 Old 12-09-2016, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I bought this exact PJ back in June however I just received my first set of 3D glasses this week (the ultra-clears, same as OP) and I'm experiencing the same syncing issues I found a scene in CA: Civil War thats very bright (airport scene, which also happens to display in full 1.78 aspect ratio, so VERY bright) so that I could consistently recreate the issue.

I then spent 2 hours playing with every setting possible in the PJ to try and fix the issue. The only way to remedy this is by reducing the brightness by an obscene and unwatchable amount. I even tried layer after layer of clear tape over the sensor to no avail and also tried different layers of the darker packaging that comes with PC components and that didn't work either.

It sounds like OP has experienced success with the BenQ, so I may have to try those next. Has anyone that has experienced this issue found another pair that work without any issues?
post #10 of 12 Old 12-22-2016, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Update: I just received the benq dgd5 version 2.0 glasses a few nights ago and they are working flawlessly. They haven't lost sync once. I'll be returning the ultra clears and replacing them with the benq glasses. Only downside is the benq glasses are $60 a pair vs $25/pair for the UCs.
post #11 of 12 Old 07-27-2017, 06:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I just replaced my Benq W1070+ with an HT3050 (aka. W2000 in my part of the world). With the 1070+ we had occasional sync problems with the glasses we use, which are the "Gonbes G05" - they look EXACTLY like the Ultra-Clear's by the way, but that may just be cosmetical - but with the 3050, sync problems are much worse! Before I never had sync issues with the Spears & Munsil calibration material, but now I do, and the two bright scenes in the beginning of Batman vs Superman will now instantly throw all the glasses out of sync.

I've tried tape over the lens, both the clear kind and the "milky" kind, and I even tried coloring the tape. I also tried a tip I saw elsewhere about using a piece from an anti-static bag, and different experiments with brightness, contrast and gamma settings, but nothing makes a difference!

Sure, I could just go out and buy better glasses, but it annoys me that the ones I have actually worked ok with the old projector, so they should work with this one, too?!

Benq W2000 (HT3050) // 130" DIY screen // Pioneer VSX-AX2AV (7.1) // Infinity Beta 50/C360/ES250, Mission 737R, Dynavoice Thunder T-12 // Samsung BD-J7500 // PS3
post #12 of 12 Old 09-06-2017, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Sorry for opening the topic again, but this really bugs me! We love watching 3D and the experience has been totally ruined for us ever since we got this new projector. Buying four new original Benq glasses aren't really an acceptable solution due to the cost, and we really like the G05's but they just don't work properly with the HT3050. And it's the exact same issue with our G-15 glasses.

As mentioned in the previous post I've tried anything I can think of, like multiple layers of milky tape, strips of black electrical tape to create "peep holes" of various sizes and all kinds of settings on the PJ itself. The thing that for me had the most effect was actually lowering the contrast, not the brightness. But in only worked with some scenes, like the briefing scene at the end of "Life of Pi" (in the hospital). It had no effect whatsoever on the beforementioned two scenes in the beginning of "Batman vs Superman".

Can ANYONE explain why all of a sudden the glasses lose sync way more often than with the old projector? What is different? What is it with the 3050 that many 3D glasses doesn't seem to like?

Benq W2000 (HT3050) // 130" DIY screen // Pioneer VSX-AX2AV (7.1) // Infinity Beta 50/C360/ES250, Mission 737R, Dynavoice Thunder T-12 // Samsung BD-J7500 // PS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page