3d resolution sbs left right test patterns - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 01-20-2017, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
3d resolution sbs left right test patterns

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6kz4747hl...ll_LR.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gk0bdecid...lf_LR.mp4?dl=0

get past the green screen then pause the video and the pause screen so only the test pattern is showing.

look at the four corners of the screen by pointing your face at the four corners, and then while facing a corner look at the other corners to see if the lines are clear or not.

the videos should show up in 16 9 aspect ratio, they are 720p resolution, try both test files if the first one is out of 16 9 aspect ratio the second one might work for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-21-2017, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

post #3 of 10 Old 01-24-2017, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

these test patterns test for video ghosting;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3u8ffqnpj4...ll_LR.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gz86u0jdkm...lf_LR.mp4?dl=0

to use the videos, they are in 16 9 aspect ratio so whichever video works as 16 9 aspect ratio in your video player.
just keep your eyes straight forward and roll your head around and see the pattern with your peripheral vision.

shake your head back and forth, it doesnt work too good if you stop moving your head you need to keep your head bobbing to see the pattern show ghosting. i see it bad on my s7 phone on my gear vr 2016 model.

post #4 of 10 Old 04-03-2017, 05:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I'm linking here a test pattern I made for a different thread (Picture format, not Video).

Dual-Projectors alignment and crosstalk pattern :

The grids and arrows are used to line up the left and right eyes
The colour charts are used to match brightness, contrast and colours
The moire pattern is used to check if some type of scaling is occurring or if the image is displayed pixel perfect.
The crosstalk test is designed for passive 3D systems (only measures the bright on dark background since the reverse crosstalk does not exist with passive systems)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShark
Download : PNG FullSBS (3840x1080)
Download : MPO FullHD (thanks RBTO)

Passive 3D, forever !
My Full-HD dual-projector passive polarised 3D setup. (really out of date ! I need to update it some day...)

post #5 of 10 Old 04-05-2017, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Great test pattern, thanks!
How much crosstalk is acceptable with dual projectors setup? How much is on yours?
I use my passive setup since years, but now it seems i have more crosstalk than earlier.
I use glass linear filters, which looks super. When i cross 2, i barely see the lamp in the room through it.
And all others are black. The same with the glasses. It has very good filters in it.
Now i think my Silverfabric sreen is somehow weaker than before.
Maybe because of some dust? We do 2-3 projection every week at different town..
Should i clear it with wet clothes? Or the material could be old?

Manufacturer don't answer to my questions.
Maybe some expert here..

thx!
post #6 of 10 Old 04-05-2017, 11:55 PM
Advanced Member

Polarisation can have excellent extinction ratios. The projector filters will degrade if exposed to intense heat, but if you use glass reinforced polarizing filters it takes a very powerful (commercial) projector to damage them.
Under most circumstances, the biggest source of crosstalk remains the projection screen material. There are many things that can diminish the non-depolarisation properties of the screen : dust & dirt, oxidation of the metallic element of the screen, wrinkles from manipulation, etc... I do not know about the detailed failure modes of you screen material (or any other screen as I never tried to destroy one).

I have had different screens with different ability to maintain polarisation.
The test pattern I posted above measures a visual "grey %" crosstalk, and not an absolute extinction ratio value. It is affected by the projector's gamma (light intensity is visually logarithmic) and the projector's brightness and black level (no projector on the market produces perfect black).

When I started doing polarised dual-projectors, I went with a high extinction silverscreen (Harkness Spectral 240). Produces somewhere between 10% and 15% crosstalk on the chart with my projectors. Most content works with perfect transparency, scenes with visible crosstalk are rare.

But after a few years, the hotspot and shimmering annoyed me. So I went for a compromise screen : XtremScreen Daylight 1.1 Reference with an excellent 2D image but which produces between 20 and 25% crosstalk on the chart with the same projectors. (and is much darker). Most content works even though crosstalk is present, but every movie/game has at least one high contrast scene where crosstalk is clearly too high and annoys me

I now use a different compromise with an XtremScreen Daylight 2.0 : I still have a very clean 2D image, it has the same absolute crosstalk, but visually goes down on the chart due to the increased gain. (the brightness of the chart goes up but the brightness of the crosstalk is the same). I get approximately the same crosstalk as with my first silverscreen. (somewhere between 10% and 15% on the chart)

Passive 3D, forever !
My Full-HD dual-projector passive polarised 3D setup. (really out of date ! I need to update it some day...)

Last edited by BlackShark; 04-06-2017 at 12:06 AM.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-06-2017, 12:00 AM

thanks,
i will try to clean my screen carefully
yes, i use glass filters with a 3000 lumen projectors, but in eco mode. So only 1500-2000 lumen is used.

Last edited by relaxman; 04-06-2017 at 12:18 AM.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-06-2017, 12:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxman View Post
thanks,
i will try to clean my screen carefully
yes, i use glasses filters with a 3000 lumen projectors, but in eco mode. So only 1500-2000 lumen is used.
These are fragile filters for the amount of light. If you have proper spacing between the filter and the projector to keep the filter cool, you should be able to have them last for a long time.
Just do the cross-extinction test like you have been doing on a regular basis and you'll be fine.

Passive 3D, forever !

post #9 of 10 Old 04-06-2017, 12:17 AM

Yes, it's fine.
In fact since years we used only a laminated filter for 200+ hours without any problem. Spacing was around 10-15 cm.
Now we use glass filteres with the same distance, so i hope it will last 10-20 years
post #10 of 10 Old 04-15-2017, 04:32 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Probably the bigger dust particles were able to diffuse & also depolarize light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page