3d Glasses connecting to Samsung TV but image not in 3d - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-15-2017, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 4
3d Glasses connecting to Samsung TV but image not in 3d

First time posted but have read many threads in this forum which have helped me in the past.

My issue is that after months of not viewing a movie in 3d I try and watch one today and when I turn on the 3d glasses the TV goes blurry (as it should) and says that the glasses are connected but the glasses never go dim and the picture never looks in 3d. I Tried the system diagnostic and it indicates that they are paired but the test picture it shows is remains blurry even when the glasses are on.

I have a UN55HU8550FXZA and a Samsung SEK-3500U/ZA Evolution KIT attached to it. I was using the standard issue 3d glasses (I tried swapping out the old batteries with new ones) and a HT-H6500WM/ZA to play the 3D Blu-ray. I am thinking my next step is to uninstall the Evolution Kit and see if that works. I don't want to do that as it kind of defeats the purpose of the kit...

If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-16-2017, 06:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 161
I think there is a little reset button on your glasses. Try that. Or your 3D is in the wrong format.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-16-2017, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions.
I could not find a reset button the glasses. I will keep searching but the users manual did not reference one and this issue is effecting all 5 of my pairs of glasses.
I am not sure what you mean by the 3d is in the wrong format.
I was trying to watch my 3d Blu-ray of the Hobbit 3 so I don't think the format is the issue.

My glasses are samsung ssg-5150gb. I tried different pairs of glasses and switched the batteries while I was troubleshooting. They would always sync but the active shutters never seemed to turn on (the room never dimmed).

post #4 of 6 Old 06-16-2017, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Ok I figured out what was causing the issue it was as I feared the Samsung SEK-3500U/ZA Evolution KIT. When I disconnected it 3D worked again. Which stinks as I paid extra for that upgrade.

So in short it appears that the Samsung SEK-3500U/ZA Evolution KIT is breaking my TV's ability to play 3d movies when it is connected.

Does anyone else own the evolution kit and encountered a similar problem and more importantly solved it?
post #5 of 6 Old 06-21-2017, 02:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Ahh, it's always something. You try to make things better, and the technology "burps." At least you know now.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-18-2017, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonKo View Post
Ok I figured out what was causing the issue it was as I feared the Samsung SEK-3500U/ZA Evolution KIT. When I disconnected it 3D worked again. Which stinks as I paid extra for that upgrade.

So in short it appears that the Samsung SEK-3500U/ZA Evolution KIT is breaking my TV's ability to play 3d movies when it is connected.

Does anyone else own the evolution kit and encountered a similar problem and more importantly solved it?
I seen this issue with the SEK and 3D and there was a fix. I think it's in the 730's pages.
and I see your issue was resolved, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page