3D on HTPC out of focus BUT on LG oled native player is Perfect! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-12-2017, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
3D on HTPC out of focus BUT on LG oled native player is Perfect!

Hello,

I have LG C6 Oled tv and installed plex(xplay) app on web os. When i run 3D video on LG oled Plex player 3D looks perfect and sharp i was blown away how good it looked. But when i switch to my HTPC 3D looks out of focus. Reason why i wan't to play 3D movies on my HTPC is because DTS-HD and True HD LG does not support over ARC but that is another story. I want to know why 3D movies(non 3D movies work fine)on HTPC via Plex media player look out of focus. I have tried XBMC player and results where the same, i have try different PC where i have Nvidia GTX 1080 and results where still the same 3D is slightly out of focus. I don't know what to do, i'm using expert bright room settings on both inputs with the same settings.

Keep in mind when i watch normal movies on plex web os app and HTPC picture quality is the same no problem, only 3D is problem here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-12-2017, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Can't say, never had out of focus problem. My 3D movies work fine in Plex from server via Mac mini and on 4K LG plex app. They don't look any different. I'd say the problem has to be with your setup or settings in Plex client.

Are you saying the entire image is blurry?

This line intentionally left blank.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-13-2017, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have connected my third PC to TV macbook pro with hdmi 2.2. The same problem, 3D is slightly blurry compared to the perfect native web os LG plex(xplay) app. It is just too obvious how clear and beautiful 3D is on LG oled compared to the 3 PC i have tried so far, and they where all directly connected to the TV via quality HDMI 2.2. Normal 2D movies look great on both, but 3D is the only problem where i see huge difference.

post #4 of 4 Old 09-26-2017, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Looks like a configuration issue between the PC and the TV. (aka : a basic lowest common denominator "automatic" setting)
What output settings do you use from the PC ? How is the hdmi link configured (the display settings in your graphics card driver) ?
What playback software do you use and how is it configured when outputting 3D content.

Does the TV know it's displaying 3D content and applies the image enhancement properly or does it think it's displaying 2D and ruins the picture without knowing it ?

Passive 3D, forever !
My Full-HD dual-projector passive polarised 3D setup. (really out of date ! I need to update it some day...)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page