Forum Jump: 

Old 04-16-2011, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

The CT-100 does not have 3D pass through. Support for 3D was implemented with the CT-150 & CT-350 models.

thanks for letting me know. It sucks though that i need to buy a new receiver just to get 3D passthrough. what is the main difference between the CT-150 or Ct-350? or should i look to ysp 2200?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2013, 12:32 AM

Hey, I've got a Vizio tv with HDMI ARC setup to my CT100 via Optical. I know the CT100 doesnt support HDMI ARC, but has CEC. I can control the volume of the CT100 with the Vizio remote, but the problem is with input switching. When I switch from TV to HDMI (BD), the CT100 switches to BD and back to TV. I have to use the CT100 remote to switch it to BD everytime. I noticed that it doesn't glitch out like this when I disconnect the Optical cable, but then I'm left with no audio output from TV input. Is there any way I can get this setup to switch properly without having to use 2 remotes, or is the only solution to get a Harmony remote? Would a Sony "learning" universal remote work the same as a Harmony?

KDS-60A3000...RIP

Sony HT-CT100

Vizio E601-A3

Old 09-07-2013, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Does your BD player support CEC? If not, that's the problem.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

Does your BD player support CEC? If not, that's the problem.

Well, it's actually a PS3. I didn't have input switching problems when they were connected to my old TV. I'm just going to have to put up with using 2 remotes.

KDS-60A3000...RIP

Sony HT-CT100

Vizio E601-A3

Old 09-14-2013, 08:11 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismodragon View Post

Well, it's actually a PS3. I didn't have input switching problems when they were connected to my old TV. I'm just going to have to put up with using 2 remotes.

I am pretty sure the problem is that the PS3 has its own form of CEC that is arguing with the CEC of your Soundbar and TV. You might be able to solve the problem by manually turning off the PS3s CEC, although I am not sure where in the settings you can find it.

Xbox Gamertag: Autowobble
Old 07-19-2014, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 20
My CT-100 Lives, and Lives Large; Still a powerhouse after all these years.

Question: What's the feeling about uncompressed LPCM performance with this unit? In integrating the CT-100 into a 3D capable system, I've had to turn off HDMI sound out in my Blu-ray player settings and settle for optical digital audio (because the 100 doesn't have 3D pass-through). No complaints, but would I have if I heard this system when supplied an uncompressed 5.1 or 7.1 signal? I've listened to 2-channel PCM (via toslink), which is a bit underwhelming missing the surrounds and woofer channels (is that how 2 channel PCM works, or is the signal info from all channels folded into 2 channels of audio at an uncompressed PCM bitrate that can be conveyed over optical?).

My hunch is that it'd probably be difficult to distinguish one of the higher bit-rate versions of DD and DTS contained in Blu-ray HD tracks from lossless 5.1/7.1 PCM on the 100, but I'd like to hear from those who've tried it.

I also have a much newer SONY sytem, an HT-CT660, which is terrific overall (once you learn how it handles in the sonic weeds). But in some ways, the 100 still has its advantages. I think I prefer the dedicated center channel system, for example...along with Pro Logic II as a 2-channel spatializing scheme over whatever proprietary 2-channel surround process SONY features in the newers bars...

Thanks, interested in any feedback...

Last edited by JackN; 07-19-2014 at 11:33 PM. Reason: clarity

Tags
Sony Htct100 Sound Bar With Subwoofer Black