would a sound bar work in my room setup? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-27-2009, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
im looking for an upgrade from my tvs built in speakers, and ive read some good things on the ct-100 system on here. the problem is that ive also read that its best for an enclosed room, and my living room has 2 open sides on it, one to the kitchen and one to another "room" i guess.

the tv is basically on the front wall in the middle, and my couch is on the back wall centered with the tv, and there are no left and right walls. is this going to make the ct-100 sound terrible?

also, i live in an apartment with rather unreasonable neighbors, so im not going to be able to have the sub turned on at any decent volume probably. is there a way to minimize the amount of bass that gets transferred between the walls other than just turning the volume way down?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by exstic View Post

im looking for an upgrade from my tvs built in speakers, and ive read some good things on the ct-100 system on here. the problem is that ive also read that its best for an enclosed room, and my living room has 2 open sides on it, one to the kitchen and one to another "room" i guess.

the tv is basically on the front wall in the middle, and my couch is on the back wall centered with the tv, and there are no left and right walls. is this going to make the ct-100 sound terrible?

also, i live in an apartment with rather unreasonable neighbors, so im not going to be able to have the sub turned on at any decent volume probably. is there a way to minimize the amount of bass that gets transferred between the walls other than just turning the volume way down?

I've had a few posters who said the CT100 still sounded great, results may vary of course. It's best to grab the CT100 from a place that allows returns with no restocking fee just in case you don't like it. In regards to your Bass, the CT100 Sub can be turned down to -6, but may be need to be placed on top of a TV stand because the Sub will still be rumbly (but not loud).

PSN- da1writer
My Sony CT-100 Settings (& PS3 Settings) *UPDATED 1/10/09*
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post15172017
Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page