Opinion on Soundbar for my situation (odd room) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-01-2009, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I came across a great deal for the Yamaha YAS-70 for $200. I want to jump on it, but I'm afraid it may not be ideal b/c I have a very odd shaped room. To preface, I am not an audiophile (yet, at least). I've always just used tv speakers, so anything will be an improvement.

I am looking for speakers for my bedroom. It's about 22x12 and a loft setup. There is a staircase coming up in the middle, no door and slanted ceilings. The ceiling runs longways, and is prob around 12-14ft at the peak and slants all the way to the walls about 4ft from the ground. I have my tv in one corner facing directly toward by bed (you can imagine the room as ~2 11x11 rooms directly aside one another since I have it set up that way bc of the staircase, but there's no wall or divider).

My question is, not taking into account furniture in the room, will the slanted ceilings defeat the sound bar, making it not work properly? Right now the plan would be to place it on the tv stand directly in front of the tv (42" plasma). If it has to be mounted higher, I can try to figure out some shelving to get it above the tv.

It's from an online retailer, so I don't know how returns work and/or if I'll get killed on return shipping. I know these are supposed to be good for small, simple rooms, but need some expert advice since my room is neither small nor simple.

Thanks
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page