Boston A vs Sony Soundbar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-08-2009, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I know how much alot of you like the Sony HT-C100, but after hearing it I was a bit turned off by the volume capability. I am not one looking for something to shake the house, but I had it turned up to max volume on the sub and it just didn't seem to have much.

Conversely, the Boston Acoustics 2.1 TVEEM2B-01 seemed to have a much more powerful sound, but nobody on these forums talk much about this soundbar.

I am a newbie at this, and am just trying to find a reason other than the connectivity why I should'nt go with the Boston.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-08-2009, 04:06 PM

It isn't surround sound, so if you want the sense of sound coming from multiple directions you won't get it with the B.A. . Which is why it has the connections it does, or lack of them rather. Although from the looks of it, according to a quick google search it only has one input. Not a huge deal, but it would be a dealbreaker for me. Basically you would have to connect everything to your TV, then have audio out (headphones maybe) to the soundbar.

But if you have auditioned them, go with the one you think would make you happier. You don't have to please us, you have to please yourself, and your wife/kids or whatever. Different people have different wants and needs. Some people will say speaker A is the best speaker in the world, while others will say speaker B is while talking bad about speaker A....etc As long as the main people listening to it are happy, that is the important part.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-09-2009, 01:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cropduster330 View Post

Well I know how much alot of you like the Sony HT-C100, but after hearing it I was a bit turned off by the volume capability. I am not one looking for something to shake the house, but I had it turned up to max volume on the sub and it just didn't seem to have much.

Conversely, the Boston Acoustics 2.1 TVEEM2B-01 seemed to have a much more powerful sound, but nobody on these forums talk much about this soundbar.

I am a newbie at this, and am just trying to find a reason other than the connectivity why I should'nt go with the Boston.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks!

As a soundbar junkie (had a Sony CT-100 and bunch of YSP's, now have the CT-500) I have been wondering what the Boston soundbar sounds like as they do make some very good products.

I have been to my local BestBuy a few times but so far they dont have a display model set up so I have not been able to give a listen yet.

Me thinks next time I go to BB I shall ask them to set one up.

Cheers
Davyo
post #4 of 5 Old 07-09-2009, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the replies, again. one more thing, i see people mentioning the Boston is a "speaker system", does this Boston require an amp?

also, it's only listed at 100 W, does that seem really low?
post #5 of 5 Old 09-17-2009, 03:49 PM

by far for me the BA sounds far better than the sony soundbar. It just had more ooomph to it than the sony. I kind of don't care about whether it has more connections or more surround sound capability, I just base it on what I hear and hearing both soundbars side to side at BB, the BA is FAR superior IMO.
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page