New JVC soundbars,,, very interesting !!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 50 Old 12-26-2009, 04:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
JVC is coming out with these two new soundbars, one of the soundbars comes with a wireless sub and a wireless rear speaker !!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/14/j...audio-systems/

Cheers
Davyo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 Old 12-26-2009, 10:08 AM

Hi Davyo, I agree, these new JVCs look interesting. particularly the one with the wireless sub and rears. It's blurring the line between a HTIB and a soundbar system. However, one of the great features of your Vizio and my Polk is simplicity, and the ability of our systems to almost disappear. The JVC sort of defeats this.
post #3 of 50 Old 12-26-2009, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I think I've finally found what I'm searching for. Been looking at sound-bars to put right in front of my 50" TV on the same surface but all the ones I've seen are too high; they block a portion of the TV cabinet/screen. This JVC unit with a 1.4" height seems perfect.

Who knows when it'll be available in Canada though.
post #4 of 50 Old 12-26-2009, 03:20 PM

Liked: 10
Saw this today on HSN.COM, it's going for $359. Seems to be about the same set up as the vizio sound bar with wireless sub, i wonder if the jvc sounds any better for the extra $100 or so vs. the vizio. I'm waiting for Davyo to pick one up and give us a full review.
post #5 of 50 Old 12-27-2009, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viziodood View Post

Saw this today on HSN.COM, it's going for $359. Seems to be about the same set up as the vizio sound bar with wireless sub, i wonder if the jvc sounds any better for the extra $100 or so vs. the vizio. I'm waiting for Davyo to pick one up and give us a full review.

Very funny,,,,, but true,,,,, I plan on buying the JVC when it come's out.

The JVC model on HSN.com is the TH-BAI though, not the newer soon to be released TH-BA3.

The BA3 is the one I want to check out.

Cheers
Davyo
post #6 of 50 Old 12-29-2009, 06:14 PM

i decided to get the vizio soundbar to take it for a test run since it should be an easy return if I'm not satisfied, but the JVC looks really interesting. I can't seem to find a review on the sound quality, or can i find a retailer that has it in stock. Has anyone been able to purchase one, and if so where?

And Davyo, someone mentioned you also referred to a similar Yamaha setup. Could you tell me more about that and the model number?

Thanks.

dot.
post #7 of 50 Old 12-29-2009, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotman View Post

i decided to get the vizio soundbar to take it for a test run since it should be an easy return if I'm not satisfied, but the JVC looks really interesting. I can't seem to find a review on the sound quality, or can i find a retailer that has it in stock. Has anyone been able to purchase one, and if so where?

And Davyo, someone mentioned you also referred to a similar Yamaha setup. Could you tell me more about that and the model number?

Thanks.

dot.

No reviews on the new'est JVC because it has not been released yet.

As far as Yamaha, I have owned a bunch of the Yamaha YSP soundbar's, to get info on them just click the Yamaha link at the top of this page or go on Amazon.com and do a search.

Hoefully the Vizio you purchased is the one with the wireless sub included,,,, me thinks that one is better than the one without the sub.

Cheers
Davyo
post #8 of 50 Old 12-29-2009, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
post #9 of 50 Old 12-29-2009, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue comet View Post

Open the link for a review:

http://www.hometheaterinaboxreview.c...und-bar-system

The link review you posted is for the older JVC BA1,,,,,the thread here is about the new'er soon to be released JVC TS-BA3 soundbar.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/14/j...audio-systems/

Cheers
Davyo
post #10 of 50 Old 12-31-2009, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Another of "many" press release's on the soon to be released TH-BA3 JVS sound bar,,,, the wirless sub and wireless rear speakers have me very interested in this new set-up.

http://www.slashgear.com/jvc-th-bs7-...debut-1465921/

Cheers
Davyo
post #11 of 50 Old 01-02-2010, 07:19 PM

I found a first look review on the new BA3 model:

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/s...bar-first-look

Kerry
post #12 of 50 Old 01-05-2010, 04:51 AM

Looks like the BA3 is the same as the BA1 with the addition of the wireless rears. The sub and sound bar are the same. Anyone have any experience with the BA1?
post #13 of 50 Old 01-05-2010, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnold View Post

Looks like the BA3 is the same as the BA1 with the addition of the wireless rears. The sub and sound bar are the same. Anyone have any experience with the BA1?

Just in case no one here has any experience with the BA1, there are a few pro reviews for it (google it), 2 user reviews on Amazon and one user review on BestBuys website.

Me thinks while the BA1 and BA3 do look the same (except for the rear speakers) Im sure there is going to be some other improvments with the BA3, so the only thing that might be the same is the looks.

Cheers
Davyo
post #14 of 50 Old 01-09-2010, 11:39 PM

bump bump bump. I am looking for a soundbar for my apartment. I decided to go with the soundbar since it is good for a small room, cost efficient, and look clean after they are set up (no wires).

I though I had my choices down to either the Vizio bar, or Polk bar, but now these come out!

Does anybody know how these sound yet? Close to 5.1? How do they compare to Vizio, Polk, or other soundbars?

Thanks in advance!
post #15 of 50 Old 01-10-2010, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskie35 View Post

bump bump bump. I am looking for a soundbar for my apartment. I decided to go with the soundbar since it is good for a small room, cost efficient, and look clean after they are set up (no wires).

I though I had my choices down to either the Vizio bar, or Polk bar, but now these come out!

Does anybody know how these sound yet? Close to 5.1? How do they compare to Vizio, Polk, or other soundbars?

Thanks in advance!

Hard to say how they sound since they have not been released yet, and then there is the new'er Vizio stuff that's coming out,, also looks cool (the Vizio wireless 5.1 system looks the most interesting to me)
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1214271 .

Thats how it ALWAYS goes,, always something new coming out as soon as you decide what to get.

Cheers
Davyo
post #16 of 50 Old 01-10-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

Hard to say how they sound since they have not been released yet, and then there is the new'er Vizio stuff that's coming out,, also looks cool (the Vizio wireless 5.1 system looks the most interesting to me)
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1214271 .

Thats how it ALWAYS goes,, always something new coming out as soon as you decide what to get.

Cheers
Davyo

According to the Vizio announcement the surround speakers connect to the subwoofer. I take it that this is a wired connection unlike the JVC surrounds which are a wireless connection? Is this correct???
post #17 of 50 Old 01-10-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feisty1 View Post

According to the Vizio announcement the surround speakers connect to the subwoofer. I take it that this is a wired connection unlike the JVC surrounds which are a wireless connection? Is this correct???

I believe the Vizio has a wireless sub, not surrounds. The new JVC seems to be 100% wireless, (sub and surrounds).

Has anybody heard these though?

I am in a dilema between the Vizio, Polk, and this new JVC soundbar.

Edit: Did not see the new Vizio's coming out...looks to be all wireless too.
post #18 of 50 Old 01-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskie35 View Post

I believe the Vizio has a wireless sub, not surrounds. The new JVC seems to be 100% wireless, (sub and surrounds).

Has anybody heard these though?

I am in a dilema between the Vizio, Polk, and this new JVC soundbar.

Edit: Did not see the new Vizio's coming out...looks to be all wireless too.

i read that the back speakers need to hook up to a receiver , so not fully wireless like always
post #19 of 50 Old 01-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

I don't think I would pay more than $200 for one. The Vizio gets good feedback on here.

Polk SL2000WC $3 DIY mod. Smaller the uf, the less harsh your SL2000 is.
1. SRS: .47 uf/250v mylar cap top SL2000, 1.0 2nd, 1.0 3rd, .47 bottom
2. 2.3: 1.0 middle
3. 1C: 1.0 top
4. 2B: 1.0
post #20 of 50 Old 01-10-2010, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neceo View Post

i read that the back speakers need to hook up to a receiver , so not fully wireless like always

Read the quote and your post a few time's and could not figure out if your talking about the JVC or the Vizio (it helps to specific when two different systems are beng talked about).

Anyhow, Im guessing your talking about the Vizio, with the Vizio the rears are hooked to the wireless sub, not a receiver,,,,, to me thats better than other "wireless" system that require the rears be pluged in to a outlet so they can get their power.
Hooking the rears to the Vizio's wilreless sub would make for more placement freedom than having to hook rears next to wherever a power outlet happens to be.
With the JVC, (as I recall) the rears need to be plugged into the wall.

Cheers
Davyo
post #21 of 50 Old 01-11-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

Read the quote and your post a few time's and could not figure out if your talking about the JVC or the Vizio (it helps to specific when two different systems are beng talked about).

Anyhow, Im guessing your talking about the Vizio, with the Vizio the rears are hooked to the wireless sub, not a receiver,,,,, to me thats better than other "wireless" system that require the rears be pluged in to a outlet so they can get their power.
Hooking the rears to the Vizio's wilreless sub would make for more placement freedom than having to hook rears next to wherever a power outlet happens to be.
With the JVC, (as I recall) the rears need to be plugged into the wall.

Cheers
Davyo

The VIZIO subwoofer still has to be plugged into an outlet just like the JVC surrounds, correct?? With the VIZIO setup, your stuck with placing the sub in the vicinity of the surrounds due to the hardwired connection. With the JVC system you gain a lot more flexibility in locating the sub with respect to the room and the surrounds. This can be very important in getting the best response from the sub as well as room aesthetics (wife factor). I presume the JVC sub will also require an outlet similar to the VIZIO. Wireless connections I have seen just transmit a signal-not power.
post #22 of 50 Old 01-11-2010, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feisty1 View Post

The VIZIO subwoofer still has to be plugged into an outlet just like the JVC surrounds, correct?? With the VIZIO setup, your stuck with placing the sub in the vicinity of the surrounds due to the hardwired connection. With the JVC system you gain a lot more flexibility in locating the sub with respect to the room and the surrounds. This can be very important in getting the best response from the sub as well as room aesthetics (wife factor). I presume the JVC sub will also require an outlet similar to the VIZIO. Wireless connections I have seen just transmit a signal-not power.

Persoanaly I think one would have much more flexibility and freedom for placement with the Vizio.

With the JVC your "stuck" with having to have 3 power outlets in the area you wish to have your rears and sub, each of the 2 speakers and the sub need a power outlet close by, to me that does not sound like greater flexibility but rather less.

As far a the wife factor, 3 power cords coming out of wall plate's with the power cords running up the walls would be much harder to hide than two thin speaker wires going to a sub using one power outlet.

With the Vizio one would only need one power outlet for the sub and both rear speakers, to me that translates into much more placement freedom.

Sorry but given those factors I would have to strongly dis-agree that the JVC offers more placement flexibility, matter of fact I would have to say the Vizio totaly blows away the JVC in terms of freedom of placement.

With all that being said I think both the JVC and the Vizio look very interesting, and knowing me, I will be buying both to try out,,,, but I have to say Im now looking around my room realizing that I dont have 3 power outlets close to were I would need to mount each speaker and the sub,, so much for freedom of placement with the JVC for "my" room.

Cheers
Davyo
post #23 of 50 Old 01-11-2010, 12:00 PM

The JVC rears are powered by a wireless receiver. See below. The sub is all on it own power and wireless wise. And the rears are speaker wired to a small receiver that is plugged into a power outlet. So you still need to run speaker wire to the rears. Just not as much.

Can the rears of 5.1 system ever be 100% wireless? You have to have power. Only way would to be solar or battery powered.

"The wireless technology is embedded in the sub while, for the small surrounds, it is in an external control unit. This unit (which very much resembles the flat processor from the TH-BS7 which we'll cover in a moment) is utilized to power both the small rear speakers. While it appears that the receiver unit can be wall mounted, you'll need to run power to it and speaker cable to the two surround speakers. While it would have been preferable to have each surround speaker with their own receiver, at least JVC has given you a very cool looking one."
post #24 of 50 Old 01-11-2010, 12:06 PM

Davyo - this is why I think the JVC BA3 is just a BA1 with the rear speakers and wireless receiver added. They really haven't change anything from the BA1. Not that it's a bad thing. The bA1 soundbar is just a LRC speaker, so it is perfect for 5.1 system.
post #25 of 50 Old 01-11-2010, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnold View Post

The JVC rears are powered by a wireless receiver. See below. The sub is all on it own power and wireless wise. And the rears are speaker wired to a small receiver that is plugged into a power outlet. So you still need to run speaker wire to the rears. Just not as much.

Can the rears of 5.1 system ever be 100% wireless? You have to have power. Only way would to be solar or battery powered.

"The wireless technology is embedded in the sub while, for the small surrounds, it is in an external control unit. This unit (which very much resembles the flat processor from the TH-BS7 which we'll cover in a moment) is utilized to power both the small rear speakers. While it appears that the receiver unit can be wall mounted, you'll need to run power to it and speaker cable to the two surround speakers. While it would have been preferable to have each surround speaker with their own receiver, at least JVC has given you a very cool looking one."

I stand corrected then, I thought each rear speaker needed its own power source and the sub for a total of 3 power outlets being needed.
With that being said though I still think the Vizio would be a more prefured set-up (at least by me) with only having to run two speaker wires to the sub.
With the JVC you have to deal with a seperate receiver, running speaker wires to it and powering it.

Like I said though, they both look like cool systems and Im sure I will buy both to try out.

Cheers
Davyo
post #26 of 50 Old 01-11-2010, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

CES 2010 video of the new JVC soundbars,,, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=315a9CYDAvQ .

Cheers
Davyo
post #27 of 50 Old 01-28-2010, 10:05 AM

I bought the vizio SB with wirless sub, and it is an improvement, but would really like to hear any real world reviews of the TH-BA3, as I'm thinking of replacing the vizio with it.

dot.
post #28 of 50 Old 01-28-2010, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

The JVC bar seems like a thing to look out for. I was already thinking of having a soundbar for front audio and seperate speakers for the surrounds. I think I will wait for the JVC beforw pulling the plug on anything.
post #29 of 50 Old 01-28-2010, 06:04 PM

I can't find it available in any of the usual places, but you can now order it from jvc's site. I live in a small town, so it's doubtful I'll be able to hear it before buying. Hoping someone here get's there hands on one and gives us a good review.

dot.
post #30 of 50 Old 02-07-2010, 01:12 PM

hey there fellas after reading this thread i decided to look into jvc having just returned 2 yas71's in a week both units with defective sw's and then being told by vizio the upgraded vsb 210 which will now be the 201 won't be out until end of this month saw a pretty favorable review at cnet on the thba1 and amazon is selling it for $269.00 so i will try it out and let you know by the way the new jvc bs7 has an additional componet to mount the amp is separate looks like they wanted to get more stylish and thinner with the new model which doesn't appeal to me anyway

good luck keether
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page