Vizio's NEW Soundbars and wireless systems,, Very Very Cool Stuff !!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 89 Old 01-07-2010, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This was just posted on the Vizio website, they have a whole bunch of new audio stuff coming out,,,,, NEW soundbars and headphone's very cool !!!!!!!!

The VHT512 5.1 HD Home Theater Surround Sound with Wireless Subwoofer, Wireless Rear Speakers and a Wireless iPod Dock looks like my favorite of all the new toys listed !!!!!

Also, the new up-grade from the current soundbar will be available this month,,, the VSB210WS 2.1 channel Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer, it now does Dolby Digital decoding.

Cheers
Davyo

LAS VEGAS, NV (CES) and IRVINE, CA – January 06, 2010 -- VIZIO, America’s #1 LCD HDTV Company, announced today a new lineup of wireless High Definition audio products, including home theater surround sound systems with wireless subwoofers and wireless home theater headphones. The VHT200 2.0 HD Home Theater Sound bar features a slim 32” design perfect for 32” and 37” HDTVs, and the VHT212 2.1 HD Home Theater Sound bar with Wireless Subwoofer and iPod Dock adds a wireless subwoofer, a wireless iPod dock and can be paired with VIZIO’s wireless headphones. The VHT512 5.1 HD Home Theater Surround Sound System includes wireless surround speakers, wireless subwoofer, and wireless iPod dock and can also be paired with VIZIO’s wireless headphones. In addition, the VSB200 and VSB201 HD Home Theater Sound bars with Wireless Subwoofer sound bars have been upgraded to support Dolby Digital audio and features a new remote control. The VHP100 Wireless Home Theater Headphones with iPod Dock deliver premium audio performance with active noise cancellation, in a comfortable over-the-ear design. All of the 2.1 and 5.1 home theater sound bars and wireless headphones include support for High Definition Wireless Audio (HDWA) which lets users enjoy their home theater audio from anywhere in the home. Finally, VIZIO introduces the VHB100 Bluetooth Headphones, which can be used for both music listening and mobile communications.

The introduction of multiple VIZIO wireless devices with support for HDWA allows consumers to create a VIZIO Wireless Audio Eco-System in their home, enabling content from multiple audio devices to be enjoyed anywhere in the home. For example, a wireless iPod dock located in the bedroom can connect to wireless headphones in another room, or the Sound Bar in the living room. Also, in the living room system, the subwoofer and surround speakers can be connected wirelessly.

“Research shows that consumers believe that it is important to purchase accessory components from the same manufacturer as their HDTV, and these complimentary HD audio products are a very high priority for consumers once they have selected their HDTV,” said Laynie Newsome, VIZIO Co-Founder and VP Sales and Marketing Communications. "Our new audio products have been designed with the same approach as our televisions, delivering the latest technology and style with the industry’s best value, and our wireless ecosystem makes connectivity for each component both easy and seamless.”

VHT200 32” 2.0 HD Home Theater Sound bar & VHT212 2.1 HD Home Theater Sound bar with Wireless Subwoofer

With a new slim efficient sound bar design and a sleek new remote, VIZIO’s home theater sound bars deliver premium high definition audio in either a 2.0 channel (VHT200) or 2.1 channel configuration that adds a wireless subwoofer and iPod dock (VHT212). Easily mounted on a desktop stand or beneath the HDTV, the VHT212 HD sound bar with wireless subwoofer has four 3” high efficiency mid/bass drivers plus two 0.75” high performance neodymium tweeters. The VHT200 HD sound bar with support for Dolby Digital™ as well as SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD, creates an immersive surround sound experience for rooms with limited space to accommodate legacy home theater systems.

The Wireless Subwoofer has a single 5.25” long-throw high-excursion driver in an acoustically optimal solid wood cabinet, with extended low frequencies down to 35 Hz. Its 2.4 GHz wireless connection synchronizes automatically with the Sound Bar at up to a 60-foot line of sight distance.

The wireless iPod dock provides an additional audio source and can be located anywhere in the home, as the dock uses HDWA to communicate over WiFi with the other VIZIO HD audio components that also are HDWA compatible, including the wireless subwoofer and wireless headphones.

Other video and audio source components can be connected through one S/PDIF digital audio input and a pair of RCA stereo analog inputs. With an MSRPs of $149.99 and $249.99 for the VHT200 and VHT212, respectively, initial shipments are scheduled for April 2010.

VHT512 5.1 HD Home Theater Surround Sound with Wireless Subwoofer and Wireless iPod Dock

Delivering full 5.1 channel surround sound, the VHT512 is a fully wireless, complete HD home theater audio solution. Its sound bar incorporates center, front right and front left channels, using four 3” mid/bass speakers and two 0.75” high performance neodymium tweeters, and its advanced audio capabilities include onboard decoding for Dolby Digital and Dolby Pro Logic II playback and SRS CIrcleCinema HD™, which encompasses SRS TruSurround HD 5.1TM, SRS TruVolumeTM, and SRS CircleSurroundTM

A 6.5” long-throw high-excursion driver in the Wireless Subwoofer produces deep bass down to 35 Hz, with the ability to connect wirelessly to the Sound Bar as far away as 60-feet when line of sight is maintained. The sleek rear channel speakers connect to the Subwoofer, and each speaker has two 2” drivers and a 1.2” tweeter.

This system also includes a wireless iPod dock that can be placed anywhere in the home for additional convenience. Wireless private listening is available with VIZIO’s wireless home theater headphones. Wired inputs include an S/PDIF digital audio Input and a pair of RCA stereo analog inputs. MSRP is $399.99, and initial shipments are scheduled for May 2010.

VSB200 2.0 channel Sound Bar and VSB210WS 2.1 channel Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer

With the addition of Dolby Digital decoding and a new sleek remote control, the updated VSB200 2.0 channel and VSB201 2.1 channel with Wireless Subwoofer Sound Bars provide high-definition audio with cutting edge sound technologies that include SRS TruSurround HD™ and SRS TruVolume™. SRS TruSurround HD creates virtual surround without rear speakers, enhances the bass response and improves dialog intelligibility, and SRS TruVolume eliminates the annoying jumps in volume between sources and when switching in and out of commercials. In each 40” wide sound bar, four 3" high efficiency hand built mid/bass transducers and two 3/4" high performance aluminum dome neodymium tweeters combine with a powerful 32-bit 150MHz DSP audio engine to combine high-quality sound with high efficiency, producing 90 dB SPL @ 1W/1m.

To produce true full-range audio, the VSB201 adds a Wireless Subwoofer. Its 6.5" long throw subwoofer driver reproduces frequencies between 35 and 80 Hz, and its cabinet can be placed up to 60 feet from the sound bar with a clear line of sight. Both sound bars will be available in January, 2010. MSRP for the VSB200 is $199.99, and MSRP for the VSB210WS is $349.99.

VHP100 Wireless Home Theater Headphones with iPod Dock

VIZIO’s Wireles Home Theater Headphones have a comfortable over the ear design, and in addition to their high definition audio reproduction, they provide active noise cancellation. Pairing with VIZIO’s home theater sound bars is easy and automatic with built-in HDWA support. Its wireless base station includes an integrated iPod dock, which also accepts SPDIF and RCA inputs. For mobile and airplane use, the headphones have a 3.5mm audio jack. The lithium polymer battery lasts up to 5 hours, and a USB charger and accompanying hard case make this the perfect solution for home theater listening on-the-go. Available in May, MSRP is $299.99.

VHB100 Stereo Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone

For wireless listening with Bluetooth audio sources, VIZIO is introducing the compact, travel-friendly VHB100 Stereo Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone. These high-performance headphones meet the Bluetooth 2.0 specifications to deliver high quality audio for both stereo music listening and mobile phone communications. The headphone’s sound quality is optimized by SRS WOW HD™ and SRS CircleSurroundTM for enhanced audio quality and SRS Bluetooth PureSpeech™ for voice clarity.

Providing easy pairing to Bluetooth enabled components and VIZIO VIA-enabled HDTVs, the headphones support A2DP, HID and AVRC audio protocols, and for voice communications HSP 2.0 and HFP 1.0 standards. For non-Bluetooth connections such as those on an airplane, a 3.5mm jack is provided. Its rechargeable Lithium Ion battery provides a minimum of 8 hours playback. Scheduled for shipment in March, 2010, MSRP is $99.99.

http://www.vizio.com/news/cat/press/...nAudioProducts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 89 Old 01-07-2010, 07:30 AM

Liked: 10
I still associate Vizio with cheap crap. Have they turned things around like Hyundai has done in the automotive world (my home turf)?
post #3 of 89 Old 01-07-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shappy0869 View Post

I still associate Vizio with cheap crap. Have they turned things around like Hyundai has done in the automotive world (my home turf)?

In a word, yes. Even if you never buy a Vizio product, you should applaud and support them (in spirit, if nothing else) for keeping pressure on other companies to keep prices lower than they would otherwise be. Just check out the price on their new 72" 3D LCD TV (with LED backlighting/local dimming)...MSRP $3500.

Also, they fixed my biggest gripe with their soundbar....the DD decoding.
post #4 of 89 Old 01-07-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-JTL View Post

In a word, yes. Even if you never buy a Vizio product, you should applaud and support them (in spirit, if nothing else) for keeping pressure on other companies to keep prices lower than they would otherwise be. Just check out the price on their new 72" 3D LCD TV (with LED backlighting/local dimming)...MSRP $3500.

Also, they fixed my biggest gripe with their soundbar....the DD decoding.

Then it is a company I will keep an eye and ear on!
post #5 of 89 Old 01-07-2010, 10:06 AM

And to think I just picked up the old VSB-200 soundbar yesterday.

On the other hand, my Panasonic PZ85 TV only outputs 2.0 PCM via optical, so I don't see any reason to take it back other then possible future upgrade uses.

Unless anyone has another reason?
post #6 of 89 Old 01-07-2010, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shappy0869 View Post

I keep reading more and more positive things about Vizio. I know when they first started they had QC problems, but it seems they are getting things together in the past say 18 mos. And they are an American company, which is pretty cool, to bad the sets weren't made here, but it is a start.

I think I will give them a serious look the next time I buy a flat panel.
post #7 of 89 Old 01-07-2010, 10:30 AM

give us a 7.1 or 7.2 true surround sound system VIZIO with 7 speakers and an actual receiver, these new items are too bush league to even have attached to a 72 inch tv

then in 2 years give us either a 9.1 or 9.2 or 10.2 option
post #8 of 89 Old 01-07-2010, 11:21 AM

Complete newbie here. Will the VHT512 require an audio receiver? If does is the hdmi 1.3 or 1.4 matter ?
post #9 of 89 Old 01-07-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhhd89 View Post

give us a 7.1 or 7.2 true surround sound system VIZIO with 7 speakers and an actual receiver, these new items are too bush league to even have attached to a 72 inch tv

then in 2 years give us either a 9.1 or 9.2 or 10.2 option

Dude, you need to can your hate for Vizio. First you're going to rail on them for having 40,000 hour lamp life TVs instead of 100,000, now you're going to hit them for not offering a 7.1 surround system.

Why do you seem to expect 100% of the solution for 50% of the price? If you want that stuff so bad, quit talking bad about Vizio that they don't offer it and, instead, talk about all the companies that DO offer those things for 2 or 3 times the price.
post #10 of 89 Old 01-07-2010, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Dude, you need to can your hate for Vizio. First you're going to rail on them for having 40,000 hour lamp life TVs instead of 100,000, now you're going to hit them for not offering a 7.1 surround system.

Why do you seem to expect 100% of the solution for 50% of the price? If you want that stuff so bad, quit talking bad about Vizio that they don't offer it and, instead, talk about all the companies that DO offer those things for 2 or 3 times the price.

Agreed,,,,,, "dhhd89" is over on the Vizio 72" LED/LCD thread complaining about the the new Vizio 70" LCD/LED thats going to be selling for 3,499.00 and then he is on here ragging on the Vizio audio stuff.

We get it "dhhd89",, you hate Vizio products.

Cheers
Davyo
post #11 of 89 Old 01-07-2010, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsch92 View Post

On the other hand, my Panasonic PZ85 TV only outputs 2.0 PCM via optical, so I don't see any reason to take it back other then possible future upgrade uses.

Well yes there is a reason to upgrade,, since the new soundbar will decode Dolby Digital via an optical connection, one would now want to run the optical from their BluRay player directly to the soundbar instead of taking the optical from a panel.

A direct optical connection between a BD/DVD player and the new up-graded soundbar should make for a much better sound and perhaps even a better surround effect coming from the Vzio soundbar.

Cheers
Davyo
post #12 of 89 Old 01-07-2010, 11:28 PM

Not bad, but I would pass on them. I would have liked some Dolby TruHD support. Hopefully Sony, Samsung, etc have some new soundbars coming out also.
post #13 of 89 Old 01-08-2010, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ftonm3 View Post

Not bad, but I would pass on them. I would have liked some Dolby TruHD support. Hopefully Sony, Samsung, etc have some new soundbars coming out also.

Correct me if I am wrong but from what I understand the difference between Dolby Digital and Dolby TruHD is not that dramatic.

Dolby TruHD is only really of benefit when used with 6.1 or 7.1 system but not really noticable with a soundbar, 2.1, 3.1 or a 5.1 system.

CHeers
Davyo
post #14 of 89 Old 01-08-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsch92 View Post

Over the air HD carried a DD soundtrack. It's one reason I gave up on my Vizio soundbar and got another HTiB that would do it. My TV didn't have a down-sample option and would output the source, so I'd just get "BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP" when watching OTA HD.

The "future upgrade" would be enough for me, especially if you JUST got it and can take it back.
post #15 of 89 Old 01-08-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

Correct me if I am wrong but from what I understand the difference between Dolby Digital and Dolby TruHD is not that dramatic.

Dolby TruHD is only really of benefit when used with 6.1 or 7.1 system but not really noticable with a soundbar, 2.1, 3.1 or a 5.1 system.

CHeers
Davyo

I'm with you on this one, when it comes to soundbars I cannot notice a difference between the high end yamaha ysps and the 250 buck vizio with sub, or my zvox 325 as far as if they decode DD or TrueHD or if they are run through analog. However, I can hear a difference at my friend's home theater 5.1 system, which costs about 6,000 bucks.
post #16 of 89 Old 01-08-2010, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

I'm with you on this one, when it comes to soundbars I cannot notice a difference between the high end yamaha ysps and the 250 buck vizio with sub, or my zvox 325 as far as if they decode DD or TrueHD or if they are run through analog. However, I can hear a difference at my friend's home theater 5.1 system, which costs about 6,000 bucks.

Yea, with a soundbar or a 2.1, 3.1 or 5.1 set-up would anyone even be able to tell if it was Dolby Digital or Dolby TruHD,,,, me thinks not.

Cheers
Davyo
post #17 of 89 Old 01-08-2010, 10:58 AM

Well, DD does seem to have better clarity for voices, even on a soundbar, vs 2.0 So, I'd say it's a worthy upgrade.
post #18 of 89 Old 01-08-2010, 01:59 PM

Shoot and I just got my soundbar with wireless sub delivered today.
post #19 of 89 Old 01-09-2010, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhlee1967 View Post

Shoot and I just got my soundbar with wireless sub delivered today.

Hopefully you saw my other post, in case you didnt, the up-graded Vizio Dolby Digital soundbar comes out this month.

Cheers
Davyo
post #20 of 89 Old 01-09-2010, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:

Well yes there is a reason to upgrade,, since the new soundbar will decode Dolby Digital via an optical connection, one would now want to run the optical from their BluRay player directly to the soundbar instead of taking the optical from a panel.

A direct optical connection between a BD/DVD player and the new up-graded soundbar should make for a much better sound and perhaps even a better surround effect coming from the Vzio soundbar.

Cheers
Davyo

I got a PS3 and the same PZ85 plasma but the main thing I'm interested in is output level, especially from either the PS3 or video from a MacBook Pro is too low.

I have to crank up the volume to over twice as much as the level used with the D* HR22 HD-DVR.

Only thing about running the optical directly though is that there is only one optical input, presumably while both the PS3 and the HD-DVR have optical outputs.

EDIT: Okay, quick check on website shows you select the input manually. Only thing now is it would be nice to have more than one optical inputs.

Or how about HDMI? Why is it that only Sony makes soundbars with HDMI inputs, although thinking about it, I don't think my plasma has HDMI output or anything, so the soundbar would have to pass through the HDMI video signals onto the TV.
post #21 of 89 Old 01-09-2010, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

CHeers
Davyo

There won't be much (if any) difference between TrueHD and Dolby Digital if it's being reproduced on the gear being discussed in the HTIB forum. This isn't a knock on people who have HTIB's. For many people, they're the perfect home theater solution. However, inexpensive speakers and cheap amplifiers aren't able to fully replicate the nuances of lossless audio - especially with regard to dynamic range.

As for needing 6.1 or 7.1 to enjoy TrueHD, that's not normally the case. The vast majority of TrueHD soundtracks are still done in 5.1. I'd doubt a soundbar, 2.1, or 3.1 system could maximize the potential of these tracks, but a quality 5.1 system will be sufficient for probably 90% of the TrueHD tracks out there right now. Of course the trend to 7.1 will probably grow in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

Exactly. A quality sound system can reveal the benefits of lossless audio. Lossy Dolby Digital (and DTS) can still be very convincing, but PCM, TrueHD, and DTS-MA are noticeably better on a good system.
post #22 of 89 Old 01-09-2010, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

How many films are being produced where lossless sound tracks matter?

Do even big budget movies devote money to making soundtracks which appeal to audiophiles?

Or is it that typically, the big-budget movies have explosions and blaring music designed to pummel your ears, make your room shake, etc. more than tonal accuracy, well-defined imaging, etc.?
post #23 of 89 Old 01-12-2010, 01:52 AM

Quote:

Over the air HD carried a DD soundtrack. It's one reason I gave up on my Vizio soundbar and got another HTiB that would do it. My TV didn't have a down-sample option and would output the source, so I'd just get "BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP" when watching OTA HD.

The "future upgrade" would be enough for me, especially if you JUST got it and can take it back.

Yeah, I hadn't even opened the box yet. So it went back today.

I should know better than to buy something during CES. There's always something better.
post #24 of 89 Old 01-12-2010, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

So the updated VSB200 is suppose to be available in January.

The new VHT200, which also supports DD and is $50 less, comes out April?

Sounds like the new VSB200 should be available any minute now.
post #25 of 89 Old 01-12-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post

I got a PS3 and the same PZ85 plasma but the main thing I'm interested in is output level, especially from either the PS3 or video from a MacBook Pro is too low.

I have to crank up the volume to over twice as much as the level used with the D* HR22 HD-DVR.

Only thing about running the optical directly though is that there is only one optical input, presumably while both the PS3 and the HD-DVR have optical outputs.

EDIT: Okay, quick check on website shows you select the input manually. Only thing now is it would be nice to have more than one optical inputs.

Or how about HDMI? Why is it that only Sony makes soundbars with HDMI inputs, although thinking about it, I don't think my plasma has HDMI output or anything, so the soundbar would have to pass through the HDMI video signals onto the TV.

Running everything through the television and one output to the soundbar seems the best way to go to me. I don't really see any benefit to running through the soundbar independently or before you run to the television. If you've got too many sources to be handled by your television then you really need a receiver.
post #26 of 89 Old 01-12-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:

I assume that's with optical, couldn't you run analog outs?
post #27 of 89 Old 01-12-2010, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasKL View Post

Running everything through the television and one output to the soundbar seems the best way to go to me. I don't really see any benefit to running through the soundbar independently or before you run to the television. If you've got too many sources to be handled by your television then you really need a receiver.

Someone said earlier in the thread that the Panasonic PZ85 plasmas only output 2.0 through the Optical Out, which may be good enough.

But if you plug in from the PS3 or the HD DVR, presumably those optical outs are 5.1. But even with Dolby Digital, maybe a soundbar isn't going to do much more with a 5.1 input than a 2.0 input.
post #28 of 89 Old 01-12-2010, 09:21 PM

I have the current VSB200 sound bar...

Will the new VHT200 and the new VSB200 now decode the center channel and (with a sub attached) act as a true 3.1 system?

--
post #29 of 89 Old 01-13-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasKL View Post

I assume that's with optical, couldn't you run analog outs?

That's exactly what I was doing until I got a new TV that didn't have analog outs (LG 55LH90). Great TV, but does kind of piss me off that they didn't include either a downsample option or analog outputs.

So, I moved the Vizio soundbar and got a receiver/5.1 setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post

But if you plug in from the PS3 or the HD DVR, presumably those optical outs are 5.1. But even with Dolby Digital, maybe a soundbar isn't going to do much more with a 5.1 input than a 2.0 input.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, voices do come across clearer on a DD5.1 vs 2.0 setup, so I think it's worth it to get the DD5.1. However, if you're tight on money or it's going to be a giant PITA with swapping/upgrading/whatever, then 2.0 is passable. I just do think there's a big enough upgrade to clarity with the DD5.1 to make it worth it.
post #30 of 89 Old 01-13-2010, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Well this is for a bedroom TV and there's no room to put speakers behind where I'd be sitting or lying down.

So simulated surround or just better quality stereo (and louder volume) than what comes out of the TV speakers would be a big improvement.
Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page