Help: How to Mount Soundbar on Articulating Arm - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-22-2010, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am mounting a PN50B860 on a sidewall in my bedroom since the bed faces a wall of windows. I want to use an articulating arm to pull the TV out for viewing at a better angle.

Since the built-in speakers are awful, I need to add an external sound source.

I prefer having the sound come from the direction of the TV since any wall mounts will be off-skewed.

I am considering using a soundbar (such as a Polk Surroundbar IHT, Boston Acoustics TeeVee or a Yamaha) but want to attach the soundbar to the articulating arm so that the sound will appear to come from the set. Both the Polk and BA come with wireless subwoofers which is an advantage.

Peerless has an attachment to some of its mounts for a Center speaker (tailored for BA and Polk) but their tech people say it cannot be used forthe Polk soundbar.

Omnimount has an "ears" attachment that allows for L & R speakers to be attached.

Sanus also has a center speaker mount, but it is unclear whether it is usable for a soundbar.

Chief has some ungainly/ugly contraption for a center speaker---but again unclear whether it can be used for a soundbar.

I would prefer a soundbar to speakers so long as the soundbar has its own amplifier. I'm trying to avoid adding an amplifier to the setup that will include a DirecTV receiver and a Blu-Ray player.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-12-2010, 06:29 PM

I'm in the process of figuring out how to mount the SSA-50 to the Chief PDR mount and I noticed there is an accessory built specifically for the Yamaha Soundbar. PACY3 http://www.chiefmfg.com/productdetai...ccessoryID=945

I think the Yamaha type soundbar suits your purposes better then the one I'm looking at.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-15-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnesNevada View Post

I am mounting a PN50B860 on a sidewall in my bedroom since the bed faces a wall of windows. I want to use an articulating arm to pull the TV out for viewing at a better angle.

Since the built-in speakers are awful, I need to add an external sound source.

I prefer having the sound come from the direction of the TV since any wall mounts will be off-skewed.

I am considering using a soundbar (such as a Polk Surroundbar IHT, Boston Acoustics TeeVee or a Yamaha) but want to attach the soundbar to the articulating arm so that the sound will appear to come from the set. Both the Polk and BA come with wireless subwoofers which is an advantage.

Peerless has an attachment to some of its mounts for a Center speaker (tailored for BA and Polk) but their tech people say it cannot be used forthe Polk soundbar.

Omnimount has an "ears" attachment that allows for L & R speakers to be attached.

Sanus also has a center speaker mount, but it is unclear whether it is usable for a soundbar.

Chief has some ungainly/ugly contraption for a center speaker---but again unclear whether it can be used for a soundbar.

I would prefer a soundbar to speakers so long as the soundbar has its own amplifier. I'm trying to avoid adding an amplifier to the setup that will include a DirecTV receiver and a Blu-Ray player.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You might want to check this site out. http://soundbarbrackets.com/
Reply Soundbars