Originally Posted by nenito2k
1. Why do you like setting your bluray player on bitstream every time you get a new bar, including sony? i have already asked that a few days ago...you claimed with the vizio i think that even if it only gives you dd/dts its better than PCM.
But with PCM you get lossless audio sent to the sony bar right?? how can that be worse than sending SD audio?
for that matter is there any DIFFERENCE at all between HD tracks and SD ones on movies????
2. Do you really think the ct150 is better than the ct 100 & 500 and vizio....or is it just that you want to settle so much that you are confused
3. Do you definatly confirm that the CT150 is better than the s400 soundwise (dialogue clarity, loundness, surround effects, low level volume details etc....); is the sub on, the sony better than the yamaha one (most people were stunned by the s400 sub...)?
4. to put an end to the debate can you guarantee that this 250$ soundbar is better than ANY LCD/plasma speakers (even philips, panasonic...known for having the best sound around)???
5. some people commented that when playing FPS back channels are way to loud (when people speak behind your back in a game). what's up with that, did you see some bugs?
6. on the BD movie, is it preferable to set the movie in 5.1/6.1 or 7.1 (if available). is there an actual difference in that on a 3.1 channel soundbar???
7. everyone knows that DD is inferior to DTS on real 5.1 installations; on this bar do we at least see that difference too ?
8. how does 2.0 stereo sound on tv channels that don't do 5.1 dolby? again many channels only support stereo...will this still be better than my tv speakers?
9. can you post some pictures of the baby once you deal with everything??
Good luck in answering all this
Geeze,,, you dont ask much.
1: Bitstream, I "think" Im getting a better sound with bitstream vs PCM but Im still going back and forth a bit,,, I know with the JVC BA3, when I set my BD player to bitstream the JVC really sounded much better than PCM, huge difference.
2: The CT-100, 150 and 500, which is better, thats a gray area,,, they all have pros and cons,,, the CT-150 I liked because it was the ground breaker of the Sony bars and "also" looked the coolest (metal grill on the bar and connecting pin cable were my favorite features).
The CT-500 (when it worked correctly) the on-screen menu and a better surround effect than the CT-100.
The CT-150, just as good of surround effect, if not better than the 500, smaller bar than the 500.
Things I still hate about the CT's though, the remote is too clutered with a bunch of crap that will for the most part never get used, the LED readout on the sub is hard to see (too small), menu's are a slight pain in the ass but not a big deal once ya get used to them.
Yes, I now know the dialog is better on the CT-150 than the Vizio VHT210,, I wasnt going to mention this as I didnt want to further confuss anyone, but a few days ago I re-purchased the Vizio VHT and did a side by side with the CT-150 that I just re-purchased,,, doing the side by side and spending more time really listening to both the CT-150 best out the Vizio in the dialog department, but the Vizio still was a bit better in a room filling bigger sound.
I went thru a ton of BluRays testing the bars and in most of the comparisons the CT-150 ended up as the winner for dialog.
3: The S400 vs the CT-150,, overall sound I dont think there is a clear winner on that, the both sound pretty equal,, but for a surround effect thats easy,,, the S400 did not even come close to the CT-150, the JVC or the Vizio in terms of a room filling surround sound,,, that was really a let down for me with the S400, as, like I said before, I think a soundbar should at least give some sense of a surround sound effect and I got very little of that from the S400.
4: Of all the flat panels I have owned and tried out the Vizio 55 inchers with the attached soundbar have the best sound of any of the other brands,,, except for one panel,,, the Mitsubishi flat panels with the built in soundbar,,, Ohhh ma god,, that is soundbar nirvana,,, I had the 52" Mits LCD in my house and feel in love with the built in soundbar,,, the sound was better than any stand alone soundbar EVER made,,,, easy on-screen menus where you could see in real time the directions of the soundbeams and a subwofter output on the TV's back panel,, LOVED the soundbar on the Mitsu,,, the picture on the Mitsu, not that great, and I just could not live with the 52" size that they offered back then,, the new Mistu's are a bigger screen size now and I think an improved picture so that might be worth re-visiting someday.
Well I will have to answer the rest of the questions later,, got to go for now.