Sony HT-CT150 and CT350 - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #721 of 2101 Old 11-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
Gotchaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Here is another review for the HTC350, seems like the consensus is it's good for movies, mid range is weak.
Gotchaa is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #722 of 2101 Old 11-11-2010, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
drfreeman60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 1,805
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotchaa View Post

Here is another review for the HTC350, seems like the consensus is it's good for movies, mid range is weak.

For those who have been looking for a comparison between the 150/350, HTR does just that. You need to read both the review above as well as he review for the 150 to discern the differences and the weight they give them.

Bottom line summary is that HTR feels the 350 is a little more robust, especially on movies and broadcast content, than the 150. However, it seems their recommendation is still the 150 based on the price differential.

My opinion would always be try the less expensive unit unless it is missing some feature that you require or would like from the more epxensive unit (FM tuner?). If you are unhappy with the less expensive unit, return for the other. If you don't hear anything wrong and the lesser unit does its job satisfactorily, don't think that sonic nirvana will be found by investing in the higher priced unit. Unless they are side by side or you have some room characteristic that one handles better than the other, you would probably never hear the differences.

By the way, HTR liked the implementation of the matrixed surround effect from Sony. Even after listening to both, I did not remember being impressed or disappointed with this feature. Since I normally am not a fan of this type (non-discrete) of surround, that is probably an endorsement of Sony's execution. I have heard plenty of terrible implementations of this in the past.

David Freeman
drfreeman60 is offline  
post #723 of 2101 Old 11-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Senior Member
 
nenito2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Africa
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
thanx for giving us that review i have not seen it!!! AFTER months of wating we finally had someone to compare side by side; in the end the CT-350 is not a lounder version of CT150.
ct350 IS BETTER in sound quality, that IS a fact.

freeman i respect you enormously but i don't come up with the same conclusion after reading:
HTR points clearly out that the C150 is inferior....but finishes saying "it is very competitive and deserves an audition"

But for the the bigger model "Sony has done a very nice job with the CT350. Strongly recommended"

as i see it...if one CAN put 100$, they should DO IT...because that models JUST SOUNDS better.

Please people feel free to share your views

@freeman: I just want to buy a bar that will last for 3 years at least, in my case i can put that extra 100.. is it worth it to me than?

in my situation this "mid range is weak" thing matters ?? i don't listen to music (mp3's nor mtv...)...will i still benefit if i opt for the 350?
nenito2k is offline  
post #724 of 2101 Old 11-12-2010, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
drfreeman60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 1,805
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Personally, I believe that the mid-range is extremely important. The mid-range contains most of the sound you hear in daily life. When a users complains of voice problems with soundbars, this is either related to mid-range balance or level.

However, the comments concerning the mids for the 350 would not scare me off. These were based primarily on musical content and music presents a greater challenge to both electronics and speakers than movies. Our ears know how certain instruments or voices should sound and can latch on to deficiencies much quicker.

Having heard two 150's and one 350 in different homes, I do not recall any mid-range deficiency. But, I did not audition with music. TV and Blu-Ray only. Voices sounded excellent and discrete sounds from the Blu-Ray soundtracks on both came through loud and clear and in one friends home really did give a credible sense of surround.

After looking at your comments, I reread both reviews and believe your take on HTR's review is probably closer to their judgement than mine from yesterday. Overall, it sounds like they definitely prefer the 350 but feel the 150 a good buy with sonics almost as good for $100 less.

My personal opionion (probably not worth much as it has now been proven that either I can't read or can't remember what I read ten minutes after I read it) is that you won't go wrong with either.

As I said before, when playing in different homes, the sound is similar enough that there was nothing for my old ears to latch on to as a major sonic difference. Both sounded good. I still say try one and dissatisfied, go with the other.

David Freeman
drfreeman60 is offline  
post #725 of 2101 Old 11-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Newbie
 
DallasA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I picked up the sony ct350 about a week ago, and I just recently found out today I had it setup wrong(hdmi sources going to tv, then optical to sub). I have it now hooked up with all the hdmi connections going into the sub, and 1 out to the tv, after that I popped in a band of brothers blu ray. Ever since I hooked it up like this the sound isn't synced right with the video, and I have tried turning av sync on, and off with no avail. Is their something I'm missing??.
DallasA is offline  
post #726 of 2101 Old 11-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Senior Member
 
nenito2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Africa
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
there should be a delay option where you add/substract milliseconds....
nenito2k is offline  
post #727 of 2101 Old 11-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Member
 
Lane F.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Am I reading this correctly, the 150 only has two speakers?

150 Review
Quote:


The soundbar employs two 2-inch by 3.625-inch drivers, one for the front and one for the center

350 Review
Quote:


The soundbar employs two 1.625-inch by 2.875-inch "front" drivers and two 1.625-inch "center" drivers

Lane F. is offline  
post #728 of 2101 Old 11-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Senior Member
 
nenito2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Africa
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
LANE, that has been discussed many times here...we finally got a side by side comparaison in the review you read so that cloeses the debate
nenito2k is offline  
post #729 of 2101 Old 11-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Member
 
Lane F.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry I must admit I didn't read all 24+ pages. I remember seeing something about the 350 having an extra speaker or two, but I always thought the 150 had at 3 speakers (FRONT LEFT, CENTER, FRONT RIGHT).
Lane F. is offline  
post #730 of 2101 Old 11-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Senior Member
 
nenito2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Africa
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
LANE...are you interested in getting the 350???
nenito2k is offline  
post #731 of 2101 Old 11-15-2010, 10:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
davyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: las vegas nevada
Posts: 4,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sorry to bum a few people out but I have re-read these reviews a few times and I fail to see where there was a side by side comparison done.

The 150 was reviewed on Oct 24th and the 350 on Nov 5 and there is no mention of a side by side or for that matter Im not even really sure if the reviewer is saying the surround effect is better on the 350 than on the 150.

One of the main things I think that is important is how good a soundbar does at putting out a convincing surround effect,, yes,,, the review said the 350 sounded better but does that mean better overall or a better surround effect.

Sorry, but I dont see this as a side by side and by everything I have read it was not a side by side,,, and thats what myself and Im sure many on here are wanting to see a review about,,,,, a 150 and a 350 hooked up at the same time to the same source, in the same room and really listened to side by side.

Having owned the 150 (and I did like it very much) I am still wondering if the 350 produces a better surround effect or not,,, and neither of these reviews answered that as far as I can see after more than a few re-reads.

To be honest I find it a bit frustrating that after all this time no one has done a "real", "actual" side by side of these two Sonys at the "same time" in the "same room",,,,, Im almost tempted to go re-purchase another 150 and buy a 350 and do a review myself.

Cheers
Davyo
davyo is offline  
post #732 of 2101 Old 11-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Senior Member
 
nenito2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Africa
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
dav...i understand your frustration....but a side by side was implicit...as i understand. Yes the 150 was reviewed a few days before but i think that they had the bars at their lab during the same period..
the articles were wrote at different time. How can you explain that on the 24th oct. they claimed the CT350 offers better sound than?
but my understanding is that the surround effect is the SAME on both bars man, the 350 is better only in the mid range.
a real side by side has been done as far as i see it, but maybe not with the exact same material i'll grant you that
nenito2k is offline  
post #733 of 2101 Old 11-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
velvet396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 591
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 33
These are the settings I just dialed in for my HT-CT150. Pretty happy with the results for now. Hope this is the right place to post these.

Settings For Music:
Sound Field: Music
Center +3
Sub +2
Bass +6
Treble -1 or -2
velvet396 is offline  
post #734 of 2101 Old 11-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Member
 
satooine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does the HT-CT150 have dialog clarity issues for anyone else?

Listening to action, gunshots, etc. the surround effect works pretty well I think and it sounds great. But with dialog I hear more like, reverberations instead of the actual sound of someone's voice.
satooine is offline  
post #735 of 2101 Old 11-17-2010, 12:15 AM
Senior Member
 
nenito2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Africa
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
satooine...glad you like it....but no one has ever said that voices sound bad...these new sony's are known for offering good clarity on dialogue (unlike the 2008 ct100). Did you boost up dialogue (+3/4 as far as i read) and changed the setting
nenito2k is offline  
post #736 of 2101 Old 11-17-2010, 01:21 AM
Member
 
satooine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenito2k View Post

satooine...glad you like it....but no one has ever said that voices sound bad...these new sony's are known for offering good clarity on dialogue (unlike the 2008 ct100). Did you boost up dialogue (+3/4 as far as i read) and changed the setting

How do I boost the dialog? I tried increasing the center channel all the way up to 6 and playing with it, if that's what you mean, but same thing.

The only thing I've found that fixes it is switching the sound field mode to 2 channel stereo...which kind of defeats the purpose of the device.

It's not that I'm having trouble hearing the dialog, it's that the voices have too much of a deep 'bellowing' effect. I do have night mode on and I set DAC whatever to standard...that didn't seem to fix it, either.

Any ideas? I don't think my room setup is the issue, but it's in the left corner of my living room, which has hardwood floors, with the soundbar itself on my glass entertainment stand, and the sub next to it on the floor.
satooine is offline  
post #737 of 2101 Old 11-17-2010, 02:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
davyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: las vegas nevada
Posts: 4,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by satooine View Post

How do I boost the dialog? I tried increasing the center channel all the way up to 6 and playing with it, if that's what you mean, but same thing.

The only thing I've found that fixes it is switching the sound field mode to 2 channel stereo...which kind of defeats the purpose of the device.

It's not that I'm having trouble hearing the dialog, it's that the voices have too much of a deep 'bellowing' effect. I do have night mode on and I set DAC whatever to standard...that didn't seem to fix it, either.

Any ideas? I don't think my room setup is the issue, but it's in the left corner of my living room, which has hardwood floors, with the soundbar itself on my glass entertainment stand, and the sub next to it on the floor.

The soundbar "sitting" on your glass stand might be the problem,, putting a soundbar on a table kills the sound coming from any soundbar,,,, soundbars NEED to be above or on top of your display to really shine.

In almost ever case, placing a soundbar above ear level will GREATLY improve the sound,, a couch, a coffee table, bodies,,, and what ever else is at that level just distroys the sound coming from a soundbar.

Cheers
Davyo
davyo is offline  
post #738 of 2101 Old 11-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Senior Member
 
nenito2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Africa
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
davyo i don't think that advice will help him with voices....if he hears them wierdly....maybe he got a CT150 that has a problem, no one else complained. your advice was directed toward improving overall surround effect
nenito2k is offline  
post #739 of 2101 Old 11-17-2010, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
drfreeman60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 1,805
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 47
If voices are okay with 2-channel, I would start with that mode and make changes gradually. Reset all of the various settings to zero and see if it removes the reverberation you hear. Add surround, then work gradually towards improving clarity if necessary. This may mean lessening the surround effect or in some cases decreasing the center channel. The glass table could be the culprit, but if so, I would guess the effect would remain even with 2-channel.

David Freeman
drfreeman60 is offline  
post #740 of 2101 Old 11-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Senior Member
 
nenito2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Africa
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
davyo i don't think that advice will help him with voices....if he hears them wierdly....maybe he got a CT150 that has a problem, no one else complained. your advice was directed toward improving overall surround effect
nenito2k is offline  
post #741 of 2101 Old 11-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
Gotchaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

Sorry to bum a few people out but I have re-read these reviews a few times and I fail to see where there was a side by side comparison done.

The 150 was reviewed on Oct 24th and the 350 on Nov 5 and there is no mention of a side by side or for that matter Im not even really sure if the reviewer is saying the surround effect is better on the 350 than on the 150.

One of the main things I think that is important is how good a soundbar does at putting out a convincing surround effect,, yes,,, the review said the 350 sounded better but does that mean better overall or a better surround effect.

Sorry, but I dont see this as a side by side and by everything I have read it was not a side by side,,, and thats what myself and Im sure many on here are wanting to see a review about,,,,, a 150 and a 350 hooked up at the same time to the same source, in the same room and really listened to side by side.

Having owned the 150 (and I did like it very much) I am still wondering if the 350 produces a better surround effect or not,,, and neither of these reviews answered that as far as I can see after more than a few re-reads.

To be honest I find it a bit frustrating that after all this time no one has done a "real", "actual" side by side of these two Sonys at the "same time" in the "same room",,,,, Im almost tempted to go re-purchase another 150 and buy a 350 and do a review myself.

Cheers
Davyo

I've had both, traded in the 150 for the 350, I don't think there is a significant difference in the virtual surround effect. Your room may result in different mileage...I will say this, it's probably the best value surround bar performance wise. You simply get the best at this price point, be happy or go big IMHO...
Gotchaa is offline  
post #742 of 2101 Old 11-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Member
 
tsixp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotchaa View Post

I've had both, traded in the 150 for the 350, I don't think there is a significant difference in the virtual surround effect. Your room may result in different mileage...I will say this, it's probably the best value surround bar performance wise. You simply get the best at this price point, be happy or go big IMHO...

So, to be clear, in your opinion the 350 isn't worth the extra $$$?
tsixp is offline  
post #743 of 2101 Old 11-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
Gotchaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsixp View Post

So, to be clear, in your opinion the 350 isn't worth the extra $$$?

For me it was, because it was only a $50 difference buying the 150 from Fry's vs. the 350 online. I am pairing it with 60" TV.
Gotchaa is offline  
post #744 of 2101 Old 11-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Senior Member
 
nenito2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Africa
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
@Gotchaa if the CT150 is equal to the CT350. You should have just kept the cheaper one right??? or was it in your head??? put the 50$ and get the higher end model??
besides did you own both one at a time (as i understand that wzs the case) or did you put them side by side ?
anyway you state that they sound similar regarding surround effect...but the review says sound IS better in the CT350..

however like drfreeman said "unless they are side by side" no one would hear the difference!
nenito2k is offline  
post #745 of 2101 Old 11-19-2010, 02:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
Gotchaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenito2k View Post

@Gotchaa if the CT150 is equal to the CT350. You should have just kept the cheaper one right??? or was it in your head??? put the 50$ and get the higher end model??
besides did you own both one at a time (as i understand that wzs the case) or did you put them side by side ?
anyway you state that they sound similar regarding surround effect...but the review says sound IS better in the CT350..

however like drfreeman said "unless they are side by side" no one would hear the difference!

I did own both at the same time. I am sure the 350 is better, how much better is subjective as I did not measure or test side by side. This is a virtual surround bar, so no matter what a review says it's not going to be the same in your room/home.

For me I listened to the 150 and thought it was adequate, I decided to upgrade because of the 350 reviews. Could I actually remember the difference in sound between the two? No, for $50 difference it wasn't worth my time to do a side by side. I wasn't expecting it blow me away.

FWIW, It's not night and day difference, the only way to know would be a side by side comparison in the same room with the same material. I did not do that.

My wife has been playing COD BOPs on it all week and loves it. Does it compare to the Niro-1 or my 7.1 system, no, but for the price and look with the TV it's a good buy. If you have a 150 and are happy with it, don't upgrade.

If you are in the market to buy one, check the online prices of the 350, it may be worth the extra $ than buying it local. Either way, I think you'll be happy.
Gotchaa is offline  
post #746 of 2101 Old 11-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Member
 
tsixp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotchaa View Post

I did own both at the same time. I am sure the 350 is better, how much better is subjective as I did not measure or test side by side. This is a virtual surround bar, so no matter what a review says it's not going to be the same in your room/home.

For me I listened to the 150 and thought it was adequate, I decided to upgrade because of the 350 reviews. Could I actually remember the difference in sound between the two? No, for $50 difference it wasn't worth my time to do a side by side. I wasn't expecting it blow me away.

FWIW, It's not night and day difference, the only way to know would be a side by side comparison in the same room with the same material. I did not do that.

My wife has been playing COD BOPs on it all week and loves it. Does it compare to the Niro-1 or my 7.1 system, no, but for the price and look with the TV it's a good buy. If you have a 150 and are happy with it, don't upgrade.

If you are in the market to buy one, check the online prices of the 350, it may be worth the extra $ than buying it local. Either way, I think you'll be happy.

Thanks for your input. I'm still deciding on which model I should get. The price difference would be about $70 for me.
tsixp is offline  
post #747 of 2101 Old 11-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Member
 
satooine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I still haven't decided if I'm going to keep this or return it.

Playing with the settings hasn't really fixed the problem. While the CT150 is miles better than my TV speakers, my computer speakers (Bose Companion 3) have much better sound quality when it comes to vocals, just that they obviously have no surround effect.
satooine is offline  
post #748 of 2101 Old 11-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Newbie
 
JKL00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, I bought a the HT CT150 and I'm having a little trouble with getting audio from the TV to play through the SB. I went through the User Manual for both the devices but I can't seen to get any sound from TV to my SB. In the SB manual, it says I can connect HDMI with Digital Optical Cable but the TV I own (Philips 40PFL5505) only offers Digital Coaxial which is what I'm currently using with and HDMI cable to the ARC ouput of the SB.

Since I do not have a HD Digital Cable Box.. I'm just using cable from the wall output to the TV, then with HDMI and Digital Coaxial Cable from TV to SB. I then used the SpeakerEasyLink function on the TV to try and get audio out from the SB, but no luck. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong since I'm no expert in A/V. I do have a PS3 connected with HDMI from PS3 to SB, then HDMI from SB to TV and both Video and Audio work fine with this connection.

So now I'm just wondering if somebody can give me a hand or point me in the right direction so that I can get TV Audio to play from my SB instead of TV speakers. I want to do this because when I want to use my PS3, I have go to setup and change TV Speakers to SpeakerEasyLink so that I'd get audio using SB.. and when I switch to TV, I have to go back to setup again and change TV Speakers to ON just for sound and it's getting in my nerves..

Thanks in advance.
JKL00 is offline  
post #749 of 2101 Old 11-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Newbie
 
iwkua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The CT350 says that it has a mounting bracket which is compatible with the following TVs: KDL-EX600, KDL-EX700, KDL-NX800, KDL-HX800, KDL-LX900. Does anyone know if it works with the 46" EX500?
Thanks
iwkua is offline  
post #750 of 2101 Old 11-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Member
 
satooine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL00 View Post

Hello all, I bought a the HT CT150 and I'm having a little trouble with getting audio from the TV to play through the SB. I went through the User Manual for both the devices but I can't seen to get any sound from TV to my SB. In the SB manual, it says I can connect HDMI with Digital Optical Cable but the TV I own (Philips 40PFL5505) only offers Digital Coaxial which is what I'm currently using with and HDMI cable to the ARC ouput of the SB.

Since I do not have a HD Digital Cable Box.. I'm just using cable from the wall output to the TV, then with HDMI and Digital Coaxial Cable from TV to SB. I then used the SpeakerEasyLink function on the TV to try and get audio out from the SB, but no luck. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong since I'm no expert in A/V. I do have a PS3 connected with HDMI from PS3 to SB, then HDMI from SB to TV and both Video and Audio work fine with this connection.

So now I'm just wondering if somebody can give me a hand or point me in the right direction so that I can get TV Audio to play from my SB instead of TV speakers. I want to do this because when I want to use my PS3, I have go to setup and change TV Speakers to SpeakerEasyLink so that I'd get audio using SB.. and when I switch to TV, I have to go back to setup again and change TV Speakers to ON just for sound and it's getting in my nerves..

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I'm not sure about the digital coax problem, but I have a PS3 and are you having the same issue with vocals I've written about here? It's especially bad with Uncharted 2, like the voices in the cut scenes. Did you just leave the PS3 defaults or you manually selected DD5.1, DTS, etc.?
satooine is offline  
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off