Sony HT-CT150 and CT350 - Page 52 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1531 of 2097 Old 06-13-2011, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
davyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: las vegas nevada
Posts: 4,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenito2k View Post

well hi all....really wanted to buy the CT350....but as it is now sony never sold this unit in my country. Tomorrow i will pick up the yamaha s400 (the only other interesting choice i have here)

Hope i will not be deceived......as davyo was.....as i read YOTR really enyoyed the s400...

What country are you in ?

Hopefully you will have better luck with the S400 than I did,,, perhaps I got a bad one or something.

The first Sony CT-350 I got was a bad unit and the second one I got is perfect.
Returned the first 350 because of the lip sync issue and when I got the second 350 not only was the lip sync issue resolved but the surround effect of the second 350 was a night and day difference from the first 350 I had purchased, had it not been for the lip sync issue on the first 350 I would have had no idea on how good the surround effect is.

So perhaps I got a bad S400 that the surround wasnt working on.

Cheers
Davyo
davyo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1532 of 2097 Old 06-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Senior Member
 
nenito2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Africa
Posts: 440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
davyo..just set up my S400....
i am kinda dissapointed a little (even if in North africa choice is SMALL...)

Bluray movies in bitstream or PCM seems to sound worse that japanimation encoded in AAC/mp3 !!!!!

That is just mad...i mean a 115kbs 2.0 soundtracks that sounds better than 5.1 DTS ????

Videogames also sound good.
No surround here neither...however the bass does fill the whole room..and once i tough it was a earthquake during "AGORA".
Anyway bar sounds better on top of tv so i will have to look into that.
Will update in 96h or so...when the s400 opens up more

one thing that stunned me in a bad way is voice.....there are NOT that better than my TV !!!! i dunno i am shocked ! anyway see you soon
nenito2k is offline  
post #1533 of 2097 Old 06-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Member
 
cruisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just hooked up the sound bar and am playing toy story 3 in my ps3. To confirm the ps3 should be showing Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch to confirm that its working correctlly?

EDITL BTW what are the best sound settings for the PS3 slim?
cruisx is offline  
post #1534 of 2097 Old 06-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Newbie
 
rg1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does it make a difference if I use 1.3 or 1.4 HDMI to connect my CT350?

I know the 1.4 is required for 3D video, but does that matter at all for sound?
rg1234 is offline  
post #1535 of 2097 Old 06-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Member
 
cruisx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any way to reset to default settings on the sub?
cruisx is offline  
post #1536 of 2097 Old 06-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Member
 
bmac1632's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisx View Post

Any way to reset to default settings on the sub?

Doesn't say how in the manual except for a hard reset of the system.

Anyone know if the soundbar works with a Logitech Harmony remote?
bmac1632 is offline  
post #1537 of 2097 Old 06-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Member
 
trophybuck135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would like to know how to get into the menu of the ct-350. I have my bar setup as follows:

HDMI from tv to sub
Toslink from tv to sub

HDMI from cable box to sub
Toslink from cable box to sub

Sony bdp-s350 HDMI to sub

When I press the blue menu button on the sony soundbar remote it changes my input from cable to blu ray home screen

I unplugged my bluray hdmi from the back of the sub and it does nothing when I push the blue menu button

I have read and read the manual and spent 4 hours chatting with 5 different people on sony chat support and I am really about ready to explode

Thanks
trophybuck135 is offline  
post #1538 of 2097 Old 06-17-2011, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
subavision212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Just a quick question. Just hooked up my 150 (everything via HDMI) to my Panasonic 42ST30 and while watching ESPN US Open coverage display on 150 was indicating Dolby Digital. My question is from reading through the thread if I press display button on remote am I supposed to be seeing anything else on the 150 display other than the DD logo, like 5.1? There was some mention of a blue 5.1 indicator showing up. Not sure if that's something that's only on the 350 or what. Also, I'm assuming from reading the manual that there isn't supposed to be anything showing up on my actual TV screen when I hit display, just the front of the 150, correct? Otherwise, things seem fine and like the SQ. thanks much.

subavision212 is offline  
post #1539 of 2097 Old 06-18-2011, 05:47 AM
Member
 
jmar55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac1632 View Post

Doesn't say how in the manual except for a hard reset of the system.

Anyone know if the soundbar works with a Logitech Harmony remote?

I have a 350 and it works well with a Logitech Harmony One remote.
jmar55 is offline  
post #1540 of 2097 Old 06-18-2011, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
subavision212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Well, actually figured it out for myself by changing a few settings in the blu-ray player and the 150. Everything shows up and is working right. This is actually a pretty nice soundbar that seems to fit perfectly with my living room. A bit startling to such big sound when watching both TV and movies after using the display speakers. At first it was like, what just broke but realized it was just a far better SQ field. After a few tweaks, it sounds very nice.

subavision212 is offline  
post #1541 of 2097 Old 06-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Member
 
Jazzspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by subavision212 View Post

Well, actually figured it out for myself by changing a few settings in the blu-ray player and the 150. Everything shows up and is working right. This is actually a pretty nice soundbar that seems to fit perfectly with my living room. A bit startling to such big sound when watching both TV and movies after using the display speakers. At first it was like, what just broke but realized it was just a far better SQ field. After a few tweaks, it sounds very nice.

Good to know you've gotten your 150 to work properly. Can you share with us what settings you had to make on you BD player and the 150 to correct your earlier problem?
Jazzspot is offline  
post #1542 of 2097 Old 06-18-2011, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Possumgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SoCal (L.A. area)
Posts: 1,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by trophybuck135 View Post

I would like to know how to get into the menu of the ct-350. I have my bar setup as follows:

HDMI from tv to sub
Toslink from tv to sub

HDMI from cable box to sub
Toslink from cable box to sub

Sony bdp-s350 HDMI to sub

When I press the blue menu button on the sony soundbar remote it changes my input from cable to blu ray home screen

I unplugged my bluray hdmi from the back of the sub and it does nothing when I push the blue menu button

I have read and read the manual and spent 4 hours chatting with 5 different people on sony chat support and I am really about ready to explode

Thanks

From reading your post, I'm not sure what you are trying to do or are expecting to happen. I also don't understand your connections, but that's a separate issue.

The only "menu" for the CT350 itself are the items displayed on the front of the sub. The MENU button on the remote is supposed to bring up the menu for a selected Sony component. Since you said it does bring up the home screen for your BD player, it sounds like it does what it's supposed to do. Needless to say, if the BD player is not connected, nothing is going to happen.

Now about how you have things connected: Why would you have both HDMI and Toslink from the cable box to the sub? You only need to use HDMI. Same question regarding Toslink from TV to sub. If you are not using the TV's internal tuner and/or nothing is connected directly to the TV, and/or your TV supports ARC, you don't need that Toslink.
Possumgirl is offline  
post #1543 of 2097 Old 06-18-2011, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
subavision212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzspot View Post

Good to know you've gotten your 150 to work properly. Can you share with us what settings you had to make on you BD player and the 150 to correct your earlier problem?

No problem. Soon as I get home tonight I will post them since I can't remember them off-hand here at work.

subavision212 is offline  
post #1544 of 2097 Old 06-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Member
 
trophybuck135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you for the reply, I was trying to adjust the settings like center, sub, bass, trebble, etc. and assumed that was done through menu. I went back to the manual and see you have to go through amp menu to adjust those settings.

My TV is a samsung ln46c670 but it does not have ARC

What is the optimal way to set it up in my case? I currently only need to use cable box and blu ray but sometimes I plug my xbox 360 and laptop into the tv both with HDMI?

Since my TV hdmi's do not have ARC will I only be able to get 2.1 and never uncompressed audio? (read that earlier in the thread)

What should I do?

Thanks all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

From reading your post, I'm not sure what you are trying to do or are expecting to happen. I also don't understand your connections, but that's a separate issue.

The only "menu" for the CT350 itself are the items displayed on the front of the sub. The MENU button on the remote is supposed to bring up the menu for a selected Sony component. Since you said it does bring up the home screen for your BD player, it sounds like it does what it's supposed to do. Needless to say, if the BD player is not connected, nothing is going to happen.

Now about how you have things connected: Why would you have both HDMI and Toslink from the cable box to the sub? You only need to use HDMI. Same question regarding Toslink from TV to sub. If you are not using the TV's internal tuner and/or nothing is connected directly to the TV, and/or your TV supports ARC, you don't need that Toslink.

trophybuck135 is offline  
post #1545 of 2097 Old 06-18-2011, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Possumgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SoCal (L.A. area)
Posts: 1,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by trophybuck135 View Post

Thank you for the reply, I was trying to adjust the settings like center, sub, bass, trebble, etc. and assumed that was done through menu. I went back to the manual and see you have to go through amp menu to adjust those settings.

My TV is a samsung ln46c670 but it does not have ARC

What is the optimal way to set it up in my case? I currently only need to use cable box and blu ray but sometimes I plug my xbox 360 and laptop into the tv both with HDMI?

Since my TV hdmi's do not have ARC will I only be able to get 2.1 and never uncompressed audio? (read that earlier in the thread)

What should I do?

Thanks all

Glad you figured out the AMP menu. For connections, I recommend you connect the cable box and BD player to the sub via HDMI. No need for toslink. That leaves you one unused HDMI port. Connect the xbox there via HDMI. Again, no toslink needed. For the laptop you've got a choice. 1) disconnect the xbox for the times you want to use the laptop, or 2) connect laptop to TV in which case you will need to connect toslink from TV to sub. You are correct that you can only get 2 ch. audio from TV over toslink for any device connected via HDMI to TV. That would be true even if the TV did have ARC.
Possumgirl is offline  
post #1546 of 2097 Old 06-18-2011, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
subavision212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzspot View Post

Good to know you've gotten your 150 to work properly. Can you share with us what settings you had to make on you BD player and the 150 to correct your earlier problem?

I set my 150 up with my cable, blu-ray and Roku going HDMI in to the 150 then out to my HDMI/ARC input on my Panasonic 42ST30 because I only have three HDMI inputs on the display. This works great because now I have freed up two of them for future use. Some people in this thread have said it's better to hook everything to your display and into the HDMI/ARC output on the 150 somehow thinking there is degradation or something in the PQ doing it the way I am. But I've got to say after looking closely at the PQ through all three components there is absolutely no loss of quality on any of them. But I guess it's a personal preference so go with what works with your setup. Anyway, I was having a problem with having the proper audio icons displaying on the 150 and found that setting both Dolby Digital and DTS settings in the Digital Audio menu on my Panasonic DMP-BDT110 blu-ray player to bitstream, then turning off secondary audio and then making sure that under SET HDMI on the 150 that PASS THRU was set to AUTO that everything was displayed and worked perfectly. It's interesting that there seems to not be any type of explanation on what the PASS THRU setting does or how to set it anywhere in the manual and I've looked a lot. Maybe I missed it. I popped in the dvd of Daylight with the DTS audio track and the DTS icon was lit, when I pressed Display, 5.1 was indicated and let me tell you, the DTS intro on the disc reverberated through the living room. Same with the dvd of Day After Tomorrow. DD icon came up and 5.1 was indicated. I originally had the PASS THRU set to ON but then only LPCM was being indicated on the front of the 150 and when I hit the Display button, no speaker setup was being indicated for any input I was watching. I also have the AUDIO ARC set to standard since that supposedly reproduces the sound track with the range that was intended when recorded. Not sure how scientific that was but it's all working properly now so hope that helps people who are trying to get things set up the way they like it.

subavision212 is offline  
post #1547 of 2097 Old 06-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Member
 
trophybuck135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hey folks, I have a samsung tv and set it up initially with anynet+ on and I finally figured out how to turn it off except now I do not get a visual on the TV when I use the sound bar remote to adjust the volume it is only visible on the sub.

Also when I use the tv remote it adjusts the volume on the TV and not the soundbar like it did when that anynet+ was set to on.

I do not like that anynet+ because it changes inputs when you do not want it to for me anyway

Thanks
trophybuck135 is offline  
post #1548 of 2097 Old 06-18-2011, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Possumgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SoCal (L.A. area)
Posts: 1,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by subavision212 View Post

Anyway, I was having a problem with having the proper audio icons displaying on the 150 and found that setting both Dolby Digital and DTS settings in the Digital Audio menu on my Panasonic DMP-BDT110 blu-ray player to bitstream, then turning off secondary audio and then making sure that under SET HDMI on the 150 that PASS THRU was set to AUTO that everything was displayed and worked perfectly. It's interesting that there seems to not be any type of explanation on what the PASS THRU setting does or how to set it anywhere in the manual and I've looked a lot. Maybe I missed it. ..(snip) I originally had the PASS THRU set to ON but then only LPCM was being indicated on the front of the 150 and when I hit the Display button, no speaker setup was being indicated for any input I was watching. I also have the AUDIO ARC set to standard since that supposedly reproduces the sound track with the range that was intended when recorded. Not sure how scientific that was but it's all working properly now so hope that helps people who are trying to get things set up the way they like it.

The description of Pass Thru is hidden in the Bravia section but it's not explained very well. What it is really meant for is so you can turn the soundbar off and have audio sent to the TV speakers. With AUTO it apparently only does it if the bar is off, but based on your description it sounds like the ON setting sends audio to the TV even with the bar is turned on. And then ARC sent 2 ch. stereo back (or something like that).

BTW, I think you meant AUDIO DRC set to standard. All these dang acronyms.

You can have your BD player set to output either bitstream or LPCM. Since the CT can't decode the HD audio formats, with LPCM the player will decode and send the entire 7.1 tracks to the CT. Whether that makes any difference in what you hear over the core tracks is unknown though.
Possumgirl is offline  
post #1549 of 2097 Old 06-18-2011, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
subavision212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

The description of Pass Thru is hidden in the Bravia section but it's not explained very well. What it is really meant for is so you can turn the soundbar off and have audio sent to the TV speakers. With AUTO it apparently only does it if the bar is off, but based on your description it sounds like the ON setting sends audio to the TV even with the bar is turned on. And then ARC sent 2 ch. stereo back (or something like that).

BTW, I think you meant AUDIO DRC set to standard. All these dang acronyms.

You can have your BD player set to output either bitstream or LPCM. Since the CT can't decode the HD audio formats, with LPCM the player will decode and send the entire 7.1 tracks to the CT. Whether that makes any difference in what you hear over the core tracks is unknown though.

Yes, thanks for catching that. I found the section and even after reading it, it still seems clear as mud what the setting is for except to save power. I did try setting the digital audio output on my blu-ray player to PCM but that's when I started having display problems. The LPCM icon would light up but when pushing the Display button on the remote no speaker configuration would be displayed until I changed it back to bitstream. I'm definitely no expert when it comes to audio but maybe I was getting the 5.1 track ( I assume that's why LPCM was lit up) but it just wasn't registering on the display for some reason when using the remote. I watched a movie from Netflix on my Roku tonight and since the Roku will only do 2.0 right now, LPCM was lit as was the ProLogic II icon, which I'm assuming was correct. Still sounded good through the 150, though.

subavision212 is offline  
post #1550 of 2097 Old 06-21-2011, 05:48 AM
Newbie
 
rhorne0076's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quick ARC question. I recently bought an open box CT-350 at BB for $180! I have a 2008 Samsung LN46A650 LCD tv with NO ARC. First, I hooked up my comcast HD DVR to the CT-350 via HDMI and my PS3 to the CT-350 via HDMI. Then I hooked up the CT-350 to my Samsung TV with no ARC via HDMI to the input 1 on my TV. I am able to turn off my tv and CT-350 with the power button on both the tv remote and the CT-350 remote.

Next, I tried hooking up my comcast HD DVR to the CT-350 via optical, and the PS3 to the CT-350 via optical. I also have the comcast HD DVR to the TV via HDMI for video only, and the PS3 to the tv via HDMI for video only.

Am I missing any audio or video quality when hooking up all components directly to the CT-350 via HDMI and then CT-350 to my tv via HDMI even though my TV does NOT have ARC? I think I like having the CT-350 as a switch for my HDMI sources.
rhorne0076 is offline  
post #1551 of 2097 Old 06-21-2011, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Possumgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SoCal (L.A. area)
Posts: 1,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhorne0076 View Post
Quick ARC question. I recently bought an open box CT-350 at BB for $180! I have a 2008 Samsung LN46A650 LCD tv with NO ARC. First, I hooked up my comcast HD DVR to the CT-350 via HDMI and my PS3 to the CT-350 via HDMI. Then I hooked up the CT-350 to my Samsung TV with no ARC via HDMI to the input 1 on my TV. I am able to turn off my tv and CT-350 with the power button on both the tv remote and the CT-350 remote.

Next, I tried hooking up my comcast HD DVR to the CT-350 via optical, and the PS3 to the CT-350 via optical. I also have the comcast HD DVR to the TV via HDMI for video only, and the PS3 to the tv via HDMI for video only.

Am I missing any audio or video quality when hooking up all components directly to the CT-350 via HDMI and then CT-350 to my tv via HDMI even though my TV does NOT have ARC? I think I like having the CT-350 as a switch for my HDMI sources.
You don't need ARC. I think you're not understanding what it does. ARC=audio return channel. If you use your TV's internal tuner and/or have components connected to the TV, ARC eliminates the need to use optical out from the TV in order to pass audio to an external A/V system.

Connect as you did in the first place. HDMI direct to the CT350 and HDMI from CT350 to TV. You get the best possible audio and video that way.

BTW you got a good score on the price. Enjoy!!
Possumgirl is offline  
post #1552 of 2097 Old 06-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Member
 
Jazzspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I assume I don't need the ARC feature on my TV? Simply connect to my HDMI-1 port on my TV?
Since my new plasma doesn't have the ARC feature on any of the 4 HDMI inputs, what is the best connection connectivity I should use with my recently purchased CT350? My plasma TV is the Samsung PN51D550. It does have optical out.
Jazzspot is offline  
post #1553 of 2097 Old 06-22-2011, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Possumgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SoCal (L.A. area)
Posts: 1,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzspot View Post

So I assume I don't need the ARC feature on my TV? Simply connect to my HDMI-1 port on my TV?
Since my new plasma doesn't have the ARC feature on any of the 4 HDMI inputs, what is the best connection connectivity I should use with my recently purchased CT350? My plasma TV is the Samsung PN51D550. It does have optical out.

Refer to the post just above yours . Connect your components to the CT350 via HDMI. Connect HDMI from the CT350 to HDMI 1 port on the TV. That's all there is to it. Turn off the TV speakers or set the TV to external audio if that choice is available to you.
Possumgirl is offline  
post #1554 of 2097 Old 06-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Member
 
Jazzspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

Refer to the post just above yours . Connect your components to the CT350 via HDMI. Connect HDMI from the CT350 to HDMI 1 port on the TV. That's all there is to it. Turn off the TV speakers or set the TV to external audio if that choice is available to you.

Thank you Possumgirl! I thought that was the correct way for the connectivity to be done, I just needed reassurance since my TV doesn't have ARC.
Jazzspot is offline  
post #1555 of 2097 Old 06-23-2011, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
davyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: las vegas nevada
Posts: 4,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok,, I have done a search and did not find an answer.

Im having lip sync issue's with "some" of my BluRays and "some" of my Dish channels.

The sync option on my CT350 does not fix the problem.

One of my BluRay's was so out of sync it was like watching a Japanese Godzilla movie from the 60's.

Why would the Sony have problems on only "some" BluRays and only "some" HD Dish channels ?

What is the fix ???

Thanks much in advance
CHeers
Davyo
davyo is offline  
post #1556 of 2097 Old 06-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Member
 
Jazzspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are you using at the minimum HDMI 1.3 cables from all devices to the CT350 and from the CT350 to the TV? I assume that you are. Just wondering if that could be the issue.
Or can it be how you power on your equipment? Maybe CT350 first, BD player second, Sat box third, TV last? Just really guessing.

Here a one person's issues with sync problems, but his Sat Box exhibits no sync issues.
Interestingly, after further investigation, it seems that this problem only occurs on discs which have DTS and DTS HD soundtracks. Discs with Dolby 5.1 or Dolby TrueHD do not have any audio lag. This would explain why the satellite receiver does not exhibit this problem, since the HD satellite channels' sound is Dolby 5.1.
So the question is, how can I fix this half-second delay that the DTS soundtracks have? About half of our Blu-ray discs use DTS rather than Dolby, and are completely unwatchable at the moment
Jazzspot is offline  
post #1557 of 2097 Old 06-23-2011, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
davyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: las vegas nevada
Posts: 4,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzspot View Post

Are you using at the minimum HDMI 1.3 cables from all devices to the CT350 and from the CT350 to the TV? I assume that you are. Just wondering if that could be the issue.
Or can it be how you power on your equipment? Maybe CT350 first, BD player second, Sat box third, TV last? Just really guessing.

Here a one person's issues with sync problems, but his Sat Box exhibits no sync issues.
Interestingly, after further investigation, it seems that this problem only occurs on discs which have DTS and DTS HD soundtracks. Discs with Dolby 5.1 or Dolby TrueHD do not have any audio lag. This would explain why the satellite receiver does not exhibit this problem, since the HD satellite channels' sound is Dolby 5.1.
So the question is, how can I fix this half-second delay that the DTS soundtracks have? About half of our Blu-ray discs use DTS rather than Dolby, and are completely unwatchable at the moment

Yep,, using 1.4 HDMI cables,,, DTS or Dolby soundtracks both do and do not have lip sync issue's, the issue is not format specific (DTS vs Dolby).

As far as which components I turn on first and in which order I dont think that would make a difference as the sync issue is random.

Cheers
Davyo
davyo is offline  
post #1558 of 2097 Old 06-24-2011, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
davyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: las vegas nevada
Posts: 4,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok,,,, if no one can help me out with my lip sync issue then I will just have to go out and buy a Bose,,,,, I swear I'll do it !!!!!!!!!


Cheers
Davyo
davyo is offline  
post #1559 of 2097 Old 06-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Member
 
Jazzspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

Ok,,,, if no one can help me out with my lip sync issue then I will just have to go out and buy a Bose,,,,, I swear I'll do it !!!!!!!!!
Cheers
Davyo

Oh noooo!!
Has this always been happening since you've been using your CT350? Did you have this issue with your previous sound bar? Nothing out of the ordinary with the settings on the BD player, Dish box, or CT350?
I would power everything off and unplug those sources for a minute.
Are all of your HDMI cables that are connected to the CT350 from your BD player and Dish box, the same make and model that is connected your TV? Other then the power up sequence that I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm about out of suggestions.
In the meantime, I heard that Big Lots stores has a great sale starting tomorrow on Bose systems!
Jazzspot is offline  
post #1560 of 2097 Old 06-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Member
 
StoneD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Bose before Hose.
StoneD is offline  
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off