Forum Jump: 

post #2101 of 2102 Old 07-25-2014, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streifer View Post
So, in other words, there is no such thing as Prologic II encoding. Instead, if you use Handbrake, for instance, to transcode or rip a video to have a Prologic II audio track, all Handbrake is doing is adding info or flags that tell the receiver to decode the 2-channel audio track as a multi-channel audio track (i.e, simulate a surround track)?

That would explain why my receiver shows LPCM whenever it plays a ProLogic II track.
I'm a little out of my depth on this one (DaverJ has more on the encoding question above). I was coming at this from the standpoint of reading that PLII could be applied to any two channel source and watching how the CT-100 handled various signal types; my experience with PLII has always been in the post-processing realm.

I had one case where a Dolby 1.0 track was, disappointingly, coming out of the center channel only. So I set my dvd player to output PCM, which arrived at the CT100 as a 2 channel, L/R mono signal...which was then "eligible" for the ProLogicII process (meeting the 2 channel requirement for PLII). I kicked the 100 into MOVIE mode, the unit reported "PCM" with PLII in play...and a previously very thin sounding track was now being processed into fake surround with a much stronger low end. I'm not sure every DVD or Blu-ray player would ouput Dolby 1.0 as 2 channel PCM in PCM mode, but it's worth a shot if you ever get saddled with the dreaded DD 1.0 scenario.

In addition to 2 channel PCM tracks, you should also be able to see PLII engage for 2 channel Dolby sources on your 150 in any of the modes where PLII is supported.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 2102 Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My hdmi cable went bad that was connected from my cable box to the 150 sub i changed it and now i lost my connection between the two with my remote i use to use my cable remote for everything except for changing inputs

I dont remember if i had to do anything special to get this to work right i set it up 3 years ago and havnt had an issue had a bad cable today put the new cable now i cant do anything with the cable remote it only controls the tv doesnt control the soundbar volume like it did and wont turn on both together like it did

how do i get this to sync back up?
Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page