Samsung HW-C450 / HW-C451 "AudioBars" - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 205 Old 09-17-2010, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
FYI, you can use Google translate. It does a somewhat respectable job; at least enough to get the general idea of what it says. This is my favorite quote from the page:
Quote:

Si vous avez l'habitude d'├ęcouter un film dans une grotte, vous vous sentirez comme chez vous. If you're used to listen to a movie in a cave, you'll feel right at home.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 205 Old 09-18-2010, 06:50 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
yes possum....i speak french and that sentence just says it all. It is crazy to purchase this item, for the same price i would say ANY soundbar in the marker is better!
never liked samsung in audio anyway
post #93 of 205 Old 09-19-2010, 05:23 PM

Liked: 10
I am curious as to what most of you are using for the sound effects setting:

-Pass
-Cimema
-Music
-etc

I normally set mine and leave it for everything (TV, movies,etc)......right now leaving on "PASS".

thx
post #94 of 205 Old 09-20-2010, 09:57 AM

I use cinema for everything.
PS3, tv, Blu-Ray, Music
post #95 of 205 Old 09-21-2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmodel88 View Post

I use cinema for everything.
PS3, tv, Blu-Ray, Music

Thanks....I am going to try and leave Cinema on and see if I like it. At first listen, it seems to be a bit louder and fuller sound than "Pass".
post #96 of 205 Old 09-23-2010, 04:27 PM
krs

Liked: 11
Don't the French say that everything sucks, generally?

I have the HW-C450 in use with my 2010 LN63 series 46" TV and find it to be a usable addition for the dollars spent.

No, it's not fullbore stuff and doesn't pretend to be but it does a good job of overcoming the limitations of newer flat screen skinny TVs that don't have room for sophisticated sound output devices (not that TVs ever did).

I'm finding it to work best to my taste when in the "pass" mode. It adds an adjustable level base driver and I can still tailor sound using the TV menu offerrings. I like that the woofer is wireless except for it's wall plug wire.

The subwoofer does get pretty boomy at levels beyond the "SW2" output, IMO, but if I watched rock concerts on TV I'd have bought more elaborate equipment to hear it.

I think that the 'cinema' setting is overdriven and there seems to be a circuit designed to attempt to recreate big theatre sound. Like most such devices it fails pretty miserably, again IMO.

For much better TV sound, given that TV sound is not usually all that great, this Samsung bar does the job with Samsung televisions. It doesn't stand alone - it's an addition to the TV set sound. Expectations of more than that are unrealistic.

Yeah, it goes on with the TV power and off again after a while when TV is turned off. No big deal that it delays.
post #97 of 205 Old 09-27-2010, 11:46 AM

Has anyone heard anything about a firware update fixing the Not Available message when using the tv remote volume (from a Samsung TV, with the internal speakers off).
It's really annoying having the huge message accros the tv screen.
I called samsung and they said that many people are complaining about that, but they don't know a solution, (our developers are looking into it).

Hopefully someone knows more about it then me and the lonely samsung csr.
post #98 of 205 Old 09-29-2010, 06:03 AM

I have the 450 with my Samsung LED and have been pretty happy with it......only issue, is there a way to LOCK the sound mode so it is always on the same setting every time it powers on???
post #99 of 205 Old 10-02-2010, 01:33 PM

Have the 451 which I'm real happy with and been trying to purchase an accessory for it that was mentioned in the same Samung news/blurb as the 450//451 sound bars back in March b/4 they were available. The accessory is the HT-WDC10 Wireless Dock for Ipod/Iphone which is to be used with these sound bars. It was supposed to be available around May. Samsung and has been clueless for months on this product and I can't seem find it anywhere else. I checked with JNJ Intl which sells parts/accessories for Samsung and they have no idea. Anyone else know anything more on this? Thanks.
post #100 of 205 Old 10-19-2010, 08:23 AM

Im getting one of these tommorrow. My questions is once everyting is set up what do you do to the TV. Do you put it on Mute or this an option so the TV speakers stay tunred off?
post #101 of 205 Old 10-19-2010, 06:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Samsung TV?
post #102 of 205 Old 10-19-2010, 08:56 PM

I recently purchased this soundbar. My question is what audio output should i set on my ps3 linear pcm or bitstream(direct or mix) . It is connected to my ps3 through an optic cable.
post #103 of 205 Old 11-15-2010, 02:41 AM

It has been a while since I've posted on AVS and just recently we upgrades our AV setup. I've been lurking on all the different brands, opinions, and pricing for some of the known soundbars. I was in a toss up between JVC, Vizio, and Samsung. All got good reviews so I will not bore y'all. Anyways I love the look of the Samsung as Vizio was right behind then JVC and I've been finding some good pricing for the Vizio and JVC on the net. So after 2 days and 14 hours later I found a place that is selling the C450 for $250 FS included.

I must say I am excited to find this price and it will look so awesome with our new LG 50PK950.
post #104 of 205 Old 11-17-2010, 09:32 PM

I just recently purchased a 55inch Samsung LED TV and would now like to upgrade the sound. I don't like the "messiness" of loose wires and the soundbar concept is very appealing to me.

In researching this Forum it appears the Sony CT-150 & the JVC BA1 have received very favorable reviews from the senior and experienced members of this forum of which their opinions matter greatly to me.

However, I am leaning towards the Samsung C450 soundbar only because most importantly it's compatibility/functionality with my Samsung TV (eg. one remote, turns on/off with TV, etc) would be convenient.

Is my logic correct or base on the way the Sony or JVC soundbar is hooked up to my Samsung TV (eg HDMI or Optical) I could also get the same functionality as with the Samsung soundbar.

Thank you
post #105 of 205 Old 11-18-2010, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
You should be able to get the same functionality with the Sony, not the JVC.

David Freeman
post #106 of 205 Old 11-18-2010, 07:15 PM

Thx, that is good news, would you know if the Sony can handle International voltage as I live in Thailand.

If so, I''m planning a trip to New York soon so I'll stop by the local Best Buy or Sound City to pick one up
post #107 of 205 Old 11-18-2010, 10:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless999 View Post

I just recently purchased a 55inch Samsung LED TV and would now like to upgrade the sound. I don't like the "messiness" of loose wires and the soundbar concept is very appealing to me.

In researching this Forum it appears the Sony CT-150 & the JVC BA1 have received very favorable reviews from the senior and experienced members of this forum of which their opinions matter greatly to me.

However, I am leaning towards the Samsung C450 soundbar only because most importantly it's compatibility/functionality with my Samsung TV (eg. one remote, turns on/off with TV, etc) would be convenient.

Is my logic correct or base on the way the Sony or JVC soundbar is hooked up to my Samsung TV (eg HDMI or Optical) I could also get the same functionality as with the Samsung soundbar.

Thank you

You'll have better luck with the HT-CT150 and HDMI-CEC since there will actually be a control protocol between the two.
post #108 of 205 Old 11-19-2010, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless999 View Post

Thx, that is good news, would you know if the Sony can handle International voltage as I live in Thailand.

If so, I''m planning a trip to New York soon so I'll stop by the local Best Buy or Sound City to pick one up

No idea, check with Sony support unless you know and trust the salesman where you intend to buy. Some of these cowboys can be misleading on purpose, others just because they are clueless. There are also many knowledgeable salesmen in retail who will gladly give you sound advice, so do not take that as a slur to BB or SC. I just know that sometimes I overhear things being told to customers as gospel that is not in the same zip code as accuracy.

David Freeman
post #109 of 205 Old 11-22-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfreeman60 View Post

The soundbar is 2.1 and your TV can only output 2.1 from sources connected digitally (HDMI) due to DRM issues.

I have not owned or tried the Samsung, but have owned three other soundbars (Yamaha / Sony / Vizio). I tested each with direct feeds from the TV as well as direct feeds from DVD and Blu-Ray players. My ears are 59 years old and certainly not golden these days if they ever were. But neither I, nor my wife, nor my son (25) nor his wife could hear any differences that were verifiable when switching between the two for any of the soundbars.

However, if you look at the JVC-BA1 thread, Daveyo says that there a vast difference when feeding the JVC bitstream (5.1) audio direct over the 2.1 coming when all of his components are connected through the TV.

If you can adjust the input (or output) levels to match and can hear a true difference, I say go with connecting the Blu-Ray direct. Otherwise, make your life less complicated and allow your television to be your video/audio switcher.

I'm glad to hear that's the case. I may just end up keeping my JVC TH-BA1 soundbar if it sounds good enough to me. I'm a surround sound noob, and my condo is such that I can't wire rear speakers anyway because of the vaulted ceilings etc.
post #110 of 205 Old 11-23-2010, 12:08 AM

Hi, I am new to this gforum and i write from Italy.
I own the HW-C450 and i like it a lot, buto yesterday evening i had a "proiblem" that mi am going to explain.

SO:

My TV is Samsung 6 Series LED 55" (UE55C6000RP)
My. Blu-Ray Player is Samsung BD-C5500
My. soundbar is Samsung HW-C450.

My blu-ray player is connected to TV with HDMI cable.
The soundbar is connected to TV wit optical cable on its input 1
On the soundbar Optical 2 and analogue input are not connected to anything, so there is not a connection between bluray and sounbar.

The TV is set to use ONLY external speaker.

Watcchin a blu ray yesterday evening, all of a sudden the audio went mute...
I did not understand why, then, checking what was going on i noticed on the dound bar thet the lcd display showed DIGI.2 (Optical output 2).
I switched to DIGI 1 and the sound was ok again.
So! Is it possible that the output switched automatically from 1 to 2 automatically? And why? Anyone else had issues like this?

Second Question: Sometimes at night, when all is very quiet, i feel like a noise coming from the soundbar assuming it is on and with no audio signal... chenging the volume does not increase or decrease the noise, so i assume it is a normal electric "buzz" not related to soundbar issues...
But i like someone to confirm that it is normal to hear thet VERY VERY low noise. In normal environment it does not at all afffect audio experience.

Thank you in advance and sorry for my poor english

PAolo
post #111 of 205 Old 11-23-2010, 07:58 AM

The switch to audio 2 is what I call the ghost of the 450.
I have the same problem once in a while (not too often).
Many users have the same thing.
My bigger concern is the Not Available message on the samsung tv when using the volume controls from the tv remote. It's supposed to work in conjunction to the soundbar.
Anyone know know of a patch/update that will correct that?

It's kind of stupid that using both Samsung products act like that together. They want us to buy multiple products fromt hem to reduce remotes, but things like this happen.
post #112 of 205 Old 11-23-2010, 08:38 AM

well... on my system (all samsung) my tv remote controls the soundbar correctly.
If in the tv menu speaker tv are selected the tv remote increases/decreases both tv and soundbar volume together.
if in the tv menu the sppeaker are set to external speakers only then the tv remote controls the soundbar and the tv speaker is muted.

I thing this is the correct behaviour for the sistem
Is this that you guys are pointing as an issue?
post #113 of 205 Old 11-23-2010, 10:20 AM

Actually, on all of these units with a samsung tv, if the tv speakers are disabled and you use the tv remote to move the soundbar volume then the volume changes but you get a "not available" message on the tv as it tries to change the tv's disabled volume, hence ' not available'

I fyou know a way around that then please share. I think everyone has that problem.
The soundbar remote won't caus the error, but the problem is that means you need to use 2 remotes.
post #114 of 205 Old 11-23-2010, 10:25 AM

Not in my "environment"...
with tv speakers disabled, the TV remote changes the volume of the soundbar and no messages appear on screen saying "not available"

My LED TV had a FW update in november by the way...
post #115 of 205 Old 11-23-2010, 09:39 PM

Have any of you noticed the following issues?
1. Subwoofer will constantly make popping/cracking noises when flipping through channels or after pausing a movie
2. Subwoofer sound turns on and off constantly
3. None of the touch sensitive controls work

I thought maybe there was some interference, so I moved the unit far away from the tv. I also unplugged my wireless router and put the sub right next to the bar. Still, the issues persist... Any ideas?

I bought this thing off ebay which is looking like a big mistake. Based on the serial #, it was manufactured in 5/11/2010 so there's still warranty on it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
post #116 of 205 Old 12-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by az988 View Post
Have any of you noticed the following issues?
1. Subwoofer will constantly make popping/cracking noises when flipping through channels or after pausing a movie
2. Subwoofer sound turns on and off constantly
3. None of the touch sensitive controls work

I thought maybe there was some interference, so I moved the unit far away from the tv. I also unplugged my wireless router and put the sub right next to the bar. Still, the issues persist... Any ideas?

I bought this thing off ebay which is looking like a big mistake. Based on the serial #, it was manufactured in 5/11/2010 so there's still warranty on it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I have had the sub disconnect once, other than that none of the other problems you listed. I would suggestion sending it back to Samsung since its under warranty
post #117 of 205 Old 12-08-2010, 07:09 PM

Has anyone placed a soundbar behind the panel and let the sound come under the tv panel...how did it sound?
post #118 of 205 Old 12-08-2010, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I have mine mounted above the tv on the wall( tv is on a stand). If you dont wanna mount on the wall, I myself was thinking of utilizing the wall mounting spots/threads on the back of the tv and rig a bracket up to those which will connect to the sound bar.. basically mounting the sound bar on top of the tv... Usually your best bet is to have the sound bar above the tv or above ear level away from obstructions.

Power - Denon AVR-E300
L/R
- JBL Studio 530
Center - JBL Studio 520C
Surrounds - JBL ES20
Sub - SVS PB-2000
Display - Samsung UN65H6350
post #119 of 205 Old 12-09-2010, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dug01 View Post

Has anyone placed a soundbar behind the panel and let the sound come under the tv panel...how did it sound?

Mounting behind the panel will mute the sound and also screw up your frequency response. The drivers are designed to fire directly into the listening area. You would have all sorts of problems with frequency and phase response. This would probably sound worse than the built-in speakers from even a mediocre TV but may play louder. I would rather have accurate sound.

David Freeman
post #120 of 205 Old 12-12-2010, 01:49 PM

I just bought this soundbar yesterday and am having so many problems figuring out the settings. I want to change the input mode but all it gives me is PCM and analog when I press the O/A INPUT button on the remote or use the manual INPUT MODE on the front panel. How do I get Dolby (D.D) and DTS?
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Un40c6300 40 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Tv Graphite
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page