Samsung HW-C450 / HW-C451 "AudioBars" - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 204 Old 05-22-2011, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes I updated mine yesterday. But i did not have many problems with my soundbar except for an audio drop 3 times since I purchased it a year ago.

You need two USB sticks for the update or when the soundbar asks for USB 2, quickly delete the stick and copy the installation files.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 204 Old 05-22-2011, 01:25 PM

is anyone selling a mint condition one? if so PM me.
post #183 of 204 Old 05-28-2011, 10:31 AM

Hi,

I have a Samsung 46" LED tv, currently I have the tv connected to my receiver via a optical cable. Temporarily I have a crappy speaker hooked up to the receiver to substitute for a sound bar. The way its hooked up now, I control the volume of the tv with the receiver.

How do these sound bars hook up? Do they hook up straight to the tv via a optical cable? Or would I do a optical out from my receiver to the speaker? If you can do either, whats the best way? I wish I didn't have two remotes right now to adjust the tv volume, thanks!!!
post #184 of 204 Old 12-20-2011, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlitekontrol View Post

How do these sound bars hook up? Do they hook up straight to the tv via a optical cable? Or would I do a optical out from my receiver to the speaker? If you can do either, whats the best way? I wish I didn't have two remotes right now to adjust the tv volume, thanks!!!

Yes, they hook up straight to the tv via an optical cable. As long as your tv has an optical out. Or if your cable box has an optical out.

-Greg
post #185 of 204 Old 12-20-2011, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This soundbar replaced the stereo receiver that was connected to the tv. What are people using for a tuner?

-Greg
post #186 of 204 Old 12-29-2011, 08:03 AM

I helped my neighbor install one of these soundbars (via optical) in an upstairs addition that is about 15x15 with 8' ceiling sloped to 6' on the sides. He is happy with the sound considering he has been using tv speakers but the bass is virtually non-existent (I mean almost no sound) even at max level. The wireless sub is synced properly (or appears to be) but the bass is not even close to the Vizio 210WS he has downstairs in a living room. It feels way too underpowered to me but I have never owned or really looked at a soundbar before yesterday so I'm not the best person to judge the setup. Is this typical for a samsung soundbar or did he get a bad sub? If not typical, any ideas for a fix would be appreciated.

XBL Gamertag: Shovelbum
PSN ID: Shovelbum
post #187 of 204 Old 02-06-2012, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Since I updated the firmware in my soundbar I have not had any unwanted input switching. I used to have this happen about once a day.
post #188 of 204 Old 02-18-2012, 08:46 AM

Samsung HW-C450 Sound Bar. I just picked up one Refurbed from Amazon, $179 as new, free shipping. At this price it was a deal. At full price of $300+ not such a great deal.
The usual complaints Sub, no remote support, can't see display because it is on top of speaker.
It's decent except for the Sub is nonexistent. It's got no volume and it's crossed over too low to hear. So, at a sale price recommended but not at full price. If I paid full I would have returned it. Bought it because I have a Samsung C6500 LED.
post #189 of 204 Old 02-29-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfreeman60 View Post

My opinion is probably little different than most. My thoughts were that a soundbar was used primarily for enhanced audio as compared to the weak speakers normally built into a television set (especially true as panels get thinner and thinner). I have had experience with a number of soudbars over the last four years including Yamaha Digital Sound Projectors, Sony's smaller unit (don't remember the model) and currently a Vizio soundbar.

Dynamics and natrual voices are the primary criteria that I use for evaluating sound. The cheap Vizio is the best so far for my home use. My son is enjoying my (I guess his now) Yamaha at his home.

Almost all have had various psuedo-surround or theater type modes. To my ears, they all place a veil over the sound. None sounded unpleasant. Just the more natural 2.1 or 3.1 seems to sound most correct to my old ears.

Of course I am one of these old guys who believed true stereo music was pretty close to perfect. Would not use tone controls (even though they would probably help) with any preamp or receiver. Always looking for the proverbial straight wire with gain to hear exactly what was on an album, tape or CD.

When it comes to 5.1 or 7.1, it seems that you really wouldn't get the proper effect when the sound is all coming from one location. I know that was true with the Yamaha. It had 43 speakers and electronically simulated the surround effect. It was not unpleasant, just not natural and definitely not like a true 5.1 system. I haven't heard a 7.1 system in a home so far, so don't really know how much if any the extra two channels will add. Other than extra $$$ to the manufacturer and retailer.

I have similar opinions. I am in the process of choosing a soundbar for mainly music enjoyment in my bedroom. I thought a soundbar would do well on my bedroom chest. Yesterday, I picked up Vizio's 215. So far so good.

How do you compare Samsung 450/451 to Vizio 215?

I was wondering if there are any other choices. Again, I care about the sound fidelity and dynamic more than anything else. In fact, I don't even have a TV in my bedroom (very much against watching TV in bedroom).

Anyone has some suggestions?
post #190 of 204 Old 02-29-2012, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS650 View Post

I have similar opinions. I am in the process of choosing a soundbar for mainly music enjoyment in my bedroom. I thought a soundbar would do well on my bedroom chest. Yesterday, I picked up Vizio's 215. So far so good.

How do you compare Samsung 450/451 to Vizio 215?

I was wondering if there are any other choices. Again, I care about the sound fidelity and dynamic more than anything else. In fact, I don't even have a TV in my bedroom (very much against watching TV in bedroom).

Anyone has some suggestions?

Ya I would like to know if anyone has compared the 45x to the Vizio 215.. I am about to pull the lever on the vizio due to the lack of bass concerns..
post #191 of 204 Old 03-01-2012, 03:07 AM

How do these sound without the sub? I hear that the sub doesn't do much and they are also being sold without the sub for half the price.
post #192 of 204 Old 03-03-2012, 11:23 AM

I may update the firmware - there seems to be no way to find out what is in there now - but does it help the sub at all? - with max vol I just get some thumping on one side.
Also, who designed the update to require two clean thumbs? Sounds like the Samsung programmers have struck again!
post #193 of 204 Old 03-03-2012, 01:56 PM

If you find the firmware please post the link.
I looked and did not find anything for download on the HWC450 page.

Does anyone know how to get more bass?
Thanks!
post #194 of 204 Old 03-04-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacobits View Post

Thanks!

It seems to be gone! I downloaded once and then deleted when I didn't update. Maybe the update was faulty.
post #195 of 204 Old 03-04-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacobits View Post

Does anyone know how to get more bass?
Thanks!

Try this link:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SGH-I637
post #196 of 204 Old 03-06-2012, 12:45 PM

Ok brilliant! Samsung needs a slap!
I have followed the PDF instructions, now how does it go in?
I plug in USB drive 1 and it does nothing but light up.

Current v here is 10013

I see the flash v is 10011 DUH!
post #197 of 204 Old 03-06-2012, 01:49 PM

I'm not sure what you're asking. It's been a while since I updated the firmware.

I wouldn't know about the versions you are referring to w/o going back to the website and downloading the PDF instructions and the update files but:

As I recall, the instructions were pretty straight-forward, i.e., download the 1st file to your pc w/1st usb memory stick; download 2nd file w/2nd usb memory stick; insert 1st usb memory stick into soundbar and it should automatically install; remove that usb memory stick and insert 2nd usb memory stick into soundbar which should also automatically install. Remove it after install and soundbar should be up to date.

I hope that helps you.
post #198 of 204 Old 03-07-2012, 05:20 PM

I recently got this Sound Bar Refurbed.
Apparently the firmware was updated further because when I checked I have v10013 installed.

The down load version is v10011 which is older.

not knowing this when I put in the first usb memory stick in it did nothing. Pretty straight forward according to instructions. So I'm assuming I have a newer version and the older version naturally would not go in. I did not notice the version number until after.

Let me add I have not had any of the stated problems with it. I had to purchase a Harmony Remote too.

They need slap for doing it this way and a few other things concerning this sound bar.
There is no way it is worth $300+
post #199 of 204 Old 03-23-2012, 04:26 PM

I wasn't happy with this bar - didn't seem to help me hear and understand voices (I'm alittle deaf) so I ran another fiber cable from the DVR to the bar. It seems to be better than with it connected to the TV. I can switch back and forth.
post #200 of 204 Old 03-24-2012, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Doss View Post

Ya I would like to know if anyone has compared the 45x to the Vizio 215.. I am about to pull the lever on the vizio due to the lack of bass concerns..

The Vizio 215 is a much better soundbar than the C450/451. Louder, clearer, much stronger bass. Use HDMI and TV remote will control soundbar volume.
post #201 of 204 Old 03-27-2012, 02:21 PM

"I wasn't happy with this bar - didn't seem to help me hear and understand voices (I'm a little deaf) so I ran another fiber cable from the DVR to the bar. It seems to be better than with it connected to the TV. I can switch back and forth."
I have since found that the DVR stays on when the TV is turned off if it is recording, and therefore keeps the soundbar on - still talking. I had to set the bar so that it does not turn on if there is sound coming in. I may have to try the Harmony remote again. I may never teach my wife how to configure the soundbar! Gonna be tough when I want to watch a DVD or something from the internet.
post #202 of 204 Old 04-23-2012, 01:49 AM

Does anyone happen to know what the frequency range of the sub is? I know the documentation says 20hz but I'm pretty sure it's not that low.
post #203 of 204 Old 09-06-2012, 09:43 AM

Can anyone offer advice i have a samsung hw-c450/xef ,the firmware version shows up as 10000 ive downloaded the update but the unit just displays ok then turns off also it often makes loud high pitch popping and crackling sounds like interference but i've tried it in someone elses house and various set ups but to no avail any advice please
post #204 of 204 Old 11-02-2013, 01:49 AM

yea! see if it blends :D

For those getting no response on usb update per instructions... it maybe that the unit is not recognizing your usb flash drive or you are using NTFS. Format flash drive to FAT (not FAT32). If that doesn't work try a different brand flsh drive. 

Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Un40c6300 40 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Tv Graphite
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page