My HT set-up:
- Sony BDP-N460 Blu-Ray, Xbox 360 and Cisco RNG200 HD-DVR connected via HDMI to Sony HT-CT100 Sound Bar
- Sony HT-CT100 Sound Bar connected via HDMI to Samsung PN58B560 58" Plasma
- Audio for all three components outputs wonderfully through the Sony HT-CT100, but there is no audio output from the Samsung PN58B560.
- I have double and triple checked all settings on the Samsung (e.g. enabling audio output through TV speakers in the options/set-up menu, adjusting TV volume, etc.)
- I have confirmed that there is nothing wrong with the Samsung speakers by plugging my Blu-Ray player directly into the Samsung via HDMI (i.e. bypassing the HT-CT100) to test audio
Why is no audio output on the Samsung a problem if I have HT-CT100?
- I have a pair of Turtle Beach X41 Dolby Digital 7.1 / PLIIx wireless RF headphones that I would like to connect via TOSLINK to the Digital Optical Out on the Samsung so I can enjoy the benefits of my X41s for all three of my HT components.
- In my current configuration, when I connect the Digital Optical In on the Turtle Beach x41 transmitter to the Digital Optical Out on the Samsung via TOSLINK, I get no audio on the X41s from any of my 3 components.
- When connecting the X41s directly to any of my three components via TOSLINK (i.e. bypassing the HT-CT100), the X41s work just fine.
Does anyone out there have any idea as to what's going on with my set-up? Thanks in advance for any advice anyone may have!