Soundbar with clear voice/dialogue? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-30-2010, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently bought a TV that has poor speaker quality - the main problem being that I am constantly having difficulty making out what people are saying.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a soundbar that will provide clear voice/dialogue (hopefully in the area of $200 - $250)? I was about to buy the Sony HTCT100, but then I saw that it is known for having muted dialogue, which is exactly the problem I am trying to fix.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-30-2010, 10:47 AM

Liked: 10
Hi JB...

I just got one of these last week for 185

good points are..better than tv speakers(samsung un55b8000)
now i have bass..couldnt believe what I was missing
3 hdmi hookups..makes one simple connect to tv
can understand what they are saying now

bad point is that cant really crank volume up..but I think this is a prior issue with soundbars

I needed something to watch TV but I'm still looking for that great experience but my situation is that my room is large and open and that I need to spend mucho money to get it...

mike
post #3 of 4 Old 06-30-2010, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
I have had three soundbars over the last four years. Only one so far really did a very good job of reproducing voices.

Yamaha YSP-900 - good sound - poor dynamics and ultimate volume - mediocre on voices

Sony CT-100 - almost the same as the Yamaha but even less dynamic range

Vizio (don't know the model number) - excellent dynamics and by far the best with voices of any of the three.

Since there was a difference of more than ten to one in the price from high (Yamaha) to low (Vizio), I recommend you start low, but purchase somewhere with a good return policy. The Vizio can be had for less than a c-Note at Wal-Mart with easy return policy. If you find it lacking, return it and try something different.

The JVC soundbar has had a number of reviews stating that it handled voices well also. About double the price of the Vizio. I have not heard this either in a home or retail environment.

David Freeman
post #4 of 4 Old 06-30-2010, 11:27 PM

Liked: 11
Everything hdmi through the ct-100 , hdmi control ON , movie mode ,tv speakers off, center level up 6+ sub level -3..I have all of the dialog needed for any program.it really sounds great imo..just right for my small apartment.
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page