Went to Target and tried to buy a Vizio soundbar. There was a - Page 2 - AVS Forum
1  2
Soundbars > Went to Target and tried to buy a Vizio soundbar. There was a
hotroddr32's Avatar hotroddr32 06:42 PM 07-21-2010
Well, my Target only had one. So I've got it boxed up and getting my money back. It makes little difference, but the bar really sounded pretty good. I was suprised it produced the lows that it did. It still was not close to what it should have been with the sub. Maybe the next person will have better luck, but I'll try for something else.

(This was my first soundbar, so I didn't have anything to compare it to, so I have no stinking idea what to get.)

nr5667's Avatar nr5667 08:56 PM 07-21-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroddr32 View Post

Well, my Target only had one. So I've got it boxed up and getting my money back. It makes little difference, but the bar really sounded pretty good. I was suprised it produced the lows that it did. It still was not close to what it should have been with the sub. Maybe the next person will have better luck, but I'll try for something else.

(This was my first soundbar, so I didn't have anything to compare it to, so I have no stinking idea what to get.)

Perhaps you should look into a 2.1 set up?

They're ultimately going to give you more range for the dollars spent.

The VHT210 has a 5.25" subwoofer, and a few 2.75" tweeters... That's going to be rather limited, ultimately.

I've had sound bars from Sony, Vizio, and Boston Acoustics.

I'm a bit OCD, and I like the idea of such a neat and pretty little system, but none of them have really compared to a similarly priced 2.1 system.
Joey O's Avatar Joey O 11:20 AM 07-22-2010
See what happens. You people pressure Vizio to release it quickly. They rush it together and then it has problems. :-) They probably forgot a bolt or something. :-)
davyo's Avatar davyo 02:36 PM 07-22-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroddr32 View Post

Sorry your bar was defective,,, that does suck after the early score you made in getting it,,,,,, perhaps Vizio had the bar set to not work properly until after July 25th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey O View Post

See what happens. You people pressure Vizio to release it quickly. They rush it together and then it has problems. :-) They probably forgot a bolt or something. :-)

Funny !!!

But on a side note,,,, guess when this bar was spose to come out,,,, Vizio introduced it at CES during the first week in January and said it was coming out later that month,,, its now coming out just a week shy of being 8 months late.

Cheers
Davyo
1  2

Up
Mobile  Desktop