Where should I mount my soundbar? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-27-2010, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I just purchased the Sony 150 soundbar the other day from BB. I have it mounted on the wall below my tv, but after reading some posts, I also read that it would sound better on top of my tv. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance,
ToeKnee

P.S. First post for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-27-2010, 09:09 AM

I have the older ct100 sony soundbar, after having it sitting both below and above my LCD i find it sounds better above.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-27-2010, 09:52 AM

The general consensus is sound bars sound much better above the TV, where the sound has more room to open up. There are a couple of methods of mounting your sound bar on top of your TV: Velcro, home-made brackets, and brackets bought off of www.soundbarbrackets.com

Here's a thread discussing various methods: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1259583

I myself just bought the new Vizio and am anxiously awaiting the sound bar brackets so I can mount it above my screen and see how much better the sounds improves.
post #4 of 8 Old 07-27-2010, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the reply!
post #5 of 8 Old 07-27-2010, 12:50 PM

You cannot use those brackets if your mounting your tv on the wall can u?
post #6 of 8 Old 07-27-2010, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoynot325 View Post

So I just purchased the Sony 150 soundbar the other day from BB. I have it mounted on the wall below my tv, but after reading some posts, I also read that it would sound better on top of my tv. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance,
ToeKnee

P.S. First post for me.

Welcome to AVS

And yes,,, above your display is always better for mounting a soundbar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cache$$$Mustang View Post

The general consensus is sound bars sound much better above the TV, where the sound has more room to open up. There are a couple of methods of mounting your sound bar on top of your TV: Velcro, home-made brackets, and brackets bought off of www.soundbarbrackets.com

Here's a thread discussing various methods: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1259583

I myself just bought the new Vizio and am anxiously awaiting the sound bar brackets so I can mount it above my screen and see how much better the sounds improves.

If you have a wide enough bezel on your display the Vizio can sit on top with some velcro for extra hold,,,, Ive done it and it works great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8 luder 97 View Post

You cannot use those brackets if your mounting your tv on the wall can u?

Yes, the Vizio brackets flip around specificaly for wall mounting.

Cheers
Davyo
post #7 of 8 Old 07-28-2010, 05:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cache$$$Mustang View Post

Fifty bucks for a couple of bent pieces of metal? Yowza. I'd rather go buy some heavy duty metal strapping at Home Depot, and bend/drill them myself. A quick shot of flat black spray paint and you're good to go.

Take responsibility for your own actions...society is not here to look after you...
In other words, if you order coffee, expect it to be hot for chrissake!
post #8 of 8 Old 07-28-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSonntag View Post

Fifty bucks for a couple of bent pieces of metal? Yowza. I'd rather go buy some heavy duty metal strapping at Home Depot, and bend/drill them myself. A quick shot of flat black spray paint and you're good to go.

Yeah it is a bit of a rip off, guess they can charge as much as they want since they don't have any competitors. I was thinking of saying I'm a patent attorney/examiner and from my IP background I respect the genius that went into the design (it is clever), but to be honest it's because I'd rather not deal with the time commitment of getting all the parts and then putting it together. Some projects I prefer to do on my own, but when it deals with home entertainment I go the easy route. Guess the ease of installation is why I went the soundbar route. That and I live in an apartment.

Adam
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page