Yamaha YSP 3050 - SUBWOOFER INSTALL HELP??! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-09-2010, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I just bought the Yama yst050 sub for my YSP-3050. I unboxed it, plugged it in, connected it to the soundbar (using the correct port), made sure all cables were tight, etc....

Yet I can not get any sound out of it - what gives? (yes the volume and power on sub are set up per Yamaha specs, light glowing green). Is there some type of setting on the soundbar where I must enable the sub?

I find the setup on this device to be very clunky, and I am referring to the manual before posting here so as not to waste anyones time.

If anyone can provide some help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-09-2010, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonwit904 View Post

So I just bought the Yama yst050 sub for my YSP-3050. I unboxed it, plugged it in, connected it to the soundbar (using the correct port), made sure all cables were tight, etc....

Yet I can not get any sound out of it - what gives? (yes the volume and power on sub are set up per Yamaha specs, light glowing green). Is there some type of setting on the soundbar where I must enable the sub?

I find the setup on this device to be very clunky, and I am referring to the manual before posting here so as not to waste anyones time.

If anyone can provide some help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Scott

I had a Yamaha Sound Projector for three years with dedicated sub-woofer. I don't remember doing anything special to get the unit to work. If memory serves correctly, and it seldom does, there may have been one or more settings under the on-screen menu to either enable the sub or tell the soundbar to route sounds below a certain frequency to the sub.

I am still using the sub (with a Vizio soundbar) and have with several other pieces of equipment that had a sub-woofer output. I know that there was nothing to do on the Vizio except set the sub-s level to match that of the soundbar.

David Freeman
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page