Limited Height Center speaker for 5.1 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-17-2010, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I will be getting the following setup:
Denon 1910 Rece
2-Monitor 70 (Polk)
2-Monitor 30 (Polk)
1-BIC F12 Sub

And was planning on getting the Polk CS-1 for a center speaker. It however will be impossible to mount properly. I have my 55" LCD on a TV stand, here is a picture of the TV stand
http://www.mybobs.com/Tahoe_Tvc.aspx

and I have very little room to mount a center speaker. The space between the bottom of the table stop and tv screen is small only about 5 inches. Above the back of the TV I will have wall mounted sound absorbsion panels, so I can't wall mount above the TV. Also all of the area in the TV stand is already taken by my receiver and other hardware.

Is there a soundbar that I could use as a center speaker for my 5.1 setup that would match well with my proposed setup? It's got to be pretty small in terms of height. Alternatively if anyone has a good mounting idea let me know. I guess I my budget is anything less than $200 (although if something much better is over that budget I'm all ears).

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2010, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Go to home depot and build yourself a tv platform to match the cabinet. Just boost it up a few inches. You might even be able to cutout the front of it to house the center channel.