Sony Sound Bars - Where to Buy? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-21-2010, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Because I like the HDMI switching capabilities, I think I'm pretty well set on picking up one of the Sony Sound Bars. I honestly don't care if it's the CT100, CT150 or CT350 - it comes down to whichever I can get cheapest.

So where should I be looking to buy these? I took a look today at the local Target (only had the Vizio and some Boston bar) and Best Buy, which only had the CT350 for like $350. I can get the CT150 on Amazon for 269 (and I have Prime, so I get free 2 day shipping.) Are there other places I should be looking? How can I get the best deal on one of these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-21-2010, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishdoom View Post

Because I like the HDMI switching capabilities, I think I'm pretty well set on picking up one of the Sony Sound Bars. I honestly don't care if it's the CT100, CT150 or CT350 - it comes down to whichever I can get cheapest.

So where should I be looking to buy these? I took a look today at the local Target (only had the Vizio and some Boston bar) and Best Buy, which only had the CT350 for like $350. I can get the CT150 on Amazon for 269 (and I have Prime, so I get free 2 day shipping.) Are there other places I should be looking? How can I get the best deal on one of these?

Amazon is guna be the best,,, for price and for support after your purchase,,,, you might find it cheaper on eBay but then most of the time your screwed if you have any problems.

Price is one thing, but you should also be carefull of "who" you buy from.

I would rather buy from a reputable dealer than try and save a "few" dollars.

Walmart also has the Sonys.

Cheers
Davyo
post #3 of 5 Old 08-21-2010, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Ahh, Walmart...I didn't expect them to have these. I'll have to take a look there.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-22-2010, 07:34 AM

Liked: 10
I picked up my ct-100 last week at Costco for 199.99. Best price I could find and you can not beat their return policy. I brought back a 2yr old Garmin GPS that was causing me issues and they gave me my money back - no questions asked. I used that to pick up the ct-100 since I no longer need the GPS due to having a droid now.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-24-2010, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I ordered the CT350 from thenerds.net

There's a $10 off coupon floating around the net which covered the flat shipping rate. No taxes for me so it ended up being $289.98 total. Re-seller ratings were so-so but I had no problems. Ordered Sunday and received this morning Fedex. They also have the CT150 for around $225.
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page