Boston Acoustics TVee - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-23-2010, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,

Did a fair amount of reading on here (thanks btw) before going out and getting a Boston Acoustics Soundbar. I've got 30 days to 'demo' it and decide if I like it. I also plan on testing a Sony 150 and perhaps a yamaha 600 over the next month or so.

So far, I love the fact that it has a wireless 'sub', works with my pvr remote, and has what seems to be pretty deep and full sound - vastly superior to my samsung touch of colour.

Anyways, my question is about the fact that I have only rca connections. I know the issue of hdmi connectivity seems to be a popular one around here, but I am wondering what will I lose if I run everything through my TV, and then a simple rca audio out to the soundbar? I know the sony has all the hdmi ports but this system seems soooooo much simpler (the wife likes that - hence I like that). Can anyone think of any reasons I might regret this is the long run?

Thanks so much for any thoughts.

Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-25-2010, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Just hoping someone can play devil's advocate. Am I crazy for thinking a soundbar with rca only is a serious compromise?
post #3 of 3 Old 08-25-2010, 05:12 PM

Liked: 11
Hi Ryan, one thing to consider is the fact that new A/V equipment is dropping the old RCA L+R connections. For instance, although my 09 "B" Samsung has them, the 2010 "C" version does not. Analog to digital (optical) switches are available, so you wouldn't be completely out of luck if you hold on to the Boston and bought a new TV.

I own last year's Polk SDA IHT, and it works like Your Boston. Analog only, the TV is the switcher, and the volume and mute is controlled by the TV remote. I love the simplicity for my bedroom setup. As you know, this type of system functions as your TV speakers without even thinking about it. If you and your wife are happy with the Boston's sound and setup, I wouldn't worry so much about other soundbars. Just sit back and enjoy.
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page