Where to place a soundbar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-17-2010, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have read in other threads that placing the soundbar above the tv is ideal, but how high is too high?
What is the ideal placement.

With normal sized ceilings (8-9 feet) would placing the soundbar near the ceiling height be too high? Based on my tv unit I have 2 choices. Either below the actual tv, or on top of the wall unit which is about a foot below the ceiling. Which would be more ideal?

The rest of the room is about 25 x 11 with the unit being centered on the 25 wall and the sofas in the far corners angled towards the unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2010, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big 'O' View Post

I have read in other threads that placing the soundbar above the tv is ideal, but how high is too high?
What is the ideal placement.

With normal sized ceilings (8-9 feet) would placing the soundbar near the ceiling height be too high? Based on my tv unit I have 2 choices. Either below the actual tv, or on top of the wall unit which is about a foot below the ceiling. Which would be more ideal?

The rest of the room is about 25 x 11 with the unit being centered on the 25 wall and the sofas in the far corners angled towards the unit.

Ear level or above is always best for bar placement,,,,, I had one of my bars about 8' high one time and it sounded great.

Best thing to do though is experiment with placement and see what works best,, each room is always different on how a bar with sound in it.

Cheers
Davyo