Vizio 510, Vizio 210, JVC BA1 another Davyo shoot-out w/ pictures - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 508 Old 09-14-2011, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanSanderson View Post

The exchange from Vizio took a bit less than two weeks. Vizio paid FedEx shipping both ways. The new unit arrived 3/17 and has been working flawlessly since. The sound is impressive and I've had no trouble with the wireless connection. For comparison: all three units were from the "L" series. The two digits following are possibly of interest. The first unit (failed LEDs) was numbered 46xxxxx, the replacement (from Amazon, failed wireless) was numbered 43xxxxx, while the current unit (directly from Vizio) was numbered 47xxxxx.

I'll update only if this one fails!

No, it hasn't failed. The third unit, received directly from Vizio, has been working like a charm. I just thought it was time for something positive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 508 Old 09-21-2011, 05:52 PM

Thanks for this thread! We picked up the 510 last weekend, the sound quality compared to the TVs built in speakers is amazing. Not too shabby versus my 12 year old Sony receiver either.

-Hammer32
SVR-2000
post #453 of 508 Old 10-05-2011, 02:24 PM

Can anyone help me with hook up, I'ma go out and buy this but don't know how to hook it up.. I want to hook it up to my Mac mini, bd player and my directv..I currently have my Mac mini and directv hooked up through hdmi, and have to switch out the bd player anytime I wanna watch a bluray, I can deal with it tho doesn't bother me to much. But I'd like to figure out how to be able to hook it all up, I'm sure I'll need to get a switcher thing, lol.

Thanks for the help in advance
post #454 of 508 Old 10-10-2011, 08:20 AM

Anyone got suggestions on wall mounting brackets for VHT510 satellites? I saw the below ones on monoprice, but they are plastic and not sure if they are any good. And I can't figure out which ones will actually even fit the satellites?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
post #455 of 508 Old 10-11-2011, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
The 510 rear speakers have the typical wall hang hole on the back so you dont really need speaker mounts unless you need to aim the rear speakers in a certain direction.

Cheers
Davyo
post #456 of 508 Old 10-11-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroddr32 View Post

Does anyone know if the 510 is available anywhere than Costco? We don't have any around Knoxville.

Sam's Club has them.
post #457 of 508 Old 10-15-2011, 01:48 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by valley_nomad View Post

Did anyone see refurbished VHT510? Just wondering why there isn't a lot of refurbished ones if Vizio got so many returns due to its LED issue....

Just saw that Newegg is selling the refurbished VHT510 for only $220 on this weekend (10/15/2011)
post #458 of 508 Old 10-20-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

The 510 rear speakers have the typical wall hang hole on the back so you dont really need speaker mounts unless you need to aim the rear speakers in a certain direction.

Cheers
Davyo

That is what I was really thinking of, I won't be able to hand them at the distance and location I like, so I need brackets to adjust the direction/aim... any suggestions...
post #459 of 508 Old 10-24-2011, 10:40 AM

any universal speaker mount should work
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...XPF6P9JX55KKFS
post #460 of 508 Old 12-22-2011, 06:17 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I have a Sony KDL-55NX810 that I want to run the Vizio 510 on through the optical output. At the sametime I want to run a sub through the analog signals from the tv. This way I have a sub in the front of the room and the back of the room. My two questions are: does anyone know if the tv will send audio signals to both outputs at the sametime and would this be to much bass in general?

Thanks

RC-64 Center, RF-7 Fronts, RF-82 Sides, RW-12D, QTY=2, RSW-15, RS-52ii Rears, Pioneer SC-1522-K, Panasonic 65VT60, 65"
post #461 of 508 Old 12-22-2011, 06:01 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugger View Post

I have a Sony KDL-55NX810 that I want to run the Vizio 510 on through the optical output. At the sametime I want to run a sub through the analog signals from the tv. This way I have a sub in the front of the room and the back of the room. My two questions are: does anyone know if the tv will send audio signals to both outputs at the sametime and would this be to much bass in general?

Thanks

Well, this configuration will not work regardless of the answers to your questions. You simply will not have a nice way to control the volume of that second sub.
post #462 of 508 Old 12-23-2011, 07:21 AM

The second sub has an external amp with volume and bass controll. This is also controlled through the tv. I hoping it should work so long as the tv outputs through both channels at the same time. I also hope the sound bar has enough clear volume to keep up with the amount of bass.

RC-64 Center, RF-7 Fronts, RF-82 Sides, RW-12D, QTY=2, RSW-15, RS-52ii Rears, Pioneer SC-1522-K, Panasonic 65VT60, 65"
post #463 of 508 Old 12-31-2011, 06:17 AM

Turns out the second sub does work and I'm glad it did as the vizio sub is a little on the weak side for my taste. Overall very happy with sound. Very clear with lots of volume. Makes watching movies so much better.

Can anyone tell me if any any iPod dock will work with the Vizio remote. I am having a hard time finding any information on that.

Thanks.

post #464 of 508 Old 01-18-2012, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I picked up the VHT510 a couple weeks ago and I'm somewhat happy with it. I like the look and the subwoofer in the back with the rear satellites is great, just what I wanted in the room I have it in.

I am having a couple issues though. Every now and then I hear the sound in the back give out for just split second, sounds like a wireless interference problem but I don't know anything to do about that and it doesn't happen so often to really bother me.

What does bother me is now I have lip syncing issues when watching certain channels on DirecTV. Sound from my PS3 and 360 are fine, and the majority of the DTV channels are fine, but some are pretty off (Showtime). I'm not sure what I can do about that issue. Any idea?
post #465 of 508 Old 01-19-2012, 10:13 AM

havent kept up with this thread in a while, but have there been any new SB systems (perhaps a true replacement to the BA1) that have a decent amount of connections? is it too much to ask to be able to connect a cable box, a ps3, and blueray to the soundbar
post #466 of 508 Old 01-27-2012, 03:56 PM

Damn it! I bought a vizio vht510 off of newegg as a recertified unit. I was hoping being recertified it would have fixed any issues. Guess not!!! Day two and the leds are gone. Does anyone here have a background with electronics and know what is causing this? This is horse ****. Now I have to pay to ship it back and wait for a new one.

EDIT: ok I unplugged it and pressed the power button for 30 seconds and now they work.... will this fix it now? Or will I have to every time that the lights go out? Again anyone with electronics know how care to input a theory on why holding power while unplugged may provide a fix? Thank you
post #467 of 508 Old 01-27-2012, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremekizzle View Post

Damn it! I bought a vizio vht510 off of newegg as a recertified unit. I was hoping being recertified it would have fixed any issues. Guess not!!! Day two and the leds are gone. Does anyone here have a background with electronics and know what is causing this? This is horse ****. Now I have to pay to ship it back and wait for a new one.

EDIT: ok I unplugged it and pressed the power button for 30 seconds and now they work.... will this fix it now? Or will I have to every time that the lights go out? Again anyone with electronics know how care to input a theory on why holding power while unplugged may provide a fix? Thank you

You should call Vizio,,, they will tell you the problem only affected "a few" units.

Its actually very entertaining to call Vizio and listen to them deny the problem, or say its fixed, or claim that the countless reviews talking about the failed LED's dont exist,,,, anyways,, I call Vizio when I need a laugh, its quite funny to listen to their CS department lie so badly.

Some of the stuff they have told me on the phone and in emails reguarding the failed LED's has been pretty darn funny !!!!

Cheers
Davyo
post #468 of 508 Old 01-27-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:

You should call Vizio,,, they will tell you the problem only affected "a few" units.

Its actually very entertaining to call Vizio and listen to them deny the problem, or say its fixed, or claim that the countless reviews talking about the failed LED's dont exist,,,, anyways,, I call Vizio when I need a laugh, its quite funny to listen to their CS department lie so badly.

Some of the stuff they have told me on the phone and in emails reguarding the failed LED's has been pretty darn funny !!!!

Cheers
Davyo

Because I bought it from newegg wouldn't I have to talk to them? Anyone else deal with newegg? What is the going rate for shipping an item this big? ******** that I have to pay for their mistake.
post #469 of 508 Old 01-28-2012, 03:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremekizzle View Post

Because I bought it from newegg wouldn't I have to talk to them? Anyone else deal with newegg? What is the going rate for shipping an item this big? ******** that I have to pay for their mistake.

No way should you have to pay for shipping to New Egg or Vizio,,, if they "try" and ask you to pay shipping just tell them the can go have sex with themselfs (worded differently of course),,,,,,,, also tell them you are an AVS forum member and you will make sure and post about it here if anyone tells you that you need to pay the shipping.

Matter of fact tell Vizio or New Egg they need to send you out a replacement first so you are not without a soundbar.

New Egg is most of the time very good about taking care of customers though, so you should be Ok.

Cheers
Davyo
post #470 of 508 Old 01-28-2012, 03:31 AM

Quote:

No way should you have to pay for shipping to New Egg or Vizio,,, if they "try" and ask you to pay shipping just tell them the can go have sex with themselfs (worded differently of course),,,,,,,, also tell them you are an AVS forum member and you will make sure and post about it here if anyone tells you that you need to pay the shipping.

Matter of fact tell Vizio or New Egg they need to send you out a replacement first so you are not without a soundbar.

New Egg is most of the time very good about taking care of customers though, so you should be Ok.

Cheers
Davyo

: ) hey thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate you help and all the information you provide on these forums. THANK YOU
post #471 of 508 Old 01-28-2012, 10:01 PM

My Vizio VHT510 continues to work for me with no LED issues (knocking on wood!). I see the Vizio VHT215 has HDMI connectivity. I am wondering if it is possible to pair the VHT215 soundbar with the wireless sub/rear surrounds that came with the VHT510. It is only a thought. HDMI connectivity would be great, but I don't won't to give up the wireless surrounds.
post #472 of 508 Old 01-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcats View Post

My Vizio VHT510 continues to work for me with no LED issues (knocking on wood!). I see the Vizio VHT215 has HDMI connectivity. I am wondering if it is possible to pair the VHT215 soundbar with the wireless sub/rear surrounds that came with the VHT510. It is only a thought. HDMI connectivity would be great, but I don't won't to give up the wireless surrounds.

Great question.

But the 215 isn't 3 speakers up front, only 2.0, you would lose out on the center channel, no?
post #473 of 508 Old 01-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
I see New Egg has gotten another batch of refurbished 510 sound bars to sell. If Vizio doesn't have a problem with these units where are all the refurbs coming from?

(When I ordered mine I noted that the New Egg page states they are NOT returnable for refund.)
post #474 of 508 Old 02-03-2012, 10:42 AM

LEDs went out again. Contacted Newegg and they are sending me a UPS shipping label to return the bar. I asked if they would send one out first but they said it was out of stock and if they didnt get anymore in by the time i send mine back they would refund the purchase price. i had so much hope for this bar and it sounded great. i just hope they get new refurbs in that have had the leds fixed. i think the one i got was just an open box and never had the led problem. but thats all speculation on my part. will see i guess.
post #475 of 508 Old 02-03-2012, 04:46 PM

Bought mine over Christmas and LEDs are still working. For the most part I'm happy with the system after I had to open up the sub and reconnect the main power cable that was loose from shipping. The sub feels very week and I'm not sure what it should sound like. I can feel air coming out of the port but almost no bass sound. I have the bass, rear and sub turned all the way up. Anyone else have very little to no bass? Also the rear speakers work great with music but almost never on movies.

post #476 of 508 Old 02-03-2012, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 89
My local Walmart is still selling the 510 new in the box, but they are asking full price at $348. I know I have seen it at Sam's or Costco for $248 before, so you would think Walmart would put it on sale by now. Wish I knew if they were still going to come out with the 520 model before I pay full price. Nobody else seems to be stocking the 510 anymore.
post #477 of 508 Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugger View Post

Bought mine over Christmas and LEDs are still working. For the most part I'm happy with the system after I had to open up the sub and reconnect the main power cable that was loose from shipping. The sub feels very week and I'm not sure what it should sound like. I can feel air coming out of the port but almost no bass sound. I have the bass, rear and sub turned all the way up. Anyone else have very little to no bass? Also the rear speakers work great with music but almost never on movies.

My sub sounds boomy, as much as a wireless sub can get I'm guessing, and the rear speakers are active with movies.
post #478 of 508 Old 02-03-2012, 10:33 PM

My LEDs are still working and it's been over a year since I bought this second unit (first one had failed LEDs).

My subwoofer seems to work OK and the rear surrounds do also. The rear surrounds are very prominent with certain programs. The beginning music on CNS NY is almost too much although I know I probably don't have everything set up as well as it should be. I have an Oppo BDP-93, but I hardly ever watch bluray. I mostly stream from Amazon VOD and watch network/cable TV.
post #479 of 508 Old 02-04-2012, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-N2 View Post

I see New Egg has gotten another batch of refurbished 510 sound bars to sell. If Vizio doesn't have a problem with these units where are all the refurbs coming from?

(When I ordered mine I noted that the New Egg page states they are NOT returnable for refund.)

Got mine Thursday -- shipped from Edison, NJ. Now I see why the LED's are so important...

Have plenty of bass from the sub. I don't know if I am happy with the sub in the rear. I can sense the sound coming from my side. Going to try a different location today.

I'm using analog input right now -- no sound from the rear speakers unless you select one of the SRS options.
post #480 of 508 Old 02-05-2012, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have been looking at a replacement for my Bose Cinemate system. This Vizio VHT510 sounds great. Has the LED problem been fixed? Is the sound better than the Sony 550w? Has the 520 model with hdmi been released? Am thoroughly confused.

Philip
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page