Vizio 510, Vizio 210, JVC BA1 another Davyo shoot-out w/ pictures - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 508 Old 11-21-2010, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just submitted the following review on the Vizio VHT510 on the Vizio website:

"Great sound & price, problem with LED indicators:

I purchased the VHT510 from my local Costco and was very pleased with both the appearance and sound quality of this product. Unfortunately the LED volume indicator lights began to fail after the first week or so. Sometimes they would work, but other times they would fail to light up even though the volume would go up and down as it should. After about 3 weeks, the LED indicators completely stopped working, but the soundbar otherwise functioned quite well. I utimately decided to return it to Costco due to various other reviews listing this same problem."

Now lets see if this review actually appears on the Vizio website or if they just censor any perceived criticism.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 508 Old 11-26-2010, 01:16 PM

I see that everyone is upset about the LED voulme indicators. If it works allright, then do u really need those indicators? I am thinking of buying it.
post #183 of 508 Old 11-26-2010, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I will be suprised if your comments on the LED's make it onto/or stay on the Vizio website.

Im still very pissed at Vizio CS for trying to tell me they are not aware of ANY problems,,, there are not only problems but the problems with the LED's would seem to be widespread going by the amount of people here that have had LED's fail and also,,, its mentioned on Amazon reviews,, and in some other reviews I saw on other websites,,,, as I recall I also saw mention of the LED's going out on Costco's reviews and SamsClub reviews.

And since Sams and Costco are the two main outlets for the Vizio bar it's not to good when the SamsClub emploee's tell me they are getting a large number of these bars returned because of the LED's going out,,,, I guess Vizio is not aware of that either.

I guess Vizio does not know that this little thing called the internet exist's,,,,,, a place were people talk about stuff.

For Vizio to claim there is NO problem is a total insult to their customers intelligence.

I fail to understand when companies have an issue with a product why they cant just be honest and admit it and tell the customer they are working on a fix.

If Vizio was honest about the problem I would be far more incline to buy one of their soundbars again,,,, but getting lied too,,,,, that just pissed me off !!!!!!

First they lied about the 72" panel they never released, now they are lying about the soundbar,,, Im starting to see a pattern here.

Cheers
Davyo
post #184 of 508 Old 11-26-2010, 07:16 PM

I'm not sure of the real reason why but Amazon has put the VHT51 "UNDER REVIEW" while they investigate issues customers have been reporting. I'd imagine it has something to do with the LED lights.
post #185 of 508 Old 11-26-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxHoundADAM View Post
I'm not sure of the real reason why but Amazon has put the VHT51 "UNDER REVIEW" while they investigate issues customers have been reporting. I'd imagine it has something to do with the LED lights.
I am wondering about that too. One of the Amazon reviews is mine, but that was the limit of my contact since I didn't purchase it through them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post
I will be suprised if your comments on the LED's make it onto/or stay on the Vizio website.
Cheers
Davyo
My comments never showed up on the Vizio website. It really says something about their integrity (or lack thereof).
post #186 of 508 Old 11-26-2010, 08:55 PM

I finally ordered the jvc THBA3. Since davyo liked the BA1, I guess BA3 would be better.
post #187 of 508 Old 11-27-2010, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by premneo View Post
I finally ordered the jvc THBA3. Since davyo liked the BA1, I guess BA3 would be better.
Yep,,, I had the BA3 and was very impressed with it.

Cheers
Davyo
post #188 of 508 Old 11-27-2010, 11:38 AM

Does anybody care to offer any opinion on comparing the JVC THBA3 system Vs. the ZVOX 575 HSD? I'm considering both options and have excluded the Vizio, due to the LED problem.
post #189 of 508 Old 11-27-2010, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolanzdad View Post

Does anybody care to offer any opinion on comparing the JVC THBA3 system Vs. the ZVOX 575 HSD? I'm considering both options and have excluded the Vizio, due to the LED problem.

I had the JVC BA3 and the Zvox both at my house,,, not at the same time,, but that does not matter,, the Zvox did not impress me at all.

The JVC BA3,,, impressed me very much.

Cheers
Davyo
post #190 of 508 Old 11-27-2010, 02:26 PM

any comments or comparision to the polk soundbar 6000?
post #191 of 508 Old 11-27-2010, 03:15 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolanzdad View Post

They can not be compared with each other because they are not in the same category.

Buy ZVOX 575 only if you want the simplest connection and don't care about the surround sound at all. Make sure your TV or set top box has an analog audio output since ZVOX 575 doesn't even have the optical input.
post #192 of 508 Old 11-27-2010, 07:38 PM

I just ordered the Vizio 510 from Target for my secondary system. I think I can live without an LED indicator. I'm more concerned how happy I will be with the sound. I'm used to a full 5.1 system with dedicated receiver, SVS sub, ascend speakers.
post #193 of 508 Old 11-28-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronrosa View Post

I just ordered the Vizio 510 from Target for my secondary system. I think I can live without an LED indicator. I'm more concerned how happy I will be with the sound. I'm used to a full 5.1 system with dedicated receiver, SVS sub, ascend speakers.

Let us know how it works out. I'm still interested in this system as long as it functions well sound wise. I'll also be getting it from Target.
post #194 of 508 Old 11-28-2010, 01:02 PM

given the improved waranty with costco wouldnt it make more sense to join and buy it there?
post #195 of 508 Old 11-29-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhodson View Post

given the improved waranty with costco wouldnt it make more sense to join and buy it there?

There aren't any Costco's near me (Oklahoma).
post #196 of 508 Old 11-29-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhodson View Post
Wanted to order it online and have it delivered to my door. Costco didn't show it on their site. LED light is the least of my concerns.
post #197 of 508 Old 11-30-2010, 10:07 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I will try anyway.

I have owned the JVC TH-BA3 since February.I really do love it.It's sounds great in my apartment.

The problem that I have had is the volume control.This is a purely random issue.I will be watching a movie and all of a sudden the volume will race up to max level.I have had it(to a lesser degree)go down to zero.This might happen 2 times a day,or it will not do this for a couple of weeks.

JVC service center said they have never heard of this before.My question is to all of you.Has anyone here heard of something like this?I have tried the powering off,unplugging,re hookup steps.Nothing has worked.Thanks in advance for any help .
post #198 of 508 Old 11-30-2010, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crismac View Post

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I will try anyway.

I have owned the JVC TH-BA3 since February.I really do love it.It's sounds great in my apartment.

The problem that I have had is the volume control.This is a purely random issue.I will be watching a movie and all of a sudden the volume will race up to max level.I have had it(to a lesser degree)go down to zero.This might happen 2 times a day,or it will not do this for a couple of weeks.

JVC service center said they have never heard of this before.My question is to all of you.Has anyone here heard of something like this?I have tried the powering off,unplugging,re hookup steps.Nothing has worked.Thanks in advance for any help .

This really sounds like the response from a stuck button. I sometimes get something similar from my Logitch Harmony. If you can't locate a remote with some kind of button stuck, this could be a problem with the pontentiometer that controls the volume which would mean a return to JVC for service or replacement.

David Freeman
post #199 of 508 Old 11-30-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post

This really sounds like the response from a stuck button. I sometimes get something similar from my Logitch Harmony. If you can't locate a remote with some kind of button stuck, this could be a problem with the potentiometer that controls the volume which would mean a return to JVC for service or replacement.

Thanks for the quick reply Mr.Freeman.The remote for the set has not been sticking as far as I know.The remote will be sitting on the table no one touching it,and then the volume takes off.

One thing I forgot to mention.The volume max is 40 on the system,when it starts it's climb sometimes it hits 50 I say the potentiometer that you suggested is probably the problem.Thanks again
post #200 of 508 Old 12-03-2010, 01:54 PM

So what is the advantage of the ba3 over the ba1? I assume hdmi input? And davyo, y did u bring the ba3 back and keep the ba1 if the ba3 still impressed u and is somehow better?
post #201 of 508 Old 12-03-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the quick reply Mr.Freeman.The remote for the set has not been sticking as far as I know.The remote will be sitting on the table no one touching it,and then the volume takes off.

One thing I forgot to mention.The volume max is 40 on the system,when it starts it's climb sometimes it hits 50 I say the potentiometer that you suggested is probably the problem.Thanks again

There is no physical potentiometer in the device. The volume control is done by the software code that writes to the underlying hardware chip with the volume control instruction containing the value corresponding to the desired volume.

You may want to cover the IR receiver (e.g. sensor) with a piece of tape and check to see if it still has the problem. If not. then it may be caused by some IR interference. Otherwise. it may be caused by software bug.
post #202 of 508 Old 12-03-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejunkie View Post

So what is the advantage of the ba3 over the ba1? I assume hdmi input? And davyo, y did u bring the ba3 back and keep the ba1 if the ba3 still impressed u and is somehow better?

The main advantage of BA3 is that it is a true 5.1 system with wireless rear speakers (which are actually wired to a wireless receiver)

I believe BA3 doesn't have HDMI either.
post #203 of 508 Old 12-04-2010, 06:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valley_nomad View Post

The main advantage of BA3 is that it is a true 5.1 system with wireless rear speakers (which are actually wired to a wireless receiver)

I believe BA3 doesn't have HDMI either.

Correct, it's still optical you have to use. The BA-3 also includes wall-mounting hardware which the BA1 doesn't
post #204 of 508 Old 12-04-2010, 08:39 AM

Cool, thanks. So is there a downside that made davyo keep the ba1 over the ba3?
post #205 of 508 Old 12-04-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valley_nomad View Post

There is no physical potentiometer in the device. The volume control is done by the software code that writes to the underlying hardware chip with the volume control instruction containing the value corresponding to the desired volume.

You may want to cover the IR receiver (e.g. sensor) with a piece of tape and check to see if it still has the problem. If not. then it may be caused by some IR interference. Otherwise. it may be caused by software bug.

Thanks valley_nomad,Well the system has been on it's best behavior since I brought this up.It's just like a little kid when it knows your going to take action,it straightens up and acts right

If it does it again I will try the tape solution.Thanks for the tip
post #206 of 508 Old 12-04-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:

No,Sounds like Davyo didn't want the rear speakers,just the sound bar and sub .
post #207 of 508 Old 12-05-2010, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

No,Sounds like Davyo didn't want the rear speakers,just the sound bar and sub .

Yep,, that would be the reason,,,, I just wanted a soundbar and sub,,,, like to keep it simple when ever I can,,,,,,, but I really did love the BA3,,,, great system !!!!

There was an issue for me with the placement of the rear speakers and the A/C needed to power the rears,, as well as wanting to keep it simple with stealth install.

Cheers
Davyo
post #208 of 508 Old 12-05-2010, 05:25 PM

Got the Vizio 510. Having problems setting up the wireless subwoofer.

Plugged it in, turned on the switch. The manual talks about and LED indicator on the sub. I don't see anything lit up on the sub. Is this the LED problem peoole are talking about ? The LED on the sub ? The soundbar LED works fine. It blinks yellow which is supposed to mean it doesn't see the sub.

I'm going to give Vizio a call tomorrow. Any other 510 owners out there that can tell me if their sub has an LED ?
post #209 of 508 Old 12-05-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronrosa View Post

Got the Vizio 510. Having problems setting up the wireless subwoofer.

Plugged it in, turned on the switch. The manual talks about and LED indicator on the sub. I don't see anything lit up on the sub. Is this the LED problem peoole are talking about ? The LED on the sub ? The soundbar LED works fine. It blinks yellow which is supposed to mean it doesn't see the sub.

I'm going to give Vizio a call tomorrow. Any other 510 owners out there that can tell me if their sub has an LED ?

The problem people are having the the LED is on the soundbar and that problem ususally takes a few days/weeks to develop. Mine worked perfectly for at least the first couple of weeks.

I suspect that your soundbar and subwoofer are not paired or possibly your soundbar is set on "client" rather than "hub" mode. Change it to hub if that is the case and see if it works. Otherwise try and pair the subwoofer with the soundbar according to the instrucions on page 17 of the manuel.
post #210 of 508 Old 12-05-2010, 08:34 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. Soundbar is in hub mode. Tried the instructions on page 17 many times. Still no luck. Soundbar still blinks slow yellow.

Do you have any kind of light or indication on the sub that it is powered and on other than the on/off switch ? The manual mentions LED blink patterns on subwoofer. I don't see anything lit up when I plug in and turn on the subwoofer switch.
Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page