Connecting Sony HT- CT 150 harder than expected. Help Apperciated :) ! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-04-2010, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

I had absolutely no problem connecting the PS3 to the HT CT - 150 via optical cable, then adjusting the settings on the PS3.

however, i can't figure out how to get the tv hooked up. My cable box has neither HDMI or Optical cable connections. Just RCA (White + red). Woudl those be my only options?

Right now i have the subwoofer connected to the tv via the optical cable in the tv slot but no matter how much I play with the TV settings, I cant get the sound to come out of the sound bar....I guess since the sound is coming from the cable box, i need a way to connect the cable box to the sound bar???

Also, is there anyway I can connect an IPOD to the sound bar? I was hoping / expecting an 1/8 aux in put as a standard feature....but guess not...any advice?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-05-2010, 07:52 AM

If you TV outputs audio via the optical out you can connect audio and video from the cable box to the TV and teh TV should hopefully send out audio via optical.

If this doesnt work you may have to connect audio ( i guess the red and white) to the soundbar and teh video (yellow) to the TV.
But then you may have to switch the sound bar to the correct inputs whenever you watch TV.

If your TV has HDMI, you can connect the PS3 via HDMI to the 150 and then the CT 150 Output to the TV instead of having separate optical cable.
hope this helps
post #3 of 5 Old 10-05-2010, 09:14 AM

Liked: 11
Bring the cable box to your cable company and ask for a newer version with optical or hdmi output.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-06-2010, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
Some TV's require you to select internal or home theater for sound. Turn off the internal speakers and see if that might help.

David Freeman
post #5 of 5 Old 12-09-2010, 05:21 AM

I'm no audiophile, and I thought this would be simple to connect, but spent a couple hours and still having problems. Any help is appreciated. Here is what I'm trying to connect to my CT150:

1. HD Cable Box with HDMI
2. Sony Blu-ray with HDMI
3. Samsung LCD with 3 HDMI

So, I connected an HDMI from the TV to the Sub
an HDMI from the cable box to the sub
and an HDMI from the Bluray to the sub

Here's what's gong on,
-the cable box audio skips trying to connect to DD, so i changed it to optical audio, but now only plays PLII and LPCM
-the bluray player will only play LPCM and/or PLII
-The TV speaker I have off b/c the speaker is lousy (why we got the sound bar to begin with).

What am I doing wrong that I can't get anything to play in DD, even the bluray player?

When i use the optical cable for the cable box and try to change it to DD (from the box), I get the same staggering audio from the sound bar trying to connect to DD (the light for DD blinks trying to connect too)

I have no idea what I need to do in the Sony bluray player to get that working right. There are many settings in the Audio folder of the bluray player set-up menu.

After reading a lot of this forum, I know you all will steer me right! Thanks in advance! If any other info is needed, please let me know.
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page